Again, I said it also takes 3 or 4 months to iron out stuff to perfection.

And I said "I look forward to next week when it's a beta doesn't cut it anymore". That's all. make of it what you want. Anyway, far too off topic to continue this discussion, i invite you to write me a PM if you want to continue

And honestly, they got my money to build that 300 km² of land... they didn't build it "for me", they build it because we all PAID for it. So don't make it look as an act of charity. BIS is a commercial company that needs to live off their work. .

Cool your jets -your not a capital investor :rolleyes:

This is as absurd as telling the police officer arresting you to back off because you pay his salary. They built the island because they believe it will help to sell their product which you may or may not choose to buy. Stop acting like you have stake in the company.

You can take one of three approaches to this game:

1). Enjoy it as is and be patient. It is a WIP for the next year or so.....the first 4 months will produce the most changes. 4 months is the average time I've observed most game company's fixing the major problems.....then after that it is fine tuning.

2). Complain all the time and be miserable.

3) Don't play.

I don't think a lack of criticism is gonna make a better game. and I don't particularly appreciate being told how I should approach this game

You can take one of three approaches to this game:

1). Enjoy it as is and be patient. It is a WIP for the next year or so.....the first 4 months will produce the most changes. 4 months is the average time I've observed most game company's fixing the major problems.....then after that it is fine tuning.

2). Complain all the time and be miserable.

3) Don't play.

+1 Plain and simple.

I'd just add that if you decide for option 1 you could also spend the waiting trying to help the devs and giving constructive criticism ( giving ideas they could implement and pointing errors they could repair maybe even suggesting some solution ).

This is as absurd as telling the police officer arresting you to back off because you pay his salary. They built the island because they believe it will help to sell their product which you may or may not choose to buy. Stop acting like you have stake in the company.

Wow, I come here with a positive / optimistic attitude and get lambasted lol. I've said my peace. Thanks for the support, froggyluv.

Again, I said it also takes 3 or 4 months to iron out stuff to perfection. I the gave the BF3 example and how Dice started out rough on the day of release, but ended up making a very solid Game for their genre.

Battlefield 3 didn't release as an unfinished game. they had a campaign co-op and multiplayer. They also didn't remove half the promised features for the game during a 4 month alpha beta period. They also didn't patch in those promised features like a campaign during the 4 months after release. So I don't see how bf3 relates.

+1 Plain and simple.

I'd just add that if you decide for option 1 you could also spend the waiting trying to help the devs and giving constructive criticism ( giving ideas they could implement and pointing errors they could repair maybe even suggesting some solution ).

Agreed. But there is a fine line between corrective criticism and a negative attitude. BIS loves to hear from the community, but I don't think they care too much for insults.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Battlefield 3 didn't release as an unfinished game. they had a campaign co-op and multiplayer. They also didn't remove half the promised features for the game during a 4 month alpha beta period. They also didn't patch in those promised features like a campaign during the 4 months after release. So I don't see how bf3 relates.

On the PC, it was a mess on release.... Hacking, bugs galore, unbalanced, campaign got bad reviews, mp servers crashed all the time. Are you sure you're talking about BF3?

Agreed. But there is a fine line between corrective criticism and a negative attitude. BIS loves to hear from the community, but I don't think they care too much for insults.

Yeah, that's why I have highlighted constructive. As I stated before to me it's sad to see how people is so hard with BI ( even a few insulting them ). After all is a dev studio working in a game that costs 40 bucks.

I understand that people is disappointed, so am I. But destructive criticism and insulting is not gonna improve anything. Just make feel everyone worse. We could spend that energies trying to help them making a really good game.

They removed the bots and any sense of 'AI' which was a HUGE deal to me. Imagine if BI just quietly removed the bots. Fuck DICE.

Game is running like shit now. Wtf is with the GPU usage? More players you have, more object you have, more ai's you have ---> LESS GPU usage you have. :confused: It has gone from bad to worse now.

Went to 50 player server. GPU usage stayed under 50%, it didnt even heat up the card. Temps were down to 60 (usually 90) and fps was under 30. ----> go into empty server or singleplayer you get 99% gpu usage, 90 temp, and 50-60fps.

2600K, 580, 8gb

On the PC, it was a mess on release.... Hacking, bugs galore, unbalanced, campaign got bad reviews, mp servers crashed all the time. Are you sure you're talking about BF3?

I get the part about bugs and hacking etc. but they weren't missing major features that make a game final is what I was trying to get across.

But I understand your argument that it won't be perfect right away and will need patching but critical criticism is important too, especially since the game won't be a full game when it releases only after those patches make it in with campaign and cut features will it really be worth the full price.

Game is running like shit now. Wtf is with the GPU usage? More players you have, more object you have, more ai's you have ---> LESS GPU usage you have. :confused: It has gone from bad to worse now.

