Rain works well, looks fine to me, great stuff again adding to the environments and immersion.

Thanks for the response RoyaltyinExile. I hear rain is back in the new dev build so I will try it out later when i get the time.

Its definitely better to have at least some rain effect than nothing at all. The sound effect is nice. As downside I noticed that the ground have no raindrop impact effects.

The orange! IT HURTS!!!!!!

Seriously, BI, too much orange.

If you mean the MENU orange colour - you can change that in options>game

This new color... is awful.

The rain is back, same as the old one. Then why did you remove that in the first place? Let me guess, "It is under development but it's not a priority".

Anyone checked the performance drop of the rain? In A2 it was pretty heavy. Another thing which is IMO more important than a lot of other things. :/

Nice to see the rain back. It took almost 6 months of work on it and it shows. Good thing raindrop splashes on the ground present in ArmA2 were cut out - otherwise wouldn't be true to ArmA3 design.

7am, 100% rain, 100% overcast, 25% fog

looks amazing

Most of the buildings are leaking and some which you would expect to leak because they have holes in the roof are not leaking.

About the rain...

At night I set the rain to 100% and in game it is obviously raining heavily. However, when you enable your NVGs the rain looks really "faint", if you know what I mean? I would have thought the rain would be more noticeable with NVGs on.

Actually at first I thought the rain had disappeared until I looked closely.

At night I set the rain to 100% and in game it is obviously raining heavily. However, when you enable your NVGs the rain looks really "faint", if you know what I mean? I would have thought the rain would be more noticeable with NVGs on.

Wasn't that the same on Arma 2 ?

The rain is back, same as the old one. Then why did you remove that in the first place? Let me guess, "It is under development but it's not a priority".

There are certainly some strange attitudes to be found in the dev branch discussion. :)

I added some further details back here:

There has been some small improvements to near and distant rain textures and new sounds. Overall, they're fairly modest, as our guys didn't have much scope for bigger improvements without more significant underlying changes, which we wouldn't want to risk at this stage, but it's now in a better state for Launch.

Best,

RiE

Rain sounds really nice, It's raining where I live and comparing the game sounds to the rain outside pleases me, splashes on the ground need to be added tho!

Nice to see the rain back. It took almost 6 months of work on it and it shows. Good thing raindrop splashes on the ground present in ArmA2 were cut out - otherwise wouldn't be true to ArmA3 design.

Rain gets removed and worked on, you start crying, rain gets put back and you start crying, what's with you? :confused:

Rain gets removed and worked on, you start crying, rain gets put back and you start crying, what's with you? :confused:

Maybe because rain is a core feature or should be. It should be implemented from the beginning like clouds/wind/waves and so on. He has all rights to complain about a not working/not properly working rain.

Maybe because rain is a core feature or should be. It should be implemented from the beginning like clouds/wind/waves and so on. He has all rights to complain about a not working/not properly working rain.

if the community got everything it wanted, everything would be a "core feature" and therefore nothing would be

It's called disappointment. Rain was gone for so many month only to come back without the water splashes. I don't know why the rain was removed for so long, and why it came back with the splashes removed (maybe the splashes were the problem), but it's disappointing to see that with all the visual perfection Arma 3 offers (just look at the new fog, clouds and all) the rain is still the old one. Check Videos of Stalker with Atomsfear mod, and you see how rain should look these days.

Note: This is not intended as a jab at BIS, it's simply a reasoning for the disappointment. I'm sure BIS would have loved to add better rain.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

if the community got everything it wanted, everything would be a "core feature" and therefore nothing would be

Uhm... hold on a second, we're talking about RAIN here, which has been in since OFP (and incidentally still looks quite similar to OFP)

Edit: Geez, I wonder why my post was reported ? Can anybody explain to me please what I said that was report-worthy ?

Edited by Varanon

I've tried to addWeapon a few weapons, and it seems that just the weapons of "NATO" (who now has the US flag patches) don't work, as I could add Katiba and ACP-whatever pistol.

Maybe they just changed the classnames or something, and addWeapon itself isn't broken?

It was just put back before the beginning, D-21 and all that.

Constructive criticism is important and needed but I don't know how that is constructive :(

It's called disappointment. Rain was gone for so many month only to come back without the water splashes. I don't know why the rain was removed for so long, and why it came back with the splashes removed (maybe the splashes were the problem), but it's disappointing to see that with all the visual perfection Arma 3 offers (just look at the new fog, clouds and all) the rain is still the old one. Check Videos of Stalker with Atomsfear mod, and you see how rain should look these days.

Note: This is not intended as a jab at BIS, it's simply a reasoning for the disappointment. I'm sure BIS would have loved to add better rain.

Sure, the rain could, even should be better than it is now, it's just the passive aggressive hostility that I can't understand, what the hell is that good for?

Edited by CaptainObvious
added quote

Yeah, because complaining/giving negative feedback equals crying. What's with you? :confused:

The new rain sounds awesome, much better then the arma2 sound (which was very annoying). This rain sound is the one that you could sleep too :) But the lack of raindrop splashes is a stepback, I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming updates.

But you are wrong. I'm quite happy the rain didn't disappear completely into BIS favorite dusty "we will do it post-release" box of promised features that will never happen.

After all the rain has been "worked on" for nearly 6 months and the results of a hard 6 months long work are amazing.

About the rain...

I would have thought the rain would be more noticeable with NVGs on.

Cant agree more.

More noticeable and kinda "disturbing"

That doesn't make any sense. At least not for rain. Rain IS A CORE FEATURE. It's part of the weather system and the environment. More core than this is hardly possible.