Unless your character explicitly receives an "identity" in the mission, your voice and face will always be as they are defined in your player profile.

Does that actually work? I seem to be getting Male01 all the time, regardless of which voice I chose in the profile.

The only time I noticed significant slowdown was when I was in the middle of Kavala with an AI subordinate, and I pressed my command key to issue a move waypoint to him. FPS dropped sharply. I suppose this is because the game is evaluating the hundreds of different actions (open door, etc) or move positions in a large town. Can someone confirm this?

Does that actually work? I seem to be getting Male01 all the time, regardless of which voice I chose in the profile.

That's an Arma3 bug. :)

Also, as RiE explained, what I said wasn't quite correct. The game is supposed to switch your voice to the appropriate faction version, but that doesn't work properly at the moment.

29-08-2013

EXE rev. 09586

Size: ~19 MB

****Various tweaks to PhysX and related performance ****

Could we have a little more information on the above please :)

•Various tweaks to PhysX and related performance

Can we expect higher FPS? :yay:

29-08-2013

EXE rev. 09586

Size: ~19 MB

****Various tweaks to PhysX and related performance ****

Could we have a little more information on the above please :)

yeah that would be good, because i testet that "vehicle jumping " when they stand very close to each other , and its still there.

was so happy when i read physx tweaks. but that really "gamebraker" is still in.

(only dedicated server!)

Any word on fixing UAVs and UGVs?

Yay!

Just use windowed mode!

Yeah, you can ignore the problem and just play the game in windowed mode instead of playing the game like you want or you can keep reporting problem here so people or bi can help fix it.

CombatComm- If it happens again, open your task manager. Either by right clicking the taskbar at the bottom of your desktop or ctrl+alt+delete. Look for arma 3 in your processes (it might be a different tab depending on version of windows, maybe "details" tab if not processes) when you find arma 3 right click and end task. That will shut off any arma that might still be running so you don't need to shut off computer.

I don't know what else you have going on while game is on but the crash sounds like when I have stuff going on outside the game like video or websites that might be using too much memory and the computer can't handle going back and forth. Do you pause the game when you tabalt? maybe try the opposite until problem gets fixed. One thing you can try is click exit while you are playing the game in the editor so that you are back in the 2d editor, then after you switch back from windows you can push "continue" and get back in the game where you left off, rather than preview it again. but definitely keep reporting issues so they get fixed not just go windowed.

Edited by Victim9l3

Ai with cycle waypoints seems to be broken, they do not move at all anymore.

Do you guys have this trouble?

Yes, exactly the same problem for spawned infantry units (not vehicles).

Wanted to share an experience I had last night on Altis playing BE Warfare which made me aware of a well known feature request.

I've seen plenty of posts and topics on bipods and resting weapons from a window but I never realized how important this feature is. Last night on Altis I was assaulting a powerplant filled w/AI. I found a neighborhood with an overwatch to the plant and it also happened to be the high ground. I hid my IFRIT in the neighborhood and positioned all of my ai in the houses on the 2nd floor looking outside the windows. I took position and tried to look out the window with my scope, kneeling as much as I could. The targets were about 400-500m out and I had a great ambush setup. I began the ambush and then realized that my weapon sway was going to be a big problem. Because I couldn't take advantage of resting my rifle on the window I was all over the place with my shots. We ended up getting annihilated, but after that engagement I realized what a detriment it is to not have the ability to rest your rifle on objects like a window. This feature seems a lot more important now with Altis in the mix. It has so many buildings that are open inside, making this feature a lot more important then ever before.

I hope it gets developed in the near future.

BTW, I only played Altis for 45min last night but WOW, what an awesome map!

....Checked the tracker, #1 feature request. Lol, I did not realize it moved up to #1; glad the community is on it!

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Fixed: NVG - it was possible to activate even without NVG in inventory

On a related NVG activation issue - will the ability to use NVGs with optics be fixed?

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

That made me giggle. :)

Carry on.

If an AI soldier is knocked over by a vehicle and survives, it refuses to move afterwards.

today i received a 2nd update after the ~19mb thing

after that, altis is lost in the game. can't choose altis in editor.

steam autochecking files gives me no error?

i found the error:

steam deactivates the dev branch update (dont know why)

and delete some files

now i had to reload the whole 2.x gb.

Edited by johnnygitarr

How many of you guys experience stutter? I have good FPS but they go up and down like crazy when I drive a car or fly with a helicopter.

Am I the only experiencing stuttering? It's quite annoying knowing that I have good FPS but still can enjoy it 100%.

same here.

win 7 64bit 4gb ram running the game with -nologs and still it behaves exactly like the problem that i had without -nologs before.

must be massive error spam or bad resource management. when i freshly start my PC and play, it works perfectly fine but over time it gets worse. without it i had over 40 fps hosting a whole map mission (only EOS) and playing with a friend.

one thing i noticed is that teleporting (in the editor with Alt+LClick) will trigger the stutter problems sometimes. it's like something is wrong with the whole streaming of objects and the lod switching. i also sometimes have the white ground textures that people described. i generally can keep the game from freezing by looking at the ground and letting it calm down. after that it's fine for a bit until it starts again.

it kinda feels like a temporary memory leak (if that is even possible :D ) or somekind of data overflow. my FPS is absolutely reasonable and i don't even feel a big difference when i run around in Kavala (best castle ever) which is awesome btw. i really hope this gets fixed. it's like the RPT related MP stutter all over again.

