The divers have taken off their masks again when inside the svd. Wasn't this fixed a while back?

It's also not possible to have the lights turned on when you eject from the svd like other vehicles. Lights on command for AI driver don't work either.

This make it impossible to see anything if you go outside the svd, now that darkness have been added when depth increases.

Divers are in need of a light source, either attached to the SDAR or flashlight.

I'd like to see a little wider FOV in vehicles in 1st person, it looks a little too narrow to me. Also, the co-driver seats in the CSAT truck are too high, so it's hard to see out.

Edited by Zorg_DK

I'm not downplaying it, just a bit worried.

If it's a bug, then that's fine, even great. Bugs can be found and fixed.

yea i hear ya. but i, kind of, trust in BI that they don't just release a terrain that isn't even playable without any hick ups at all (not talking about the stutter bug).

it almost feels like there is an rvmat or texture broken that is used a lot on the island or something like that. something is broken for sure.

about hte -maxmem thing. setting it to -maxMem=2047 made the stutter less violent and the freezes are a tiny bit shorter but the problem persists. it's impossible to play PvP like this which is a shame because i think BI really got something special here. fighting in Kavala with the new movements was the most immersive PvP i ever had. with this kind of visuals and realistic environments (scale) and movements that make it possible to fight fluently in urban areas, this easily beats bf3 for me personally. and i still love bf3.

anyways. i lowered my viewdistance to 900m yesterday and still had the stutter. then i lowered the texture details to low...still stutter. as with the maxMem setting it gets a little better and less violent but it absolutely stays. i tried to confirm the "palm theory" someone offered but couldn't. i get this in very small villages (also in the west) with no appearent reason. i almost think now that the satellite texture might be part of it. you can see it load when you open the map. white patches being replaced by texuture patches.

we need more ways of turning things down to find the cause of this. i have awesome FPS but this totally kills it.

if the game requires 8gb to run properly just say so. but don't tell me that i have the "recommended" specs when i get massive stutters on low settings. i still think something is broken. on a massive terrain like this a single broken object can cause huge problems, if it's used often.

Edited by Bad Benson

The divers have taken off their masks again when inside the svd. Wasn't this fixed a while back?

SVD=Dragunov sniper rifle

SDV=mini submarine

Learn the difference, people.

SVD=Dragunov sniper rifle

SDV=mini submarine

Learn the difference, people.

Everybody knew what he meant, so don't be so smug about it.

i almost think now that the satellite texture might be part of it. you can see it load when you open the map. white patches being replaced by texuture patches.

Yeah, you especially see the white patches being replaced at the beginning when starting flying in a helicopter or jet.

if the game requires 8gb to run properly just say so. but don't tell me that i have the "recommended" specs when i get massive stutters on low settings. i still think something is broken. on a massive terrain like this a single broken object can cause huge problems, if it's used often.

I have 32 GB RAM and still get stuttering when flying fast, especially bad over the eastern side. I even tried moving the entire game into a 16 GB RAMdisk and still get the same stutter, which makes me think it is something CPU related?

My and others' research is suggesting at the moment that some or all of the nearest*** commands are, to put it succinctly, fucked on Altis.

Seems like this is the case, maybe it is something to do with the "House" class being used for god knows how many objects, but maybe not...

For me, using a nearest* command kills the game for about 30 seconds (and my mission uses it quite a bit) perfect on Stratis though.

When the nearest commands are used and the game freezes up the CPU usage is at 10% (never more) and Memory usage goes to around 2.2GB for the arma process.

So I commented out all the nearest commands and the mission runs reasonably well.

I7 3970x, 16Gb ram, Windows 8 x64, Nvidia GTX 690, Intel 520 ssd

Just noted that if you are the rear gunner of the speedboat you shots won't hit the boat neither the crew, does this happens with someone else?

I have 32 GB RAM and still get stuttering when flying fast, especially bad over the eastern side. I even tried moving the entire game into a 16 GB RAMdisk and still get the same stutter, which makes me think it is something CPU related?

that is interesting. that makes it look even more like a leak or a corrupt file somewhere. fingers crossed for a fix at least at release.

we lost MP text windows, ... again . i can't even see status of my server :icon_confused:

Yeah, you especially see the white patches being replaced at the beginning when starting flying in a helicopter or jet.

I agree:

I don't see it often, but now and then it happens to me as well. Also running 32gb, and a SSD on SLI'd Titans, so I am pretty sure its a CPU issue since mine isn't anything special. But since its pretty rare, I really don't worry overmuch about it. Now if it starts cropping up more and more, yes, then its something I really want to see fixed. :)

in submarines: when you are below 100 meters, and it gets dark, than you dont see the lightning on the ground.

@PantherAl:

sli'd titan ? holy mother. can you show me your graphics settings ?

@PantherAl:

sli'd titan ? holy mother. can you show me your graphics settings ?

I don't think it would matter all that much with this game , I got a single 780gtx and can max it out , it bottlenecks at the cpu if you got high end cards .

Did they add rain effects today? I just resumed a saved mission in which it's raining and my screen gets all blurry and squiggly (for lack of a better term). I'm glad to see some experimentation with the rain, but it made the mission unplayable. Of course, maybe it's a mod, but I don't think I'm using any that affect weather.

Did they add rain effects today? I just resumed a saved mission in which it's raining and my screen gets all blurry and squiggly (for lack of a better term). I'm glad to see some experimentation with the rain, but it made the mission unplayable. Of course, maybe it's a mod, but I don't think I'm using any that affect weather.

Rain drops shouldn't appear on a soldiers face and instead on cameras, googles, and windshields. I also found it odd playing games were the soldier had rain drops on his eyes.

the game needs to use more memory... why is it that you can only set it to "2046" (or whatever it is)

i have 16gb ram and i want to fucking use it...

same with my CPU i have 6 cores!

the game needs to use more memory... why is it that you can only set it to "2046" (or whatever it is)

i have 16gb ram and i want to fucking use it...

same with my CPU i have 6 cores!

I have 24gb of ram and 8 cores and I want to use them!

I have 24gb of ram and 8 cores and I want to use them!

its a 32bit application. so you cant use more memory. has to be 64bit to use all the ram.

or just be like me, with 32GB , the game content on ramdisk and enjoying the ride

(i know i know, i do want native x64 build of binary too but that ETA is in between stars)

btw. difference between ramdisk and fast SSD is barely noticable (only in settings beyond ultra)

or just be like me, with 32GB , the game content on ramdisk and enjoying the ride

(i know i know, i do want native x64 build of binary too but that ETA is in between stars)

btw. difference between ramdisk and fast SSD is barely noticable (only in settings beyond ultra)

Got an SSD on the way, gonna see what the difference is versus my Seagate 500gb mechanical drive.

Hopefully though we can eventually get a 64 bit binary though.