Went to 50 player server. GPU usage stayed under 50%, it didnt even heat up the card. Temps were down to 60 (usually 90) and fps was under 30. ----> go into empty server or singleplayer you get 99% gpu usage, 90 temp, and 50-60fps.

2600K, 580, 8gb

That's because your cpu starts bottlenecking. If you were to ramp up your cpu cycles with an overclock you would see an increase of gpu usage. (Almost) Everyone is cpu limited at the moment.

You really should not be reaching 90C with your graphics card, you might wanna check that out before it melts.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

That's because your cpu starts bottlenecking. If you were to ramp up your cpu cycles with an overclock you would see an increase of gpu usage. (Almost) Everyone is cpu limited at the moment.

Could this be because the game only uses about 60% of your CPU? This is completely the games fault as is it not well optimised. Nobody should be having to overclock their CPU because the game can't even use it properly.

I give up. Honestly, I give up.

Read what you quote and then think again. I said "WE PAID". It's not charity, that's all.

I might get a warning now, or an infraction, or a ban, but this whole thing is just getting ridiculous. Every little bit of criticism is either ridiculed, taken as "personal insults" or misinterpreted/misread/misjudged.

Yeah, I'm not a capital investor, I'm a CUSTOMER. And your comparison with the cop is just ridiculous. If you don't have anything constructive to say except ridicule, then don't say anything at all.

Guest Ti0n3r

Aloha. The aiming dead zone feature has been partly broken for months now. It is not possible to assign targets or report targets when aiming down sights. Is this going to be fixed prior to release?

The problem;

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/635294594110492012/12CEF5AB0E4AC83D616E45A4E19B5B43D19506AC/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/635294594110500055/348FE8608FAA016A6BB3DF216722AA46C63362F9/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/635294594110492012/12CEF5AB0E4AC83D616E45A4E19B5B43D19506AC/

They removed the bots and any sense of 'AI' which was a HUGE deal to me. Imagine if BI just quietly removed the bots. Fuck DICE.

Yeah this is main thing keeping me away from bf4. I really wanted bots in bf3 also but dice didnt promise to have in bf3 either so cant really say they took it out. their probably just saving it for a later title to make money from it :( :mad:

Read what you quote and then think again. I said "WE PAID". It's not charity, that's all

Yes but your insinuation comes across as "We Paid for it! Give us what we demand!" as if we are shareholders in the company or we sub-contracted out BI to design us a product exactly as we wish. That's just not the case. Consumers have the right to be angry of course, but a wise consumer investigates before he buys.

Every little bit of criticism is either ridiculed, taken as "personal insults" or misinterpreted/misread/misjudged

Not insulted at all. And it's not the criticism that's being ridiculed, it's the tone of my point above.

And your comparison with the cop is just ridiculous

Yes I know. Absurd even...;)

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Yeah this is main thing keeping me away from bf4. I really wanted bots in bf3 also but dice didnt promise to have in bf3 either so cant really say they took it out. their probably just saving it for a later title to make money from it :( :mad:

Yeah they didn't promise it but that's a pretty large feature to remove so I think it's safe to say a little outrage is warranted. Although, I only posted ONCE about it on their forums and then left the game forever. Bye forever $60 :p

I get the part about bugs and hacking etc. but they weren't missing major features that make a game final is what I was trying to get across.

Oh yes they did ... what do you think Battlefield 4 is then? lolol.. I would feel more ripped off with buying that... No more EA/ Dice for me, not when they re release the same game with a few bells and whistles added in and then charge you for more and more addon packs and say its something new :P

Edit after seeing your post above... i got 1300 hours out of it before i left.:p I got my monies worth, but dont see how BF4 is new when half the stuff is BF3 gear.... money for old rope:P

i have got my £20s worth out of Arma 3, just from playing in the early stages and the games not at full release yet :)

The civilian truck has a very high center of mass. It tilts in almost every curve

And no rocket pods! Seriously, remove one of those AA missiles (that can be locked on ground targets and even destroy them with ease) and put some pods in there.

Well... Addweapon and addmagazine can give your jet any weapon in game...

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

But I understand your argument that it won't be perfect right away and will need patching but critical criticism is important too, especially since the game won't be a full game when it releases only after those patches make it in with campaign and cut features will it really be worth the full price.

You forget companies like EA cut out content from their games to sell as dlc.

You forget companies like EA cut out content from their games to sell as dlc.

Yes I mentioned this a little after I posted that but let's trying getting back on topic now so bohemia can continue making the game:)

Yes I mentioned this a little after I posted that but let's trying getting back on topic now so bohemia can continue making the game:)

Yea, and why has nobody noticed we have our first armored interior in the IFV Gorgon yet? You can see it while turning in and out.

Yea, and why has nobody noticed we have our first armored interior in the IFV Gorgon yet? You can see it while turning in and out.

There was a post about it ( made by you btw ).

Oh nice find though it only flashes when you turn in/out.

/Oh forgot it was already in ACR...

Edited by St. Jimmy