That seems like it's due to some modders' legacy attachment to the modline method, whereas pretty much all you need to do with the My Documents & Expansions method is know that the modfolders go into the Arma 3 folder in My Documents.

I don't like having mods on my C:\ drive. Can't the addons folder be customizable? I prefer all my arma stuff to be in it's respective folder.

Just add the mods in game on expansions...no need for -mod line on your shortcut.

ok i played a long game today using the -maxVRAM=1850 and while it is almost fixed (rare mcuh shorter freezes) in general it gets really bad after playing longer. i'm glad i have somewhat of a fix now but i thought i might mention it here. what essentially happens is that the problem builds itself up and at a certain point the game constantly freezes unfreezes and freezes again.

i hope that, with cleaning up the island and the build from errors and all that, this will eventually be fixed because otherwise performance is surpringly good on this huge monster of an island. i'm having a blast now finally enjoying the actual game instead of just making stuff for it.

ok i played a long game today using the -maxVRAM=1850 and while it is almost fixed (rare mcuh shorter freezes) in general it gets really bad after playing longer.

is that the max number you can use? anyone tried 2046?

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

I had great success with the -maxVRAM parameter, I pushed it to 1850. -maxmem also helped.

so technically i can put the following

-maxVRAM=2046; -maxmem=2046 ?

altis (theoretically) performs surprisingly well, even in areas with many buildings!

unfortunately, for me, that is only in theory since i have not been able to find a single server with more than 20 fps yet, that would have been worth playing on it.

Wait you can install mods into the documents folder? I didn´t know that...

This is new to me also. So one can install mods like this example:

.../My Documents/Arma 3/[b][color="#FF0000"]@[/color][/b]ACE3

and then the ingame "Expansions" menu will see the mod and allow you to enable it? Is this type of mod installation documented somewhere?

I have the GTX 570 1280mb. How should I set up the -maxvram? -maxvram=1080? Or more?

someone said something about 95% of the actual value. i have 2gb and 1850 works fine. 2047 on the other hand didn't give me the same good results. so i guess trial and error. but in general, for me, it seems that there needs to be a "buffer" between setting and actual value.

i still think though that those settings aren't the whole solution. my guess is that either in the process of finalizing everything things will get better or BI will have to actively try to do something about it. there's much potential for great performance without the freezes.

and iirc i had similar freezes in alpha on stratis (not the -nologs issue).

I have the GTX 570 1280mb. How should I set up the -maxvram? -maxvram=1080? Or more?

I've set my 1,2GB card for 1280. No problems here.

This is new to me also. So one can install mods like this example:

.../My Documents/Arma 3/[b][color="#FF0000"]@[/color][/b]ACE3

and then the ingame "Expansions" menu will see the mod and allow you to enable it? Is this type of mod installation documented somewhere?

my documents are in one SSD (win7) and arma 1+2+3+mods have its own SSD so i like to keep all together in the same folder!But i you can try it!

-maxVRAM=you max video card ram! gtx690 4gb (not sure if is 2gb per core than would be 2046)

And -maxmem=2046 was the limit in arma 2 but i have seen people using 8192 or 16384 in arma 3...but i don't think it works! this -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi helped me with stuttering too.

Ingame Expansion menu (been there since A2/OA some beta patch IIRC) sees all mods in respective My Documens/Arma X/... folder. I think you don't even have to name them @, it's just for convenience sake (probably it parses the folders for AddOns/*.pbo). However, if you hardcode a mod in the launch parameters (the older method of -mod=), you can't disable it in the Expansions menu.

Ingame Expansion menu (been there since A2/OA some beta patch IIRC) sees all mods in respective My Documens/Arma X/... folder. I think you don't even have to name them @, it's just for convenience sake (probably it parses the folders for AddOns/*.pbo). However, if you hardcode a mod in the launch parameters (the older method of -mod=), you can't disable it in the Expansions menu.

I've used only the Expansion menu for A2 mods for a long time, but I didn't know that mods under My Docs/Arma XXX folder would also be recognized (my mods are all in Arma2 install folder). I just tested it with A2, and it works. And you are also correct about the @ not being necessary.

I believe I read that we would be getting more content in the Dev build like new vehicles and such today, is that correct or did I just dream it?

I believe I read that we would be getting more content in the Dev build like new vehicles and such today, is that correct or did I just dream it?

Wed, Sep 4th if all goes well.

On the 4th, not today.

I have tried -maxVRAM=256, 512, 1024, 2047 no difference, Gpuz gives me always 1275 max and i have always the same FPS and video quality.

I7 3770 GTX660 W8 64b

Are you sure maxVRAM works on A3 ?

Sep 4th any jets?

Yes, supposedly, we should be getting the A 143 "Buzzard" for the independent faction if all goes well.

Can a developer please tell us all the new scripting commands related to Simul weather? We have like 30 of them already but we suspect there maybe many more commands related to precipitation and snow. And other commands for other parts of the weather simulation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162909-Secret-SimulWeather-commands

I have tried -maxVRAM=256, 512, 1024, 2047 no difference, Gpuz gives me always 1275 max and i have always the same FPS and video quality.

I7 3770 GTX660 W8 64b

Are you sure maxVRAM works on A3 ?

I have the same experience with -maxVRAM not affecting video memory usage, my max usage goes up to 2.5GB for two SLI-ed 680 4GB.

game has a memory leak I swear... :/ altis was good when it first come out and now its gone downhill ever since that silly 32bit fix

game has a memory leak I swear... :/ altis was good when it first come out and now its gone downhill ever since that silly 32bit fix

If your system is 64 bit it wouldn't effect you.

If your system is 64 bit it wouldn't effect you.

Have to agree with dale0404 here - the "silly 32bit fix" merely raised the default virtual memory limit for 32bit users. 64bit PCs should be unaffected by this.

Altis is still smooth as ever on my 64bit system.

Have to agree with dale0404 here - the "silly 32bit fix" merely raised the default virtual memory limit for 32bit users. 64bit PCs should be unaffected by this.

Altis is still smooth as ever on my 64bit system.

Well for me and obviously a few others it has been trashed ever since.

They may have made other alterations in that version that has causd the problem though, not nessissarily blaming it on the 32bit fix itself but the patch as a whole.