Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but while flying around in the MH-9 in Altis I decided to land on a gas station roof, and I got a message in the bottom corner that said "refueling" and my fuel was suddenly full. I'm not using any mods, and no scripts in the mission.

Yeah thats "normal" in Arma :D

FIRST!11!! Damn it Kremator :mad:

SECOND!!1!!

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but while flying around in the MH-9 in Altis I decided to land on a gas station roof, and I got a message in the bottom corner that said "refueling" and my fuel was suddenly full. I'm not using any mods, and no scripts in the mission.

Normal behavior since you are within the refuel area, been this way since OFP.

/KC

And I crashed some Hummingbirds while trying to fly them under the roof. :o

On that, that bird swallow too much fuel, has a small gas tank or everything else is "green friendly"?

Anybody else having problems with building positions on Altis?

with code like this game freezes for me!

_unit = _this select 0;

_house = nearestBuilding _unit;

_unit setPos (_house buildingPos 0);

Works fine on Stratis.

Works fine on Stratis.

yep, me to .. been like this since last 2 dev updates.

mine works fine on stratis since alpha but locks up altis.

to be more specific - when I hit preview in editor it goes to load screen and does nothing. after several min of waiting I alt tab check task manager and it says arma 3 not responding...

oh that sounds like what Champy_UK described. and i confirm this also. something is wrong with all the "nearest-"/"near-" commands on altis it seems.

Issue of taking anything from crates into your loudout will reset the scroll back to top is still there sadly.

oh that sounds like what Champy_UK described. and i confirm this also. something is wrong with all the "nearest-"/"near-" commands on altis it seems.

I've used them to find wrecks, towers and locations and didn't have any glaring problems. It got real slow when I tried to find things thousands of meters away, but reasonable radius wasn't bad. 3-4 seconds for 5500 meter check for wrecks for example. Over a minute for 25000.

3-4 seconds for 5500 meter check for wrecks

hm i made that exact test (i think 5000) and my game froze for a while. i'm not saying the commands are broken but several people are reporting issues with scripts that use them. it might be related to some kind of hidden helper objects maybe that are classed as houses. i don't know. or maybe it's using those commands when the game is already stuttering what is causing the break down.

Works fine on Stratis.

My and others' research is suggesting at the moment that some or all of the nearest*** commands are, to put it succinctly, fucked on Altis.

Is there anyone who has had glichty pip screens since the alpha cause I have had it for a while now, but its not on every vehicle. The hunter without any GMG or HMG works fine and some choppers, but the offroads, ifrits and boats all have glitchy screen with flashing black background on them, makes it hard to see anything. Not sure if I should put this on feedback tracker cause I might be the only one having this problem...

This isn't because of the sheer number of objects? Chernarus was 80% trees, after all, and no one looks for them.

Sorry guys but the stuttering kills the joy for me. I didn't had that with stable branch Stratis but I do know.

Also I have average 60 FPS on the map editor and my FPS jumps up to 80 and then go down to 50 which results in a lot of stutter.

I hope they can do something about it because all my friends have the same issues.

Down to 50 and you're complaining about it? Just limit it to 50, use -nologs and you're golden.

Down to 50 and you're complaining about it? Just limit it to 50, use -nologs and you're golden.

-nologs doesn't work for this. all it did was "fix" RPT spam in MP. and just because his FPS is generally high (mine is around 40) doesn't mean that the game runs fluintly. we are not talking about micro stutters or are on the hunt for total perfection. the game actually freezes for seconds and constantly chops. it's a serious issue...

Is there anyone who has had glichty pip screens since the alpha cause I have had it for a while now, but its not on every vehicle. The hunter without any GMG or HMG works fine and some choppers, but the offroads, ifrits and boats all have glitchy screen with flashing black background on them, makes it hard to see anything. Not sure if I should put this on feedback tracker cause I might be the only one having this problem...

yes i have this issue too its really annoying because i cannot use UAVS!!

Sorry guys but the stuttering kills the joy for me. I didn't had that with stable branch Stratis but I do know.

Also I have average 60 FPS on the map editor and my FPS jumps up to 80 and then go down to 50 which results in a lot of stutter.

I hope they can do something about it because all my friends have the same issues.

Wish I had this kind of problem :D

Guys, is the castle in Altis the one from OFP? The one where we encounter the resistance? It looks awfully similar.

Yay!

I don't think that there is any other way to make Altis completely stutter free for everyone, than making an additional "Altis Lite", with only very small towns and limited objects and buildings and removing some eye-candy, like that solar powerplant and so on.

I see the stutters only when moving with very high speed to a new area with lots of buildings. If the engine has time to load and draw everything, it doesn't stutter. And in "normal play" it doesn't stutter at all.

IF you spawn over 4500 Objects in a Mission on Altis you get one FPS. WIth just 1500 Objects the half of your normal FPS. I would suggest that you work till relese more @ Mission Performance or Map

yeah i notice more stutter when flying when it should be other way around if anything orrr none at all but thats wishful thinking

Normal behavior since you are within the refuel area, been this way since OFP.

/KC

Wow... been playing arma for 2 years and NEVER knew that :P