I think the stuttering is because of the streaming of the complex scenes. I also get complete freezes for a few seconds when I teleport somewhere else on the island. Of course if I spin around (sometimes quite jerky) and it loads everything in, then the whole game is smooth again.

Si I'd go with a data flow issue.

I'm confident that BIS will sort it !

PS ALTIS IS FKIN BRILLIANT !

Altis runs well enough for me unless I begin flying low and fast around central Altis, (Near the main airport and it's surroundings.) then my frame rate plummets below 20 and the massive stuttering begins. Slowing down to below 200km/h causes it to immediately jump back up to 30 or higher.

...and I have noticed a few AI/waypoint issues recently, I was attempting to send a group of AI to the next waypoint by synchronizing and activating it with a trigger like I have so many times in the past and they don't seem to respond to it.

I had the group waiting at a "never fire, careless behavior" waypoint with a "detect Blufor" trigger synchronized to it which should have sent them along to the "open fire, engage at will, aware" waypoint ahead when activated... but it didn't quite work out that way, lol.

Edited by Koukotsu

same here.

win 7 64bit 4gb ram running the game with -nologs and still it behaves exactly like the problem that i had without -nologs before.

must be massive error spam or bad resource management. when i freshly start my PC and play, it works perfectly fine but over time it gets worse. without it i had over 40 fps hosting a whole map mission (only EOS) and playing with a friend.

one thing i noticed is that teleporting (in the editor with Alt+LClick) will trigger the stutter problems sometimes. it's like something is wrong with the whole streaming of objects and the lod switching. i also sometimes have the white ground textures that people described. i generally can keep the game from freezing by looking at the ground and letting it calm down. after that it's fine for a bit until it starts again.

it kinda feels like a temporary memory leak (if that is even possible :D ) or somekind of data overflow. my FPS is absolutely reasonable and i don't even feel a big difference when i run around in Kavala (best castle ever) which is awesome btw. i really hope this gets fixed. it's like the RPT related MP stutter all over again.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162497-Script-course-game-to-crash-ONLY-on-altis&p=2483132&viewfull=1#post2483132

Is thing the same as you guys are experiencing??

Guest Ti0n3r

Is anyone else having problems with 'reveal target' when aiming dead zone is enabled? It seems the invisible crosshair is stuck center of screen and wont move with your point of aim (when aiming down sight).

highlight a squad member while aiming down sight and you'll see what I mean.

Peace

Edited by Ti0n3r

Is thing the same as you guys are experiencing??

that sounds more like a more specific problem that is probably related to the main problem though.

I think the stuttering is because of the streaming of the complex scenes. I also get complete freezes for a few seconds when I teleport somewhere else on the island. Of course if I spin around (sometimes quite jerky) and it loads everything in, then the whole game is smooth again.

Si I'd go with a data flow issue.

yea totally. the thing is though that it happens in SP and it also is very severe, which means that it can cause total freezes. and then sometimes (after fresh restart) it's almost totally gone. and when it once started there is no going back unless i do a total restart. so it might be a mix of some leakage and general overflow related to the size of alits. there are lots of errors still so RPT turned off or not. this might just disappear after the game is totally cleaned up and ready for release. *fingers crossed*

I'm confident that BIS will sort it !

PS ALTIS IS FKIN BRILLIANT !

dito to both. altis is totally blowing my mind right now. i really hope they can optimize the whole object streaming process more because my general FPS is absolutely promising.

Why does the Altis map take a long time to switch from white to texture view? Sometimes even when it all switches to texture, it still blurs sometimes.

Why does the Altis map take a long time to switch from white to texture view? Sometimes even when it all switches to texture, it still blurs sometimes.

There's a lot of graphical data to be loaded so if you have a slow HDD and/or GPU with low VRAM, then you will have longer data load times.

It's not just this game. If you get anything with a massive map (for example X-Plane or even IL-2) and teleport around on it then you will have white textures while the game waits for your HDD to access the textures and pass them on to the GPU for rendering.

Well I certainly hope that BIS will fix the stuttering. I remember I had some stutter problems when I played on Stratis but only with some dev builds not the stable branch. So they fixed this problem on a much smaller island but still they fixed it. I hope they can do the same because Altis is dream and it would be a shame to have these hiccups :)

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but while flying around in the MH-9 in Altis I decided to land on a gas station roof, and I got a message in the bottom corner that said "refueling" and my fuel was suddenly full. I'm not using any mods, and no scripts in the mission.