Faction aligment, built in brefing editor, built in unit loadout editor and the list goes on...

12 years... 12 YEARS and the only thing they added are modules in the editor and some cosmetic changes.

Faction aligment

What's that?

built in brefing editor

You can make it easily with modules.

built in unit loadout editor

Not like the devs states several times that it will be in the game.

I've gotten some squirrely behavior from the game since this morning's updated. Seems a bit more "stuttery", and I've had to make several attempts to start the game through Steam. Keeps taking me to a black screen with no splash menu. I'll wait for a half-a-minute or so and then see my mouse cursor just floating there. Have to ctrl-alt-del my way out and I get the error ARMA 3 Has Stopped Working. Also noticed the story character from IAF, Kerry's, sites are missing textures (they're solid light blue) when you look down the scope. I also discovered that the IAF medic has no medkit in his inventory and isn't given the prompt to heal when approaching an injured character. Put in tickets for all of the above. :(

Maybe it was intended?

I could see not giving him a medkit to make them sort of "guerrilla" style, but not even being able to heal with a first aid kit (which he DID have in his inventory)? Why make him a medic at all? LOL.

Faction aligment, built in brefing editor, built in unit loadout editor and the list goes on...

12 years... 12 YEARS and the only thing they added are modules in the editor and some cosmetic changes.

dude, seriously? Come on...

Question, is it possible for FIA to fight with AAF as both independents?

I mean ... it was easy in ArmA 2 days with Cherno/US Guerillas/Russia ||US/BAF - guerillas/PMC - Taki Army. But I tried in the editor and they won't fight each other, given the backgrounds I think they should be sided in some way to make them both allies with each other and enemies with each other.

I honestly quite like AAF, and I like the ability to play against FIA, in the mission I'm working on having both of them fighting is quite fitting. Then again ... no idea how canon works and how the story between the two goes, so I'm kinda ... blind in that regard. I see AAF as bluefor myself, but given what I gather from them I think they should both be independent, which arouses a bunch of problems.

I mean ... it was easy in ArmA 2 days with Cherno/US Guerillas/Russia ||US/BAF - guerillas/PMC - Taki Army. But I tried in the editor and they won't fight each other, given the backgrounds I think they should be sided in some way to make them both allies with each other and enemies with each other.

I honestly quite like AAF, and I like the ability to play against FIA, in the mission I'm working on having both of them fighting is quite fitting. Then again ... no idea how canon works and how the story between the two goes, so I'm kinda ... blind in that regard. I see AAF as bluefor myself, but given what I gather from them I think they should both be independent, which arouses a bunch of problems.

FIA and AAF are supportive of NATO I think.

"FIA", are able to be BLUFOR, OPFOR or INDEP. The only catch currently is for OPFOR and INDEP you need to spawn via script rather than placing units down in the editor. B_G_Soldier_F, I_G_Soldier_F and O_G_Soldier_F are all available in the generic versions currently.

Today compare to yesterday i got to many fps drops and slow downs! Yesterday was butter! was there any performance fix today?

I've gotten some squirrely behavior from the game since this morning's updated. Seems a bit more "stuttery", and I've had to make several attempts to start the game through Steam. Keeps taking me to a black screen with no splash menu. I'll wait for a half-a-minute or so and then see my mouse cursor just floating there. Have to ctrl-alt-del my way out and I get the error ARMA 3 Has Stopped Working. Also noticed the story character from IAF, Kerry's, sites are missing textures (they're solid light blue) when you look down the scope. I also discovered that the IAF medic has no medkit in his inventory and isn't given the prompt to heal when approaching an injured character. Put in tickets for all of the above. :(

I've had a similar experience. When starting the game it stops responding and minimizes to the task bar and then if I click on it it will start to work again. I also have had some crashes when reviewing in the editor as well as Arma stopped working more often than ever before. It seems they have broken the game a week before release, I hate to think of all the lost sales that will come from the current state of the game. I've already lost at least 6 guys from my community from the constant bugs and breakages, it's very frustrating to recommend a game a get people involved when there are so many issues.

Edited by AusCleaver
I'm a good englisher!

