It downloads now the update! :D

Really? Mine doesn't.. Must restart Steam :D

EDIT: Yes! 920Kb/s, 2.1GB :)

Please no more "downloading now" posts beyond this point please. The world doesn't need a running commentary of your download progress.

Very cool looking civilian cars and trucks. I hope we can beta test those soon too. ;)

Edit: Sorry for offtopic.

Great, finally the sound of the thunder but imo it should be louder. Much much louder and the crank noise when the lightning strikes close seems to stop too soon.

Does anyone have a recording of a round on Chivalry's forest level? The thunder in that is amazing, just like close lightning strikes!

There are new objects like Hbarrier watchtower. There is a bunker tower like we are familiar with but it's missing the bottom h barriers. So for those who were asking, yes some new objects. Don't know how many.

Actually they don't seem useable or finished yet.

Color seems a little more realistic, colors aren't so strong like stratis.

Edited by Victim9l3

Update of the day of the Dev Branch Version :

To comment the design of Altis : use this thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161960-Altis-Info-amp-Discussion

To comment the AI of Dev Branch version : use this thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159710-Development-Branch-AI-Discussion

:icon_dj:

26-08-2013

EXE rev. 09501

Size: ~2.1 GB

• Added: 270 square kilometers of hot sun-baked Mediterranean Altis terrain

• Added: Supporting assets such as static objects (some of which usable in editor)

• AI rotation behaviour refined

• AI accuracy calculations refined

• Fixed: Helicopter engine sound played after damage

• Fixed: Editor insert unit pictures, colors settings do not require restart anymore to take effect

• Changed thrust and brake for tracked vehicle damaged tracks

• Sound: Default volume now 100%

• UI sounds volume driven by radio slider (instead of music previously)

• Updated static table for network strings (MP optimization)

More content about AI under :

Recently, the guys dedicated some effort towards addressing AI behaviour performance in (chiefly) 'CQB' situations. These changes should now all be merged into today's development branch.

Dr Hladik has already released some fixes that enable the AI to stop and engage threats when they discover them while en route to cover. That fix goes hand-in-hand with the rotation speed of AI, which - in the previous state - felt rather awkward and slow.

Rather than simply increase the speed at which AI turn and engage, we've attempted a slightly more subtle fix, pegging rotation speed to various factors and tying accuracy to rotation speed:

• AI rotation speed increased
  • AI rotation speed dependent on encumbrance (more encumbered, slower rotation)
  • AI rotation speed dependent on stance (prone rotation ~3x slower than standing)
  • AI rotation speed dependent on speed of movement (AI that has been moving fast will turn slower than those that are static)
  • AI accuracy influence by rotation (faster rotation, less precision)
  • AI accuracy influenced by shooting (more shooting, less precision)
  • AI accuracy influenced by movement (more movement, less precision)
  • AI accuracy influenced more logically in proportion to skill

As we've said before, the changes we're able to implement now are considered to be modest refinements rather than entire overhauls, but we hope if offers a bit more depth/authenticity to close engagements (not that I'm taking away anything from Klamacz's late nights of code-diving!) :)

My first impression (using the repro mission created before any of the CQB fixes) was that it was really a fun challenge from one point of view, and totally brutal from another. The initial state of the repro (which should be still reproducible in the default branch) was that the enemies weren't able to engage me when I was revealed and sometimes struggled to move around the corner effectively. Now (in dev branch state) the AI will sometimes actually get a couple of shots off in the initial phase and be far more effective when coming around the corner.

Compared to the previous state, it might seem the AI is 'overpowered'; however, when I compare it to experiences in other shooters, it seems like 'correct' behaviour (ok, maybe on a 'hard' difficulty): reactive and deadly at short range! :cool:

With this in mind, we've got a proposal for an overhauled AI difficulty settings for the game options, which we'll share when we can. For now, let us know what you think (ideally using my repro to begin with).

Best,

RiE

Bonus from Gamescom version (not in this update):

Awesome civilian vehicules :) and more

http://i.imgur.com/QKa6DHMh.jpg (234 kB)

:yay:

Found a bug in the just released beta patch.

