Having serious issues on Altis. (Stratis works great)

For the first minute or two everything runs normally. CPU usage ~50%, GPU ~60%. Available RAM on both. Steady 60FPS. -noLogs on. Component temperatures ok.

Then in a few seconds it grinds to a halt. CPU usage stays almost the same, while GPU and FPS drop to near zero.

Doesn't recover with any action consistently. Alt+Tab worked once, messing with settings once, flush-command worked once.

Every other game and stress test runs without problems.

The issue seems to appear when the game is loading something heavily; flew over simple and open terrain: 60fps. Flew over a city: 1,3fps. Drove around a city ok but then crashed into a building -> 2fps.

So I'm trying to just get a look at Altis in the editor. I've placed myself and a single helicopter, yet the map refuses to load. It gives me lots and lots of wonderful tips and facts about the island of Altis, but the load-bar just hangs at approx. 50%.

For some reason after changing settings I can't change my textures back to ultra anymore :(

Is that a new bug or am I missing something? I have plenty of RAM free :D

Feels like a leak or something here. First minutes on Altis are fine with drops\freezes while zooming or using the map with textures enabled (serious loads here) but over the time it become almost like a slideshow, can't even play on foot on empty parts of Altis. Many pop-up erros on the editor for buildings, the Hunter and MH-9 (didn't test much else).

NoLogs, E8400, 4Gb Ram, HD4830.

Best Object Ever: Tactical Bacon

I call that authentic :D

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Altis thread, but I suppose it belongs here: At least one of the houses has weird lighting issues:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884117328047862148/F02173CE0B0AD2076FE8097A75E4DEE8B07C349E/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884117328047861135/C0CBBE4782E41D779591EC14EC411093A3EAEE1D/

Second screenshot is a closeup with coordinates displayed in the GPS

I create a mission SP on Altis, there is no choice(islands) in |Scenarios| between missions on Altis or Stratis, they are all in the same menu, this is annoying

I don't know what to say about tonight. Altis is ... our nemesis. This is and will be unplayable. I don't get this engine.

I have what, I believe, most people would say is a good to very Fing good system. Please correct me If I am wrong. I have not even been able to play Altis. I am getting about 10 FPM....... Yes, that is FPM = Frames per MINUTE. Yah yah yah, dev branch and what not I get it but still, considering there are 16 days till launch.....that's ridiculous! And of course, this is AFTER about 5 solid minutes of waiting for it to load.

FPM...... smh

My Specs:

i7 2700k Stock overclock 3.9mghz

GTX 680

16 GB RAM

Windows 8

Intel 80GB SSD (which arma is on)

Edited by CombatComm1

I posted this in the Altis discussion, but worth noting here that my old PC running Vista 32bit has 0fps as well.

I have what, I believe, most people would say is a good to very Fing good system. Please correct me If I am wrong. I have not even been able to play Altis. I am getting about 10 FPM....... Yes, that is FPM = Frames per MINUTE. Yah yah yah, dev branch and what not I get it but still, considering there are 16 days till launch.....that's ridiculous! And of course, this is AFTER about 5 solid minutes of waiting for it to load.

FPM...... smh

My Specs:

i7 2700k Stock overclock 3.9mghz

GTX 680

16 GB RAM

Windows 8

Intel 80GB SSD (which arma is on)

Curious, I'm getting pretty good frame rates and the only thing I have better than you would be the hard drive, 460 free of 917. And there is an OS difference in windows 8 vs 7. Wonder if it's XP vs ME all over again but that still quite a jump.

I'm getting the debug console in multiplayer. Is this an issue with the mission perhaps or did the console during MP bug show back up?

It was the mission.

Edited by kylania

My performance on Altis isn't so bad until I attempt to fly low and fast in the general vicinity of the main airport... it absolutely murders my frame rate!

I'm talking 10 frames per second until I slow down to less than 100 km/h, then it bounces back to the usual 30-40fps.

I don't exactly have a monstrous beast of a gaming PC though.

Altis will keep me busy for a while, I don't even think I have enough years left in my life to witness all it has to offer :omg:

Edited by Koukotsu

strange error in rpt file

c:\w\c_branch\poseidon\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Curious, I'm getting pretty good frame rates and the only thing I have better than you would be the hard drive, 460 free of 917. And there is an OS difference in windows 8 vs 7. Wonder if it's XP vs ME all over again but that still quite a jump.

Video settings? I have everything maxed Ultra at 150% resolution, AA on, (Yes I am a graphics whore) Vsync off. After turning my VD down to 8000 and 2000 object VD as someone else suggested I am back to a stable 30 FPS. I know I know I am a greedy bastard and all but geeze, why offer us 12000 VD if good hardware cant even handle it. Anyway 8000 is perfect for this map anyway as the flat plains don't seem to extend much past that before the horizon hits a hill.

Now fix all these errors and bad scripts BIS, my DAC missions are broke! :)

Video settings? I have everything maxed Ultra at 150% resolution, AA on, (Yes I am a graphics whore) Vsync off. After turning my VD down to 8000 and 2000 object VD as someone else suggested I am back to a stable 30 FPS. I know I know I am a greedy bastard and all but geeze, why offer us 12000 VD if good hardware cant even handle it. Anyway 8000 is perfect for this map anyway as the flat plains don't seem to extend much past that before the horizon hits a hill.

Now fix all these errors and bad scripts BIS, my DAC missions are broke! :)

Why because having possible higher view distances is good for future hardware just like what OFP had, it will also be usable on less populated addon islands.

Ya know, after 3 hours of running a chkdsk /r, I have determined my hard drive is in perfect working condition with no errors or bad sectors. Arma 3 crashed while loading into a black screen, and after ending the process which was doing nothing, I ran the verify integrity of cache in Steam and instantly got hit with 331 invalid files. Unfortunately I could not reacquire the files to fix it, and ended up deleting it. But before deleting it and performing the full chkdsk, I was getting strange glitches with my drive that had Arma 3 installed. Now everything's back to normal and I reinstalled Arma 3 Beta to the same location I had it before, but I am hesitant to try playing it again after what happened before. I did get in once before the weird startup crash and I noticed flying around Altis was causing some SERIOUS hard drive thrashing and frame dips while moving around fast say in an MH-9.

Debating not playing at all until the game goes Gold so I can just transfer it to my SSD and not have to worry about the delta patching nuking my daily storage usage :/

I have Arma 3 installed on an SSD and I get CTD's every now and then. (Though infrequently). It only happens when I'm jetting around large stretches of Altis and loading a shitload of content all at once.

Some parts of Altis I get 120+ fps and some I get as low as 10. Quite strange.

Grid ref for the underwater ruins?

Find Stonehenge and then search in the water nearby to the North East.

They are actually marked on the map if you zoom in close enough as well, will PM you a grid when I am home from work later today. Dont want to spoiler some folk.

will this have been the last update for dev branch until the final release??

will this have been the last update for dev branch until the final release??

Don't think so, dev builds come every day.

And can we please move the "Altis is awesome" posts to the appropriate thread ? The last 4 pages had only marginal relation to the dev build.

Sometimes when resuming SP missions from steam workshop, inventory gets missing and bugged. Made a ticket of the issue (with savegame included after bug appearing):

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13396

ps. Altis have been ultra awesome. ;)

Moved a buttload of "yay Altis" and similar posts to the Altis thread. Altis-related bug reports can still be made here, of course.