the laser designator/simrad not working anymore in beta dev?

today i tried to bring it from crate but isn't in list in the select weapons/stuff menù

^ this is why we need all the features in dev branch before release... lol still issues with UAV's

i.e.

waypoints

PIP flicker

^ this is why we need all the features in dev branch before release... lol still issues with UAV's

i.e.

waypoints

PIP flicker

PIP flicker?

I didnt want to open another thread, so I just wanted to know if something can be done about this:

http://abload.de/image.php?img=zzzooooluuh2.jpg

Not only the shadowdraw distance is limited, but Units are literally "highlighted" in contrast to the environment (I read somewhere they are treaded differently lightningwise).

If you are on a place the sun shines units look much brighter and the ground much darker from far, then from close, so the contrast between both is extreme at mid- to highrange.

BTW: Could an developer say something about plans about the midrange?

I use Bensons textures (now sharp 2, but sharp 1 is good also, strong trough scope is sadly often still to blurry).

And really it profits hugely from it and make distant fights/spotting suck less much then regular

(Still the highlightning, environmenflatness, missing clutter, grass and shadows make stealth nearly impossible besides "diving" through the grasslayer).

I cant play the multiplayer without it anymore, where the consequences of being easy to spot are much higher and make it utterly frustrating, cause the missing eninge-capabilitys.

That is something people usually dont except by a game that costs 40-50 Euros and is in competition with quality products, granted products with much less ambition.

I am getting wierd issues with the latest DEV-version. Sometimes all AI units/vehicles stops to shoot anyone. I have UGV next to enemy soldiers, MRAP next to my team-mates and no-one is shooting (while FPS is good and there is no error messages). Also sometimes you cant open crates and few times (while testing mission in editor), when I tried to reload weapon the weapon - info box stucked to red, I could no longer shoot, pick up new weapon or drop the current one. Only to change to pistol which isnt also working. :S

Edit: There was only one enemy soldier of around 20 finally reacting by shooting. All other seemed to went to combat mode when spotting me or UGV, but only moving to cover.

Edited by SaOk

I am getting wierd issues with the latest DEV-version...

Last edited by SaOk; Today at 14:46.

Yeah me too. I played "whole lot of stratis" (user-mission). After screwing with UAV people stopped to shoot, I couldnt command people in the APC anymore at one point, at the other I could but every command was repeated by some mysterious commander (Yellow coloured name) and if I send them in a vehicle they only got in as passengers.

The UAV terminal seem to cause problems, after all I was trying to be in an APC as passenger, command it and use the UAV Terminal to control a stomper for maximal carnage. :)

Edit: I dont know if this issues are connected with the custom mission.

Edit 2: In this mission I ordered 5 (!) chopper-transports, all (!) decided to land next to an tree or building, just so close that their rotors broke, even there was a big flat area 20m away, where I ordered them, other times they tried to land on steap area and glided from side to side so the AI couldnt get in.

Usually if the a helicopter lands its nearly impossible to wait that a full squad (often they just refuse or running circles around trees and buidlings gets in, sometimes I get in and he just flies away other times I wait till my squad is in and it flys away.

The SP often is no fun cause the AI, the MP suffers generally cause the missing concealment (if players are experienced). Besides its time consuming its quite hard for me to get any joy out of the game. Even I just dont think about the ratio of fun and time I have with other games.

Edited by wiresnsnakes

So the Darter and Greyhawk UAV's are annoying me. The Darter will stay powered up after recovery and will launch itself once reassembled and will go directly to autonomous mode. This means if you use it for recon and then recover and move on then attempt to do another recon it will automatically try to follow old way points sometimes heading off in the wrong direction. With the fuel load being very limited this can be a real waste and also could get itself into trouble being shot down, etc.

So my suggestion is that once you manually land the Darter or Greyhawk, shut off the engine and then release it from the AV terminal it should act as a kill switch and a reset of any old way points that were set. This way when you redeploy the Darter it will be switched off and waiting for user input. The Greyhawk after release won't try and take off on you either. Not sure if there should be a kill switch action or through the actions I just ran through that are already in the game?

The wheeled UV's would need to have a separate kill switch function as they would need to be autonomous with the engine off and released from the terminal.

