Please do not nerf the Hatchback Sport. You have the regular one that grandma can drive. This thing is hilariously fun! I can't wait to make some rally races or see it in life missions as a supped up getaway car.

If anything buff the Offroads as they seem to have been nerfed some. Even better how about an Offroad Sport? Now that would make for some fun times. Heck, how about sport version of every civ car?

As for content in general I like the content. I wish we could drive the trawler and I was hoping to see a small fishing boat. I saw the skins in the alpha cfgs.

Yeah hatchback sport is awesome for drifting. I'll sure make a mission for it.

Btw I also thought the same about the trawler, they should only add a fast interior and it would be awesome ( they could even add a version with some MG, and you have a great ship for the FIA ).

Played some CTI with all of the assets available... I won't dive into details but I don't see how BIS can have this game ready for release by the date they have posted. It's definitely at a better stage then Arma 2 on release however, the game does not feel polished.

What happened to the uparmoured slammer thats on the games fucking cover?

Yeah hatchback sport is awesome for drifting. I'll sure make a mission for it.

Btw I also thought the same about the trawler, they should only add a fast interior and it would be awesome ( they could even add a version with some MG, and you have a great ship for the FIA ).

Trawler?

BIS for your company's sake, for the sake of the community at large, use that unexpected, un budgeted money from the DayZ boom and HIRE MORE TALENT!!!!!!!!!!! Please, I wanted this game to get awesome reviews and be popular. I am tired of going into the server menu and seeing nothing but locked, clan only servers with 1 or 2 public servers with 2 or 3 guys in it. I want you to be a successful company so that you can give raises to the folks that work hard over there and so you can invest in new technologies for the ARMA series. I doubt this game gets better than an 8.0 which is what ARMA 2 got on gamespot. Because while there are many improvements that would help sell the game you skimped on something mentioned in a lot of reviews of ARMA 2. The vastness of possibility and toys to play with. A sandbox, no matter how preatty, is boreing without alot of unique toys to play with.

Please, you say this is the issue, resources. Invest in your company so that it can release top notch games from the get go! You have a talented team but its too small. This release is not quality over quantity. While many models and textures/the maps are quality, this copy and paste, some great texture some crappy textures, sometimes both on the same models, IS NOT QUALITY! And we certainly didn't get quantity.

I can appreciate the whole fix one thing break a million more things spiel about coding, coding is one thing but this pick and choose whats gets quality and not is annoying. I give BIS the benefit of the doubt that its not lazyness its that they dont have enough manpower. I echo what others have said about releasing ARMA 3 content at ARMA 3 s (good quality texture/model) level. I think you owe it to your loyal customers. This is not a mod that we get for free. This is a buisness transaction and while I wouldent say I feel jipped I am let down. When I see what your company is capable of and then see them fail because of bad management and business practices Its sad.

Chill Pill, bro:cool: You know I'm gonna say it.......wait for it.......wait for it..............wait for it........"It's a Beta." Your criticism helps.....to a point.....but it's way to early to be so judgmental on their talent to make Computer Games. Let's reserve TOTAL judgement until: 1) The day after release; 2) Give them 3 or 4 months to fix it (and they will fix it).

You should know the drill by now when it comes to Computer Games being released.....especially one as complicated as this one. Release > bugs > bug fixes > Epic Game.

Peace.

HighPlainzDfter

What happened to the uparmoured slammer thats on the games fucking cover?

Haha, nice catch. :)

Chill Pill, bro:cool: You know I'm gonna say it.......wait for it.......wait for it..............wait for it........"It's a Beta." Your criticism helps.....to a point.....but it's way to early to be so judgmental on their talent to make Computer Games. Let's reserve TOTAL judgement until: 1) The day after release; 2) Give them 3 or 4 months to fix it (and they will fix it).

You should know the drill by now when it comes to Computer Games being released.....especially one as complicated as this one. Release > bugs > bug fixes > Epic Game.

Peace.

HighPlainzDfter

This has to be the most concise, level headed response to what seems to be a constant on these forums - poorly thought out gamer entitlement girly tantrums.

I couldn't have said it any better, HighplainzDfter. Kudos.

