Lower the view distance to around 3k or OC cpu ;). It works for me.

That's the one I'm talking about, it can't reach that altitude and can't get above the clouds.

max ceiling seems to be 4600.

I'm talking about real life here.

i7 950 - stock

6GB RAM

GTX 580 SLI

5000 view

2500 obj dist.

Everything else set to standard. The blur crap off as always.

Standing on the runway in third person gives me 59 fps. (main airport in the game) during flight in some areas will go down to 5-6 fps for a period of several seconds before it "lets up" and i´m back to 50 again.

Never experienced this before.

That happened to me until I lowered VD to 4000 and (seemingly) more importantly, Objects to 1400. Then my Minimum was at worst 20 and the framerate felt much smoother.

On another note -that Civvie Sports car is INSANE! Haha, come a far way since those little red cars from Resistence that felt more sluggish than a constipated mule. Good times ahead :)

I'd like to see an impact driver effect like a whiplash as well as more crunch sounds on impact.

Bug with the new FIA technical and trackIR:

1) Get in as gunner in first person view.

2) Look forwards (0 degrees) and use the head roll. (Nice feature BTW)

3) Rotate the gun to look facing backwards (180 deg).

4) Head roll is reversed. (Left is right, right is left).

Nice anims on the gunners arms - maybe they can do this for the door gunners in choppers as well.

EDIT:

Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13929

Edited by Das Attorney

What's with the arty overall? Both BLUFOR and OPFOR have exactly the same arty vehicle save for chassis which is naturally copy pasted from other vehicles in the game?

A lot of copy and paste everywhere, seemingly. Quite disappointing.

Something about "off the shelf components" probably, lol.

I am loving the update but I have some minor nitpicks

Having no coax on the T-100 while giving the commander one, whilst removing the mg for the Slammer commander (I'm assuming to balance things) is some next level stupidity. Main Battle Tanks have almost all had coax MG's since the cold war, seems incredibly dumb to remove it in the latest and greatest edition.

Also if a Slammer rear ends another Slammer, the one in front goes to space.

Also the firing sounds make me cry (Overall quite nice and capture the thwump of a cannon firing sound but the high pitch 'pyeuu' noise is awful). And also the firing sounds for the MLRS sound like they're from quake 2. Seems a shame to fall short in this area of sfx when the firearms are amazing.

Also spawning FIA via the sites module makes them shoot literally everyone on sight unless you set it so independants are friendly to everyone

Otherwise top notch work BIS, very happy with the update.

Uh why do we have 20 different civilian units when they only have two types of base clothing?

Not to mention Altis is still predominantly male...

hmm the Armed offroads from the FIA are still crewed by cowardly civilians which drop to ground and run away the second the first shot is shot

hmm the Armed offroads from the FIA are still crewed by cowardly civilians which drop to ground and run away the second the first shot is shot

I wouldn't be too bothered by this in terms of cutscenes; they're meant to be mostly untrained rebels! :D

Merkava tank fires its MG out of an empty space on the turret side that has no gun in it.

And just like with MLRS there's also no gunner hatch. Yet it has a gunner.

Comedy gold dev branch update.

are the tanks a work in progress? or are we going to have the same merkava chassis for every armoured vehicle except for the marshall

are the tanks a work in progress? or are we going to have the same merkava chassis for every armoured vehicle except for the marshall

You don't want the actual Merkava tank to have a Merkava chassis?

how does the laser work? we tried it with the arty laser guide missile but he gets no options or ability to shoot it?

My tank flipped over when I fired a shell...

Luckily it landed back on its tracks.

Uh why do we have 20 different civilian units when they only have two types of base clothing?

Exactly. They continue to make the civilians a joke. The civilians are just as much a part of the game as soldiers. A majority of good missions use civilians. They are used to interact, they are used as distractions, they help set a mood. It is insane that they can't make a minutes worth of effort with them. This game is a top of the line product and giving us these civilians disrespects the game. And with an island with this many cities/houses, using only 2 types of civilans in different clothes makes for a lousy city

On a side note I wish they could make the trawler a ship rather than an object. You can't get inside. And that trawler makes a good place to put people in.

Lower the view distance to around 3k or OC cpu ;). It works for me.

Yea probably will OC but it still does not answer the question why this is the first time i have encountered single digit FPS.

Any lower visibility and it´s like flying in a mist :D

Anyway thanks, i´ll probably take your advice and OC it back to 4.2 (kept crashing after weeks/months for some reason)

Edit: still getting fps in single digits, then when i quickly go to settings and video it shows 50. Which clearly is false.

Edited by RushHour

I wouldn't be too bothered by this in terms of cutscenes; they're meant to be mostly untrained rebels! :D

yea they are but still, the FIA infantry units are looking like rebels and got weapons, only their vehicles are driven and gunned by civilians.

edit:

hipster civilians...

http://i.imgur.com/QXcL1kE.jpg (409 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/un3MBfq.jpg (517 kB)

Another list of issues... Found by me and my brother...

1. Civilian police boat no lights

2. Slammer (when rammed up the arse) group is told to get out and board as passenger

3. Static Titan launcher, no recoil or back blast

4. Tank gunners do not fire unless told to when told to engage at will, is this correct?

5. Hatchback sport has got 40 turbo chargers (really fun!!)

6. FIA need to be more trained as they would be more skilled than civilians for sure.

7. Tanks seem not to blow up unless many many rounds are thrown at it.

Requests

1. More tent objects, there's hardly any military objects in this game compared to a2.

2. Editor lamp objects back in the game.

3. Camp lantern does not light up, can you make this happen?

4. Different paint skins for the only jet we have... I.e black...

More issues will come as we test

yea they are but still, the FIA infantry units are looking like rebels and got weapons, only their vehicles are driven and gunned by civilians.

edit:

hipster civilians...

http://i.imgur.com/QXcL1kE.jpg (409 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/un3MBfq.jpg (517 kB)

To get around this right now (not sure if it's due to change or not before release, bets on no), I'd suggest placing empty vehicle down and placing a move in driver/gunner/commander <vehname> script snippet in, so you can have rebel gunners and drivers still.

I agree totally, especially with the lack of female units, maybe to much testosterone within the Bohemia studio. I think Arma 3 IS a masterpiece, but no females in the final release content. Shame on you Bohemia Interactive.

Every ying needs a yang!

Are you supposed to be able to zero the IFV-Cheetah (35MM AA)?

That things is a beast!

You don't want the actual Merkava tank to have a Merkava chassis?

no, I don't mind the merkava tank having it, but every other armoured vehicle?

the artillery ,the AA tank, the MLRS , the APC, was expecting a bit more variety for 2 years of work to just have copy and paste of the chassis with different turrets

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175658985

this is all the blufor armoured vehicle ^

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901006906404696261/AEE238B180A9DAC327531137BFBC65F28DF4905F/

compared to all the opfor armoured vehicles ^

Edited by ryanbeckey0