Do we know if there are more infantry weapons etc in todays RC?

Except for the PDW seen on the release countdown overview, none that I know of. (Just more optics, as hinted by Pettka.)

Except for the PDW seen on the release countdown overview, none that I know of. (Just more optics, as hinted by Pettka.)

Arma3 is disappointingly slim on weapons :(

It would help if the MX was in available black too, like the pmc mod ones. The sand colored ones are a bit meh.

It's funny that there are more vehicles than weapons.

It's funny that there are more vehicles than weapons.

...but you can customize this weapons much better than in ArmA 2 (with flashlight, scopes...)!

if possible, can we get this combine showcase mission from the E3 2012?

It's just me or death animation it's better in there that the one we have now? min 3:55

Javi_KT It's just me or death animation it's better in there that the one we have now? min 3:55

Looks better to me than whats in game at the moment there's no delay when he gets hit, Now its when bullet hits the physic kicks in, He fall's on to his rig/bones then fall's.

...but you can customize this weapons much better than in ArmA 2 (with flashlight, scopes...)!
Yes, but the customization system is still pretty bad.

We still can't have separate left/right rails, no way of unifing optics across Mods and no underbarrel customization (we still have different weapon models/configs for each GL/no GL/VFG/AFG variants).

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

I find the attachments irrelevant, i never use em to be honest, flashlights and lasers only get you shot quicker as its like have well.... a flashlight on your weapon for all to see.

I find the flashlights too weak to be useful, if they lit of the terrain further away that would be nice.

I find the attachments irrelevant,

So the scopes, silencers and red-dots have no use to you? The grenade launchers even? No? Maybe go play call of duty if you want more weapons. Arma has never had a huge amount of weapons at launch, they've come with patches and addons.

Ideally, one could take a barren M14 EBR, and add an AFG on the bottom rail, a torch on the left rail, an IR pointer on the top front rail, a visible Laser on the right rail, an Eotech Holo on the top front rail and a X3 moveable scope in front of the Holo. (Ok the gun would look stupid, but still :D).

What would be even better would be to have one single weapon version, and change the barrel length as an attachment. So instead of having MXM, MXC and more we would have MX and one would add the barrel of the desired length based on the mission needs.

So in a city fight: short barrel on my MX, an Holo, a VFG, and a torch. Combined op on more open terrain: long barrel, an ARCO/MRCO whatever, an AFG and an IR Pointer.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

add an AFG on the bottom rail, a torch on the left rail, an IR pointer on the top front rail, a visible Laser on the right rail, an Eotech Holo on the top front rail and a X3 moveable scope in front of the Holo. (Ok the gun would look stupid, but still :D).

You mean like this? :D

1337749579_0.jpg

What about the bikini babes we saw in one of the early videos ? :D

This!

I thought this here from the SITREP: "That is about to change however; tomorrow's devbranch update will add all sandbox release content - a week before the rest of the world gets to enjoy it all!"

Meant all/nearly all of it? :/

While we wait... a bit of Levity!!!

Got to love PhysX :D

Although "it came out of the sky" would probably better fit

video :D

I thought this here from the SITREP: "That is about to change however; tomorrow's devbranch update will add all sandbox release content - a week before the rest of the world gets to enjoy it all!"

Meant all/nearly all of it? :/

Now is a week before the release and that means the rest of the world will enjoy the stuff in release day

Edited by RobertHammer

Now is a week before the release and its meant for stable version guys as "the rest of the world gets to enjoy it all"

Yes but I was more on about the add "all sandbox release content" bit. That (at least imo) implies that the content on release sandbox wise (i.e. objects, vehicles, weps) would be released? :/

Guest Ti0n3r

Fingers crossed for CSAT urban uniform & FIA units :D