Just noticed there is zero sound for vehicle impact with human :/

Yea! There are sounds even for your uniform on you body!

I just saw a DLC tab in Steam for Arma 3. Tell me it isn't so... :hang:

This series has had Expansions now known as DLC since the original OFP.

This series has had Expansions now known as DLC since the original OFP.

I think they are just adding that section for down the road in the future when they have lots of new content.

And it just makes sense to have that section, when even free-to-acquire additional content is nowadays considered DLC.

Didn't the devs say we were getting Altis via the dev branch during Gamescom?

They said maybe. But isn't Gamescom next week? :D it's only a few more days anyway.

I would expect it to hit shortly though.

My only issue is...they mentioned it as a maybe but their last official correspondence re the Beta was:

Workshop Package!

Before our official launch on September 12, we released the final update for the Arma 3 Beta! Besides a long list of improvements and fixes, the highlight of this update is the integration of Steam Workshop - which makes the sharing of user-created scenarios significantly more convenient. Oh, we also released 9 brand new screenshots: http://j.mp/arma3-gamescom-screenshots. See you at Gamescom!

Note the word 'final update'. Ahh well, its 3 weeks or so away. I'm just totally bored with Stratis.

My only issue is...they mentioned it as a maybe but their last official correspondence re the Beta was:

Workshop Package!

Before our official launch on September 12, we released the final update for the Arma 3 Beta! Besides a long list of improvements and fixes, the highlight of this update is the integration of Steam Workshop - which makes the sharing of user-created scenarios significantly more convenient. Oh, we also released 9 brand new screenshots: http://j.mp/arma3-gamescom-screenshots. See you at Gamescom!

Note the word 'final update'. Ahh well, its 3 weeks or so away. I'm just totally bored with Stratis.

Note the part where this has nothing to do with the dev build.

Also note that it is listed as the final public patch. The Dev build will still be receiving updates from here until release - as well as post release. Whether at the same pace, that's another matter. The Devs have mentioned a more irregular update schedule with less sweeping changes, given the game is moving into those final crunch weeks before release.

Also, in regards to Altis, I posted on that earlier in the thread with specifics. Might still be handy

Was fooling around with the Darter and a refuel trigger, didn't go overboard with testing but I think refueling at 85 meters above the trigger is a little unrealistic. Triggers need a Z-axis or height limit of some description to prevent easy fly overs to quickly rearm, refuel and repair.

so we could receive altis this week or next :) I think :D exited isn't the word

Was fooling around with the Darter and a refuel trigger, didn't go overboard with testing but I think refueling at 85 meters above the trigger is a little unrealistic. Triggers need a Z-axis or height limit of some description to prevent easy fly overs to quickly rearm, refuel and repair.

You could easily do that by adding a condition in that will make the trigger only fire if the vehicle is below a certain height.

when is this DATA LOCK taking place? now or towards gamescom?

You could easily do that by adding a condition in that will make the trigger only fire if the vehicle is below a certain height.

Or have it shut down engines while refuelling, just for the lulz.

Anyone else just get a 114MB patch?

Sure did. Wonder what's in it..

when is this DATA LOCK taking place? now or towards gamescom?

It's in place since the 14th, 24:00

Showcase Vehicles and Showcase Helicopters are now in CSAT language

Can anyone test this? I'm unable to check for myself and very curious.

Yup, the voice overs have been changed! The actors are really good as well :)

Though what language is that exactly? From the helicopter showcase, the first radio segment sounded rather asian than south-asian.

Steam Workshop is made for ArmA. :inlove: So damn easy to get new missions to play now.

Yeah, as long as they don't require any mods :rolleyes:

so we could receive altis this week or next :) I think :D exited isn't the word

You are very correct. "Exited is not the word", but "excited" is the word. :) sorry I just couldn't pass that one up.