That is false. (...)

ACE's armor system has flaws. BI's just doesn't work for anything (...)

You really want to tell an ACE core and BI A3 developer (zGuba is both) how all those things are working? Do you? :j:

Shouldn't the quadrocopter's turning speed be
?! At the moment it is turning unnaturally slow.

100% agree. They are flying like full sized helicopters. IRL they handle very differently to helicopters.

Yes I quickly learned that it's not a good idea to engage the panther while standing still and that kind of makes it hard to hit the turret. Which I think is just great and a good dynamic. Was just wondering if the ineffectiveness of 30mm sabot was intended, and after reading a bit about the Namer I realized it probably was. :) But still, I've been having some trouble penetrating the armor from the rear.. guess I'll have to try harder :)

So the Panther/Namer is finally acting like the real life versions Armor? The real life version is said to be too heavily armored because they used the weight that would have been the tank gun and tank shells and put extra armor instead. Finally we are getting more realistic armor for the Namer!

Also on a side note has the mine resistance been increased yet for the Namer/Panther? The real life version has good mine resistance. Also it's a bit too small right now compared to real life: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11600

I hope the quad Darter uav get more yaw sensitivity. I find it pretty impossible to fly in 1st person because I can't turn it a low speeds - I have to switch to 3rd person, move the camera with alt, and fly sideways if I want to change direction.

Edited by Zorg_DK

im not sure where to post this.. but as im on the dev branch ill post here.

when joining games through steam friends. it will not connect specially to LAN games.

and then goes crazy and keeps trying to join then failing. anyone else get this?

has something changed to the RPG ammo on DEV branch?

or is it yet another 'ninja classnamechange' ?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.RPG32_AA_F'.
Error: creating magazine RPG32_AA_F with scope=private

Not really on topic but since we are talking about apcs here - any chance we can get multiple positions for the commanders which we can toggle trough? For example:

1. Optics

2. Looking trough the vision block with a closed hatch. (see pic)

3. Ducked, with a half closed hatch (the position we have right now on the Namer APC)

4. Fully opened hatch, commander fully turned out (old commander position before the last patch)

Edited by Raspu86

RPG-42 hasn't had AA ammo in ages. It was replaced when the Long Titan arrived with its AA round.

Update of the day :

20-08-2013

EXE rev. 09243

Size: ~15 MB

• Altis Map; (joke)

• CSAT commanders have been trained to equip Goats with parachute.
    (...)

• (True patch below)

• Darter should be able to fly through windows without glass

• Disassembling an empty darter and assembling it again shouldn't create an autonomous entity inside

• Fixed: Right clicking magazine forces a reload animation

• Fixed: Right clicking on a loaded magazine would move magazine from an owner’s weapon to the ground

• New parameter for logging Steam messages to RPT (
    )

Edited by GranolaBar

aww a baby update today 15mb

Probably just the executable and configs.

With the data lock now apparently in effect, I expect most updates until release will be this small. (Except when they deploy content like Altis to the dev branch.)

Update of the day :

No offence, but why replicate the changelog here ? People interested in the changelog will surely have subscribed the appropriate thread. And even if not, a simply link would be sufficient.

has something changed to the RPG ammo on DEV branch?

or is it yet another 'ninja classnamechange' ?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.RPG32_AA_F'.
Error: creating magazine RPG32_AA_F with scope=private

It has been changed to RPG32_HE_F and I have missed the change :icon_evil: The displayed info for it is going to be adjusted later.

Is the titan AP round supposed to be anti-personnel? because it has pretty much no effect on armored vehicles even though it says armor piercing in its description.

Is the titan AP round supposed to be anti-personnel? because it has pretty much no effect on armored vehicles even though it says armor piercing in its description.

No?

If you're using it against the Panther then that's pretty heavily armoured. Try a couple of rounds at a kamysh or something.

tried two consecutive rounds at the btr-k, one frontal and one side shot at a 90 degree angle. no damage from either hit, it wont even try to lockon to vehicles.

Edited by Odie0351

BI, would it be possible to disable ability to alt-tab to desktop when the game is running? I often go to desktop when I fly a heli, use alt to freelook, and press tap to lock enemies. It would be nice if alt-tab to desktop was only possible when you're in the in-game menu after pressing escape.

Good news. I will really try to love Altis. But it will be hard for Altis to compete against Chernarus.

Personally I have a feeling Altis will be my new favourite (actually Takistan was previously but that's probably just because I'm a BAF nut :D)

(actually Takistan was previously but that's probably just because I'm a BAF nut :D)

well at least there will be British speaker voices in this too :P then just download some UK addons and bam...