If you have a problem and are running DEV Branch, do a search of the feedback tracker and see if your problem has already been posted up. If it hasn't, start a new Feedback Tracker ticket, stating clearly the nature of the problem. That is the only way you will be heard, otherwise these childish rants are just wasting electrons.

If you are not running Dev Branch...why not? :rolleyes:

Who want the large fishing trawler to be driveable? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13964

I made the same reply a page or two ago. At least they can make it positionable so it can be used like a floating building. I personally don't see any need for it otherwise. You can't place explosives underwater (without scripting) and can't board it so what's the point. Heck, the trawler is one of the best vehicles they put out.

On the issue of the community not getting what we thought we were getting, I think they under or overestimated us. There are still vehicles like fixed wing that wee don't have. They said they were releasing "all of the rest of the sandbox content", at least I think they did. They gave us a Slammer, for example, but they might still have other versions of it coming. But the game comes out next week. So I think they cut the line where it was so they don't lose money, so they get the game out. But like the campaign, I expect more is still coming, for free.

I'm willing to bet that they had a very different idea of what the game was going to be and that half way through it, they realized it wouldn't work. So now they might be scrambling to save the work they did just to make it playable.

Edited by Victim9l3

Trawler and more.

http://imgur.com/a/6zhky#0

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13964 Check out the related tickets for it as well.

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

A ticket for the issues which prevent us from viewing the IFV Gorgon's wonderful driver, commander and likely gunner interior: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13971

Sorry for the size of the text but something as awesome as this can't go unnoticed!

Edited by ProGamer

Peace.

HighPlainzDfter

Lol "bro", that comment may have made sense 1 month ago but we are 7 days out. And anyway I am not talking about code, or bugs, or glitches. I am talking about models being the same for each faction, unfinished and inconsistent quality of textures. Those are all design choices by BIS, not things they intend to "fix" in the 7 days left of beta. Your comment did truly make me lol. That has been rallying cry of "no criticism at BIS" team for the last several months.

Anyway, I am not berating them for shitty quality game or having bugs/things not working in beta. I already said in my post it is obvious we have a team of very skilled 3D modelers and texture artist. They are very capable talent wise. But project management and human resources DOES NOT seem to be their strong point.

I am trying to understand why the hell they don't have a bigger team if they want to make such an ambitious game. AAA title development companies would never even think of releasing a game the way that BIS does. I understand and appreciate that BIS consider their games long term platforms and patch them like no other company I know does, but shouldent we all want them to get a good review out the box? To sell insane amounts of copies and make money?

That being said, I could have omitted a few !!!!!! in my post, I will admit.

Edited by CombatComm1

Please do not nerf the Hatchback Sport. You have the regular one that grandma can drive. This thing is hilariously fun!

finally someone gets it. why are people so uptight about that car not being realistic...jesus guys. loosen up!

Performance has taken a hit for me again stuttering again down too 2k VD and 1k object yesterday was getting 10k VD and 4k object and ran smooth...

same here. the short freezes are now worse than ever. just giving a heads up. knowing that the patch before this one almost fixed it makes me confident that this will be gone soon, right? sure hope so:p

You can basically set the view distance to a pretty high value if you keep the object distance "low". I get decent framerates on Altis with 10 km view distance it I keep the 1900 object view distance I normally use.

Object view distance is IMHO the most freamrate-determining factor in the whole game (or let's say, single unit on the map).

and that's exactly why objects need to be universally blended in instead of suddenly popping in. then it would be fine to use the settings described in the above quote. right now it's kind of ugly.

but i'd be already happy if the game wouldn't freeze constantly. but yea fingers crossed...

Has anyone noticed that the FIA faction armed offroad uses civilians? Regular tourists behind gun and wheel. A weird thing happened though. I put all the stuff from each faction in the editor so I can take a picture of everything so I know which ones I want to use. Anyway, I was wandering around browsing the FIA army and by the time I got to the armed offroad it was empty. Even though it wasn't when i placed it. I was just about to get into it when 2 civilians (both white shorts, blue stripes on the shirt) they came running from behind the airport building and got in the vehicle. It's odd they would get out for no reason then to run around a building then get back in. weird.