When clicking credits from the main menu the following error occurs:

Error in expression <4]) then {
{
_allowRecompile = (_x call bis_fnc_functionMeta) select 5;

_xCode >
 Error position: <bis_fnc_functionMeta) select 5;

_xCode >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_functionmeta
File A3\functions_f\initFunctions.sqf, line 474

They better give us a 3D editor. It is a must on Altis. There are so many more options for missions that placement will be needed. Or find a way for their current 3D editor to work with the regular editor. The only 3D to 2D converter can only convert empty objects. Not playable units.

I am having major issue here when saving a mission and clicking preview it loads up a blank stratis map.... Only way i can play the mission is to go to play I cant use preview in the editor..

EDIT

hmmmm now it seems ok its working again ... v strange lol

Edited by DaSkunk

a3\structures_f\mil\fortification\hbarrier_big_f.p3d: house, config class missing

2.4 million of these ,cant play it unortunately due to my lack o memory ,look forward to future Hotix when dust settles.

Tends to freeze a lot when putting 12k object view distance ;) (HD7870 and I5 @ 4.1 with 8GB RAM)

So I suppose this is causing numerous CTDs:

DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

CreateTexture failed : w = 128, h = 128, format = BC1_UNORM, err = E_OUTOFMEMORY.

Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

Virtual memory free 2033 MB (2131836928 B)

Physical memory free 847 MB (888733696 B)

Page file free 12 MB (12603392 B)

Process working set 1512 MB (1586159616 B)

Process page file used 1531 MB (1606074368 B)

Longest free VM region: 2025119744 B

VM busy 2180358144 B (reserved 350556160 B, committed 1829801984 B, mapped 152481792 B), free 2114478080 B

Small mapped regions: 20, size 98304 B

VID: dedicated: 1560739840, shared 1878253568, system: 0, max: 1248591872, used: 370286592

ErrorMessage: DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

Any solution? I remember there was a parameter to use another memory allocation system...

edit: wait, I think it's a problem of my Windows page file....

edit 2: yeah, that fixed it. I don't know why I had it so small. Still, first game that gave me a problem with it!

Edited by Turin Turambar

Getting a number of error/warning messages in Altis that look like (from the RPT):

Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicleIcons.\A3\boat_f_beta\SDV_01\data\ui\map_SDV_ca.paa'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicleIcons.\A3\boat_f_beta\SDV_01\data\ui\map_SDV_ca.paa'.

Anyone else? No addons used.

Altis runs at 0.5-1 fps for me, doesn't even load textures and near-LODs instantly. Takes about 20 seconds until ground stops being white.

And yet it's a desert.

For now, using as a parameter -noLogs in the startup may help some people experiencing issues like those mentioned above.

Best,

RiE

Could somebody please explain what •Added: Supporting assets such as static objects (some of which usable in editor) means?

Altis runs at 0.5-1 fps for me, doesn't even load textures and near-LODs instantly. Takes about 20 seconds until ground stops being white.

And yet it's a desert.

altis runs great for me at 3600 m viewdistense, most on high and very high. musst be your system. and its not desert, its mediterrain. its greek if you remember ;)

Edited by themaster303

Could somebody please explain what •Added: Supporting assets such as static objects (some of which usable in editor) means?

I believe it's referring to the many objects. camo nets, a lot of small objects, some h barriers that are meant to stand on and h barrier tower (tower not finished and h barriers have extremely poor textures), many wrecks, camping stuff, etc.. no static weapons.

Hi there Mister Bohemia Interactive!

For now, using as a parameter -noLogs in the startup may help some people experiencing issues like those mentioned above.

I still get 1-2 fps with -noLogs. Stratis runs fine.

-noLogs -nosplash -mod=@RH

***Screenshot***

Regards Culti

Edited by Cultivator

I've got about 10 FPS less than on Stratis but 50 is still good enough to play, just need to turn the view distance to 2,5km :/

I get and error the first time I create an empty unit on a new loaded map in the editor, every time a different one but always something with No Entry "config/.../*.paa"

@GranolaBar

Those screenshots are great! yesterday I discussed with a friend what kind of vehicles and weapons the independent will get and I said: I bet an offroad with a mg on the back! :D

Edited by Bobylein