Lets see what this 330MB update contains :yay:

Much will be data for additional protocol voices (replacing placeholder data).

Currently, it still doesn't work for other (friendly or enemy) groups. But it means we should be able to look at broadcast exclusion next, when we get the opportunity. Hopefully, the fix for friendly/enemy groups can follow, but the problem is fairly deep rooted, and requires some expert untangling.

Today's update should hopefully improve the existing state in three ways:

1. Audible Friendly/Enemy Groups - You should now hear friendlies and enemies communicating outside of your group in 3D space (which would finally fix a long-standing problem where only partial elements of the sentences were sporadically spoken)
  2. "Broadcast Exclusion" - Certain sentences (e.g. 'Reloading') are no longer broadcast across whole group; instead, they are audible in 3D space when you are nearby the speaker; excluded sentences are defined by config
  3. Additional/Fixed Voices - More voices were added for all three sides and picking voice types should now work when placing yourself in the editor (more details were shared here)

Unfortunately, the banana is dancing in the hot summer sun a little bit.

• We know that when members of your team speak only in 3D space (i.e. broadcast excluded combat shouts), the radio crackle and xmit (beep-beep) is still audible
  • This isn't the case for other (friendly/enemy) groups
  • We, for now, accept this issue as we feel the benefits outweigh it, and we'd like to make sure no additional/unforeseen problems occur in wider public testing

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Support for marking favorite sessions in the MP server display

Yes!!!

Yes!!!

About time !! Again well done BIS really saving the good tweaks right up to the wire.

Various memory footprint optimizations (font character data are now stored differently, shaders are created on demand)

The banana is dancing in the hot summer sun. :(

Seems like this might have caused some issues/conflict with ground parallax map depending on the weather conditions. Showcase infantry weather settings seem to cause the ground to "wobble", while the default editor settings don't show the issue.

Much will be data for additional protocol voices (replacing placeholder data).

Today's update should hopefully improve the existing state in three ways:

1. Audible Friendly/Enemy Groups - You should now hear friendlies and enemies communicating outside of your group in 3D space (which would finally fix a long-standing problem where only partial elements of the sentences were sporadically spoken)
  2. "Broadcast Exclusion" - Certain sentences (e.g. 'Reloading') are no longer broadcast across whole group; instead, they are audible in 3D space when you are nearby the speaker; excluded sentences are defined by config
  3. Additional/Fixed Voices - More voices were added for all three sides and picking voice types should now work when placing yourself in the editor (more details were shared here)

Unfortunately, the banana is dancing in the hot summer sun a little bit.

• We know that when members of your team speak only in 3D space (i.e. broadcast excluded combat shouts), the radio crackle and xmit (beep-beep) is still audible
  • This isn't the case for other (friendly/enemy) groups
  • We, for now, accept this issue as we feel the benefits outweigh it, and we'd like to make sure no additional/unforeseen problems occur in wider public testing

Best,

RiE

Very good. Now we don't need to listen every shout through the radio and it's much more immersive now. Let's hope you can fix the :yay::cool: sometime.

Yes!!!

About time !! Again well done BIS really saving the good tweaks right up to the wire.

* Support for marking favorite sessions in the MP server display

... this is one from early components for the MP GUI redesign :cool: (as some of you said i'm just mumbling nonsense :rolleyes:)

The firefight is much more immersive now... Thank you BIS. Now we need to get those lips moving again, unless in 2035 we all communicate through telepathy :D

Support for marking favorite sessions in the MP server displayYes!!!

Finally! :dancered:

Has anyone tested how far enemy units in stealth mode can be heard whispering? Can they be heard at all?

Support for marking favorite sessions in the MP server Display

Nice feature!

Could you add a filtering option to show only favorited servers?

Is there any update on Nvidia/Amd driver's for Arma 3 since the release is soon.

Is there any update on Nvidia/Amd driver's for Arma 3 since the release is soon.

I would like to know that as well.

Aw man I was hoping Altian forces would speak Greek

What we have is still good though (or should I say splendid?), don't get me wrong.

Has anyone tested how far enemy units in stealth mode can be heard whispering? Can they be heard at all?

yes, thats the first thing i checked, after seeing the changelog. I set 2 waypoints about 5 meters each, 1st is stealth, the bots start to whisper, when they reach second point with combat mode, they start to shout loud move, ill cover etc.

Very nice job BIS, this makes the bots look more life like, not like some robots, who never say anything.

But please, DEVs, could you add few more different farci voices? This gets abit annoying with the time, hearing all the same 2 voices from whole troop. All fine with US troops, since they have a lot more voices...

btw just noticed today, lol wut?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175442239

Edited by NeuroFunker

The new 3D communication is very cool, a long-awaited feature for me.

Although the AI can't detect you by your voice, I thought that was already included?

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Somebody noticed this ? The headgear seems to be glowing. Seems to have happened with the new dev built.

yep, ive made some screens of it, named arma 3, ghost recon. I think thats dyn lighting bug, when outside is dusk or dawn.