Damn, BIS, bring FIA back on IND side! :mad: I can't do anything because of your "cahnges". Really, it is already not funny.

Those changes to the roads BIS made a few days ago seem to have completely and utterly negated any improved to the driving AI BIS made, they are back to being Arma 2 level dumb as bricks.

Yea FIA being blue screws up any plans to use them as a rebel force which to me they clearly are a rebel force. Rather not have to script them in.

Got a few questions on the confirmed features like how do we get the towing of vehicles working and has any one noticed the Shock waves as i have not seen them working yet also the Blood loss will be simulated, including blood trails might be me but I haven't see any.

Damn, BIS, bring FIA back on IND side! :mad: I can't do anything because of your "cahnges". Really, it is already not funny.

Three posts about this rant I explained that FIA are still available on the INDEP side.

is that me, or switching FIA to NATO side, was inspired by syrian FSA rebels, who in fact, are american/nato instrument?

Three posts about this rant I explained that FIA are still available on the INDEP side.

Via scripting which is unnecessarily complicated considering they are fully functional on the other sides, why not have them enabled in the editor.

why not have them enabled in the editor.

From a few pages back:

There are some specific reasons for them to be not displayed in editor, but that may be subject of change under some circumstances (do not count this as promise, please)

I like how the civilians got random headgears when they spawned. Can it be expanded to uniform/clothing as well? And not just for civilians, but military units as well... because we like varieties :D

I like how the civilians got random headgears when they spawned. Can it be expanded to uniform/clothing as well? And not just for civilians, but military units as well... because we like varieties :D

I'm not sure it'd be a uniform then.

Got a few questions on the confirmed features like how do we get the towing of vehicles working and has any one noticed the Shock waves as i have not seen them working yet also the Blood loss will be simulated, including blood trails might be me but I haven't see any.

Towing vehicles and bloodloss/improved medical system has been axed together with some other features on the confirmed features list, I think blood trails are in the game (but make no sense since you do not actually bleedout). Im not sure what they mean with shockwaves, like the dust effect on the ground when something explodes? Or just taking damage from the shockwave, but havent seen that ingame aswell :) Still wondering what happened to the loadout selector inside the editor....

Woah woah, Hold on here a second BIS. We need a full explanation and your little background story on this FIA change..

They are REBELS, Freedom Fighters pretty much, they don't have a side. Hint the uniforms and appeal and weapons? Really, you just go throw some rebels onto the BLUFOR side? When they DRIVE TECHNICAL? Come on BIS, where are you taking this game.....

This is lame, I am sorry. You release something, and then 3 days later you take it back or change it so much already in a short time. You just ruined so many mission ideas with the FIA. Now they BLUFOR? Nope, Mission folder deleted. That idea is scrapped to hell and back. Oh well. Next week they probably be Independent again the way BIS is doing things lately.

Plus with this today on Reddit; http://imgur.com/a/RiNXq

BIS, you are killing me. Straight killing me here. A2 is calling my name again, its saying "Come back! I has content Mr. KilrBe3! Come back and play with me!"

A3 is saying "hehehe I tricked you!!! I got your money, now you got to wait 3-6 months after release for real content, hehe got you Mr. Be3!"

I am so not impressed by BIS this time around. At least for now.

Did the UGVs and the binding key issue get fixed yet?

Yay!

I am so not impressed by BIS this time around. At least for now.

Did the UGVs and the binding key issue get fixed yet?

Yay!

Why is there such a fuss about FIA being Blufor... you guys get crazy over the tiniest little things I swear.

A) It's probably campaign related

B) YOU CAN EASILY MAKE FIA INDEPENDENT IF YOU ARE A SEMI COMPETENT MISSION MAKER.

You're just picking on anything and everything and hating on BIS because it's cool at the moment. Stop it. There are bad aspects to the game, if anything you mask those issues by making points about this useless shit.

B) YOU CAN EASILY MAKE FIA INDEPENDENT IF YOU ARE A SEMI COMPETENT MISSION MAKER.

Why should we have to do extra work for something that should be in the game in the first place? I could always re-equip CSAT to have insurgent-style combat, but then we get FIA which is perfect... saves time. Then it gets switched with no real explanation. That's why people are upset.