I believe under 64bit Windows if you have installed Steam (and thus Arma) under the Program Files (x86) - which is used for 32bit apps - the Windows will apply the 2GB virtual address space limit automatically, even on 64bit OS. This is mostly done for backwards compatibility. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Not at all, the folder names are for sorting purposes only and have no bearing on the applications. The memory usage is purely application dependant.

So just to confirm - should those of us running 64Bit versions of Windows bother with any of these adjustments? ArmA3 hits 2GB memory usage for me and tops out about there. Derpy question is likely derpy :P

I believe under 64bit Windows if you have installed Steam (and thus Arma) under the Program Files (x86) - which is used for 32bit apps - the Windows will apply the 2GB virtual address space limit automatically, even on 64bit OS. This is mostly done for backwards compatibility. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Steam and Arma 3 are 32 bit apps... but they run under 64 bit OS so have access to more memory... so yes you are wrong.

So just to confirm - should those of us running 64Bit versions of Windows bother with any of these adjustments? ArmA3 hits 2GB memory usage for me and tops out about there. Derpy question is likely derpy :P

No, no need to bother. Since Arma 3 uses LAA it is limited to 4GB on 64bit OS and the internal limits are automatically set high enough to run everything without problems.

Will we see an alternate 64bit exe in the future, I have 32gb (I was going to buy 16gb but there was an offer and I am weak :() of ram and it's a shame to see it largely unused by the game, I could store the whole game in my RAM if it was allowed.

No, no need to bother. Since Arma 3 uses LAA it is limited to 4GB on 64bit OS and the internal limits are automatically set high enough to run everything without problems.

What do you need to support 12k view range on terrain AND objects? more grapic card memory? Because right with 12k distance setting on terrain arma uses 1,7gb ram, if I turn the object view distance to 12k too it hits 2gb and won't go higher and arma sits at 1fps for me

Will we see an alternate 64bit exe in the future, I have 32gb (I was going to buy 16gb but there was an offer and I am weak :() of ram and it's a shame to see it largely unused by the game, I could store the whole game in my RAM if it was allowed.

Google RAMDisk. Not sure it will work with A3

Hello Dazhbog, Is the largest value that -maxmem allows still 2047? Would it be possible to raise this limit or is that not possible?

Edit: as in, could it go up to 4000 and still be within the limits imposed by being LAA?

Yes, the value is still limited to 2047. We would like to make it higher in the future but I'm not able to give you any estimates at the moment :).

Err guys,

Something slightly wrong with the Dam:

When I am going "up" the dam backwards I am actually pressing W to try and get down the dam.

You're not quite meant to go up the dam I think :x

Well there are some steps there lol. :)

Found a weird bug when copying a trigger from another mission on stratis this code

hintsilent format["There are %1 units on this map.", count allUnits]; 

Repro

Place the trigger in altis click preview and it shows the stratis map then loads a blank mission in stratis editor.

Can someone try this :)

If i copy the text only and place in a new trigger its fine. I have lots of templates saved so i just merge into my mission when needed.

Whatever you wizards at BI did, it worked! Altis plays smooth as butter now.

You can open doors remotely with the Darter UAV and the UGV´s and drive/ fly inside the domes. It is fun but I do not think it makes sense without a remotely operated arm on these Rovers. Tested a few hours ago before the update.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12844

Has already been assigned, too :)

I haven't noticed it on Stratis, probably because of the size of the terrain, but when you look at objects from a further distance using binoculars/scope, say 1000m and further, they flicker, as if two different LODs were used.

If that's the case i think the best solution would be to use LOD hysteresis. For example, to switch to higher LOD you would have to be 16m from an object, to switch back to lower LOD- 17m. That way there wouldn't be places where game can't decide what LOD to use.

Are you referring to this issue (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12065 video:

) or do you have another kind of flickering? Does everybody have this problem or is it a driver/hardware problem?

Yes, it's exactly the same flickering. I have i5 and GTX560 ti with whql 314.22 (Any kind of 320 driver crashes my game, and often- system).

The armor system needs a bit of an overhaul. Penetration for the RPG-42 should be on/off and not hitpoint based. :/

Actually, pretty much -all- weapons shouldn't "chip away" at armor. You either get through, or you don't.

Unless your character explicitly receives an "identity" in the mission, your voice and face will always be as they are defined in your player profile.

It's a little more complex than that, unfortunately something like a 'known issue'.

When you select your voice in profile, it picks a 'type'; this should translate to using the correct voice type defined per faction

[table=width: 800, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]

TYPE

[/td]

[td]

BLUFOR

[/td]

[td]

INDEPENDENT

[/td]

[td]

OPFOR

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male01ENG (Marc Cram)

[/td]

[td]

Male01GRE (Zoran Kovatchovich)

[/td]

[td]

Male01PER (Reza Delavar)

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Example: given that I have selected Voice Type 01, when I place myself as an AAF rifleman in the editor, the expected behaviour is that my character uses Male01GRE; actual (current) behaviour: uses the Male01ENG version.

For release, we'll have 9 ENG voices, 4 GRE and 2 PER (this doesn't include the splendid protocol of Male00ENG :cool:). Where a voice doesn't 'exist', it's duplicated; i.e. Voice Type 5 will (effectively) point to Male05ENG and Male01GRE.

We'll add more types as we need them in the months following release.

Also, for those wanting to use 'human' names for their subordinates (default is to use numerical identifiers), there is a new definition in cgfIdentities: nameSound.

class MyLittleSoldier
{
    name = "Givens";
    nameSound = "Givens";
    face = "whiteHead_06";
    glasses = "None";
    speaker = "Male05ENG";
    pitch = 1;
};

Where nameSound should point to one of the names we recorded:

Names

Armstrong

Nichols

Tanny

Frost

Lacey

Larkin

Kerry

Jackson

Miller

McKendrick

Levine

Reynolds

BLUFOR

Adams

Bennett

Campbell

Dixon

Everett

Franklin

Givens

Hawkins

Lopez

Martinez

O'Connor

Ryan

Patterson

Sykes

Taylor

Walker

CODE

Ghost

Stranger

Fox

Snake

Razer

Jester

Nomad

Viper

Korneedler

INDEPENDENT

Anthis

Costa

Dimitirou

Elias

Gekas

Kouris

Leventis

Markos

Nikas

Nicolo

Panas

Petros

Rosi

Samaras

Stavrou

Thanos

Vega

OPFOR

Amin

Masood

Fahim

Habibi

Kushan

Jawadi

Nazari

Siddiqi

Takhtar

Wardak

Yousuf

Obviously, we need to update the community wiki with this information; I'll get my Top Men on it when we find the time.

Best,

RiE

From the changelog:

Added different identities to Showcase characters (for Farsi)

Showcase characters?

Showcase characters?

It means characters in the showcases; specifically: Helicopters, Vehicles.

They now should speak with the legit Farsi protocol.

Best,

RiE

It means characters in the showcases; specifically: Helicopters, Vehicles.

They now should speak with the legit Farsi protocol.

Best,

RiE

Oh, okay, I thought it was a new showcase.

The ones you play as OpFor.

Ninja'd.

RiE, any plans to make it easier to set those identities, maybe within the editor?