The sport hatchback is now OFFICIALLY the best offroad vehicle in the game! LOL! And it's nigh invulnerable, too! I unloaded half of the ammo from the Bobcat's main gun and the thing didn't so much as spark. Meanwhile, I drive a Hunter into a phone pole and I explode! I want to invest in whatever automaker's putting out that car! :P

The sport hatchback is now OFFICIALLY the best offroad vehicle in the game! LOL! And it's nigh invulnerable, too! I unloaded half of the ammo from the Bobcat's main gun and the thing didn't so much as spark. Meanwhile, I drive a Hunter into a phone pole and I explode! I want to invest in whatever automaker's putting out that car! :P

Just don't stop on a sandy beach or sandy hill. It will get stuck.

the fov is turning out far in the hatchback on high speed. its like you are going into a time tunnel ;) so less fov would be better.

also in the jet the fov is to high. you even can´t read the HUD. also the turn radius is really poor. should be more steerable on the ground.

and where is the analog thrust from arma2 ? so you have it from 0-100 , and not -50 to 0 to +50. please change that to the arma2 controls.

Lol "bro", that comment may have made sense 1 month ago but we are 7 days out. And anyway I am not talking about code, or bugs, or glitches. I am talking about models being the same for each faction, unfinished and inconsistent quality of textures. Those are all design choices by BIS, not things they intend to "fix" in the 7 days left of beta. Your comment did truly make me lol. That has been rallying cry of "no criticism at BIS" team for the last several months.

Anyway, I am not berating them for shitty quality game or having bugs/things not working in beta. I already said in my post it is obvious we have a team of very skilled 3D modelers and texture artist. They are very capable talent wise. But project management and human resources DOES NOT seem to be their strong point.

I am trying to understand why the hell they don't have a bigger team if they want to make such an ambitious game. AAA title development companies would never even think of releasing a game the way that BIS does. I understand and appreciate that BIS consider their games long term platforms and patch them like no other company I know does, but shouldent we all want them to get a good review out the box? To sell insane amounts of copies and make money?

That being said, I could have omitted a few !!!!!! in my post, I will admit.

You'll learn. BIS marches to their own tune. Sure, they are listening and they are improving the game AS THEY SEE FIT to meet the balance of the game. It's their business, you either take it or leave it. Just because the game doesn't meet "your expectations" doesn't mean that BIS is going to go out and hire 100 new Computer Scientists to meet your need. Only they know the bottom line, you don't. Have you ever thought that if Money was their #1 goal, then they would have gone to console's by now? But they haven't. They might take DayZ to Console, but the ArmA series is going to stay pure.

I, for one, love the game....have had hours of fun. If the Tanks or the Planes aren't up to standard's yet, I really don't care. The Sandbox Environment and the AI improving is what I care about most. The Tanks and the Planes will evolve. Side Note: I remember when BF3 came out in October of 2011, it was a mess. I thought "This is a disaster, they'd better fix it soon or they just ruined their brand." By early 2012, they fixed most things and fine tuned the balance....the rest is history with that game / genre. Battlefield is going to surpass COD. As for BIS, give them time..... they are already better prepared for their release than BF3 ever was back in 2011.

BIS will iron out the problems / balance / bugs and make a great "Vanilla" Milsim. The Community will add on from there with ACE 3 / ACRE / MODS / etc.

Just don't stop on a sandy beach or sandy hill. It will get stuck.

Hahah, yeah, I found that out after I posted. I filled Kavala with civs and AAF and played GTA style for a bit. I took a detour on the beach where the sun shades are and got out to shoot some of the angry AAF guys who were running after me, but when I tried to escape, the car wouldn't budge :P

But for sheer power climbing up mountains, there is no substitute! I wonder what the mileage is on this thing?

Please do not nerf the Hatchback Sport.
Everything about this I am in agreement with.

Also voted up to get the Trawler driveable, it's a cool concept!

Oh it does, just like the vehicle dynamics of every other single car in the game.

And yes it´s hard to hit 300 with a hatchback unless you completely rape the engine. Are you even aware of the auto-industry? the way you say "is not hard with engine tech available now" makes me think you don´t.

It´s not the top speed i´m after, it´s the acceleration. Big difference.

It should not hit 320 in any shape or form regardless of what technology is out there. It´s a standard hatchback, not a Formula One car.

Yeah I am well aware, you can get any half decent car to do 300km/h with mods (handling on the other hand is another story). Like I said engine tech these days is so good you can build high HP motors for fairly low $$.