Anyway I made a FB tracker as a requested feature: http://feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Wiresnsnakes, getting the issues in the same mission (I am the creator). To add there is no scripts running that would make AI to hold fire. Scripts are only giving waypoints/domove's. The chopper transport use BIS support module.

Disable SLI.

but by now i thought arma 3 would be able to be SLI compatable??***

seriously...whats going on these days.

ok how do i disable SLI?

also i only have X1 GTX690

Edited by tyl3r99

Yeah me too. I played "whole lot of stratis" (user-mission). After screwing with UAV people stopped to shoot, I couldnt command people in the APC anymore at one point, at the other I could but every command was repeated by some mysterious commander (Yellow coloured name) and if I send them in a vehicle they only got in as passengers.

The UAV terminal seem to cause problems, after all I was trying to be in an APC as passenger, command it and use the UAV Terminal to control a stomper for maximal carnage. :)

Edit: I dont know if this issues are connected with the custom mission.

Edit 2: In this mission I ordered 5 (!) chopper-transports, all (!) decided to land next to an tree or building, just so close that their rotors broke, even there was a big flat area 20m away, where I ordered them, other times they tried to land on steap area and glided from side to side so the AI couldnt get in.

Usually if the a helicopter lands its nearly impossible to wait that a full squad (often they just refuse or running circles around trees and buidlings gets in, sometimes I get in and he just flies away other times I wait till my squad is in and it flys away.

The SP often is no fun cause the AI, the MP suffers generally cause the missing concealment (if players are experienced). Besides its time consuming its quite hard for me to get any joy out of the game. Even I just dont think about the ratio of fun and time I have with other games.

Sounds like you left the UAVs laser designator on and the AI is stopping to observe the laser target as a threat.

maybe is a UAV quadrotor bug

when i switch to turret control on quadrotor I don't have a laser designator,

to enable it, i switch to fly control, enable manual fire and then i return on turret control and magically appears

btw the personal laser designator / simrad doesn't work anynore in dev build?

Edited by Zukov

maybe is a UAV quadrotor bug

when i switch to turret control on quadrotor I don't have a laser designator,

to enable it, i switch to fly control, enable manual fire and then i return on turret control and magically appears

No, that's not a bug. You have to "man" the "turret" to use the laser. Try F. Manual Fire is basically letting the pilot/driver/commander use weapons the gunner should have but if they aren't in the seat it's good for one-man'ing around the map.

Edited by Comp_uter15776

Currently this code doesn't seem to work for me anymore?

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player removeWeapon "NVGoggles"; player unassignItem "NVGoggles"} else {player addWeapon "NVGoggles";player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

It removes NVGoggles ok but it wont add them anymore. This code was working fine for me before the last Dev Build update.

Once I removed my NVGoggles I could still use night vision as well but the goggles don't show on my characters head.

Do you think it is an update bug ?

but by now i thought arma 3 would be able to be SLI compatable??***

seriously...whats going on these days.

Yeah, I thought the bugs with SLI have been fixed.

ok how do i disable SLI?

I have no idea. Google it.

also i only have X1 GTX690

The GTX 690 is basically two GTX 680s merged together. I thought people researched before buying graphics cards.

Using a single graphics card with one PCB, no matter how many GPU's it has, is no SLI. There is nothing to disable. :wink_o:

Currently this code doesn't seem to work for me anymore?

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles"; } else {player add[color="#FF0000"]Item[/color] "NVGoggles";player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

Do you think it is an update bug ?

NVGoggles are items, use addItem not addWeapon. Also remove the item first THEN unassign it. Otherwise what was happening was you were taking them off with the wrong command then unassigning the item so the player was ending up with a pair in it's inventory.

Also note that depending on side it'll be NVGoggles, NVGoggles_OPFOR or NVGoggles_INDEP now.

Using a single graphics card with one PCB, no matter how many GPU's it has, is no SLI. There is nothing to disable. :wink_o:

though some games have issues with multi core GPU's, such as crisis 2 on launch and the AMD monster (the 5990/6990, i can't remeber the model) due to it not liking the multi part

though some games have issues with multi core GPU's, such as crisis 2 on launch and the AMD monster (the 5990/6990, i can't remeber the model) due to it not liking the multi part

7990*

Of course there will be DLC's there were DLC's in Arma 2 too.

Thought you had free "lite" low resolution versions and it only were 3.