Not sure if this is common but I'm getting white / untextured areas before the real textures slowly load in. Also I notice when flying if I quickly look in the opposite direction, all the nice textures have been replaced with squares of blob. They too also revert back to normal textures after a second or two.

Also is it my monitor or does it look really washed out?

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1JHK8dhQR4ceqepGNdyp9Smsk47fh1.jpg

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1VWLn6n4NCBnoUlWRUHNNav6bX86B0.jpg

The map (actual map) textures should be off by default, it creates a big load on the PC when they are active, at least for the first time.

Not sure if this is common but I'm getting white / untextured areas before the real textures slowly load in. Also I notice when flying if I quickly look in the opposite direction, all the nice textures have been replaced with squares of blob. They too also revert back to normal textures after a second or two.

Also is it my monitor or does it look really washed out?

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1JHK8dhQR4ceqepGNdyp9Smsk47fh1.jpg

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1VWLn6n4NCBnoUlWRUHNNav6bX86B0.jpg

Maybe degfragging your disk helps. I gained performance and lost slow loading with defragging, only 10% fragmentated on the disc.

CTRL + clicking seems to be working fine for me, but I have noticed that the Stomper refuses to advance to the next waypoint until I release the turret controls.

Also... I can't pick the Darter up after disassembling it, the backpack just lays on the ground and has no interactions available, neither in the scroll menu or the inventory.

The stubborn little thing seems to land wherever it pleases as well, I'd prefer it to touch down in the exact location of the land waypoint regardless of whatever obstacles might be in the way, lol.

UAVs/UGVs do seem to be a bit quirky at the moment.

In my opinion they are a great idea, but the implementation at this time is way off than optimal. Especially the UAV: the only way to hit something is letting it shoot on his own, and that way it's impossible to make a BDA or choose specific targets to attack.

Yay!

we added TripleBuffering as experimental

we use special RT instead of usual back buffer

so the performance and visual differences shall be neglible

(we don't use plain double buffering, it's similar to DB with page flip but more closer to TB)

any build after 109519 you may try

tripleBuffering=1; //default is 0 , in arma3.cfg

and tell me

if it runs faster or cure sync issues (big screens, special resolutions, multi monitors etc)

Ok. so, i just tried this specifically to test if it fixes the vsync problem. It did not for me. Alt+tabbing out and back in still resolves it though.

I notice no other improvement or change with regards to stutter or performance either (with or without vsync)

went on one of the smaller dry lake beds with vsync already on after applying this change to the arma3.cfg. was stuck at 30fps. tabbed out and back in, and was locked at 60fps.

About the disassemble, run back about 10m then run in from a different direction, I've noticed it is rather finicky in how wide of an angle you can pick it up from.

Odd, I tried again and the hand icon appeared immediately after I had it disassembled and I was able to simply hit space and pick it up right on the spot; the difference being, this time I was using the 1st person view instead of the 3rd person view.

...and on an unrelated note, I was thinking that the UGV/Stomper could really benefit from the ability to assign a traveling speed along with the waypoint, as it is now it just plows ahead at full speed no matter what.

Being able to quickly send it to one waypoint, where it would subsequently receive instructions to slowly cruise to the next waypoint instead of just putting the hammer down could be very useful.

Random bug - Editor on dev build pressing F7 doesn't enter Modules mode. Clicking it does.

I have my OS on an SSD and ARMA III on a separate SSD (Agility 3)

When the bug be fixed were the clouds avoid a skydiving player and players inside an aircraft? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13455 this completely ruins volumetric clouds because you can't actually fly through or fall through them as they magically disappear in a spherical shape around and player traveling through them?

Also the clouds still move when moving the players head: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13467

Edited by ProGamer

About the ammo cook off, I noticed it since last patch (before altis), but only noticed with ammo box. very nice, like firecrackers going off. The only downside is there's no sound to go with it....

About the ammo cook off, I noticed it since last patch (before altis), but only noticed with ammo box. very nice, like firecrackers going off. The only downside is there's no sound to go with it....

The Cook-Off might be a glitch which people took as a new feature people wanted causing BIS to keep it.

Random bug - Editor on dev build pressing F7 doesn't enter Modules mode. Clicking it does.

Track IR default binds?

mine works fine mate

I've started to get some crashes here and there and today when I loaded up a mission I was working on in Altis it took a couple of minutes to load. Just had a major lockup during a preview session, frames were fine and all was well until I stepped inside on a lighthouse at the NE of the island. Had to restart the PC. Verifying the cache now to see if it helps, will also see if I can reproduce the lockup. Seems since Altis arrived I have had some weird bugs here and there such as not being able to pickup the UAV backpack which others have mentioned. Unfortunately I have had problems trying to reproduce them but every now and then they rear their ugly head. Hoping this will be fixed in upcoming patches as a lot of the issues are pretty random.

Odd, I tried again and the hand icon appeared immediately after I had it disassembled and I was able to simply hit space and pick it up right on the spot; the difference being, this time I was using the 1st person view instead of the 3rd person view.

...and on an unrelated note, I was thinking that the UGV/Stomper could really benefit from the ability to assign a traveling speed along with the waypoint, as it is now it just plows ahead at full speed no matter what.

Being able to quickly send it to one waypoint, where it would subsequently receive instructions to slowly cruise to the next waypoint instead of just putting the hammer down could be very useful.

UGVs and UAvs.

Yay!

I haven't noticed it on Stratis, probably because of the size of the terrain, but when you look at objects from a further distance using binoculars/scope, say 1000m and further, they flicker, as if two different LODs were used.

If that's the case i think the best solution would be to use LOD hysteresis. For example, to switch to higher LOD you would have to be 16m from an object, to switch back to lower LOD- 17m. That way there wouldn't be places where game can't decide what LOD to use.

I haven't noticed it on Stratis, probably because of the size of the terrain, but when you look at objects from a further distance using binoculars/scope, say 1000m and further, they flicker, as if two different LODs were used.

If that's the case i think the best solution would be to use LOD hysteresis. For example, to switch to higher LOD you would have to be 16m from an object, to switch back to lower LOD- 17m. That way there wouldn't be places where game can't decide what LOD to use.

LOD switching isn't entirely based on distance though. The overall scene complexity plays a big role; basically the engine takes all visible objects into account and tries to balance visual quality with performance. Distance is only a part of the equation, and according to Suma, fixing the LOD system definitely won't be a trivial task.

The game crashes for me whenever I spawn my unit in one specific place on Altis (and only there). Could somebody else maybe try to reproduce it?

The spot is at the end/beginning of the road on the south-eastern tip on the island (somewhere just after the mountain symbols, you may have to turn the player around until the crash happens)

The antennas and power lines still have the render distance issue (they are foggy until you come really close)!

LOD switching isn't entirely based on distance though. The overall scene complexity plays a big role; basically the engine takes all visible objects into account and tries to balance visual quality with performance. Distance is only a part of the equation, and according to Suma, fixing the LOD system definitely won't be a trivial task.

Can hard drive performance or space impact LOD?

396MB update just wrapped up - anyone else?

YAY, I can run Atlis now! Had the 1fps problem. Now its time to explore.

Windows 7 32bit.

So exciting getting an update, but I would love to know what it is first lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

YAY, I can run Atlis now! Had the 1fps problem. Now its time to explore.

Windows 7 32bit.

did this update sort your frame rate AstroMan?

Changelog should be up soon, i'm too excited hearing that AstroMan had performance issues and now its working fine, i've had some stutter, i believe its related to texture loads but who knows if they made the performance even better for those that didn't had 1fps issues?