Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, I looked through a few pages and couldn't find anything in here.

Is there any reason why when you set to Auto hover in the Quadrocopter thing it takes you down to 50m? surely autohover should make it hover at whatever altitude it already is.

Same with the Reaper, why does it want to return to 100m every time you go to the turret?

You can set height in the map menu thing with the camera views. Just right click! :)

Maybe you are trying to use UAVs from category Empty? You need to insert UAV from category BLUFOR > Autonomous if you are BLUFOR unit.

A use of autonomous vehicles is very limited with that design. We played domination mission today evening to check UAVs, we called support drop with ugv stomper, it is empty vehicle so we can't connect to it..., pointless

The lack of a self-stabilizer\lock camera is annoying, you have to fight the controls all the time. Please, fix this.

It's rather funny, since weapon recoil is low compared to other FPS, which is good (professional soldiers we are) and high-tech drone is a real test for mousepads.

A use of autonomous vehicles is very limited with that design. We played domination mission today evening to check UAVs, we called support drop with ugv stomper, it is empty vehicle so we can't connect to it..., pointless

So drop a stomper from the players side instead of empty. Problem solved.

acc !! Devs the engine sound of Greyhawk UAV seems a WWI fighter, please change!!! also is it possibile change the pose of the UAV operatore? now is innatural maybe a pad/netbook in hands

ps. the Greyhawk how to order to uav that has to orbit over the target?

Edited by Zukov

Feedback on UAVs:

The lack of a self-stabilizer\lock camera is annoying, you have to fight the controls all the time. Please, fix this.

[/url]

Agree with you and the sound of the rotor while you're using it... is just annoying.

They said probably during Gamescom, so between 21-25 August. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can confirm that I'm having the same problem. It's bizarre, because it was working for me before, but then bam! Suddenly this problem appears and persists, no matter what I do.

It's a shame, because I'd just set up a small test op for a bunch of friends.

Edit:

Crap, dropped the quote I was replying to. I am referring to the problem where you cannot get the MQ4A Greyhawk to take off or move at all.

Edited by Ravenholme

They said probably during Gamescom, so between 21-25 August. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They said somtime after Gamescon.

/KCo

They said somtime after Gamescon.

/KCo

I though they said just before Gamescon?

Are people still having trouble getting the greyhawk to move? I've kept trying to use different keys and such. And still the plane will not budge.

Are people still having trouble getting the greyhawk to move? I've kept trying to use different keys and such. And still the plane will not budge.

Aye, that's what my previous post (last on previous page) was referring to.

Yeah, that really didn't help, it wasn't that I didn't know how to fly the thing, its that I had a mod that made it impossible to control the plane. By the way, that's the fix, run the game vanilla and it should be fixed.

getting the greyhawk to work ... connect to uav terminal - take control - release control set waypoint and watch ... works like that for me.

I though they said just before Gamescon?

They'd never do something BEFORE a convention. All that time is used to prepare for Gamescon. Chances are a week after GC for any updates.

getting the greyhawk to work ... connect to uav terminal - take control - release control set waypoint and watch ... works like that for me.

I believe the problem was that I had Gnats C185 mod enabled. As soon as I disabled that it worked.

On the topic of Altis - this is the direct quote from the most recent livestream:

"...just to get it out there, you know, a little bit before launch would be really useful. We'd be looking maybe sometime around Gamescom to get this into the Dev Branch players' hands"

The important part there is around Gamescom. As far as exact timing goes, it's kind of just speculation at this point.

My thoughts? BiS have been releasing larger content updates on the Dev branch on Fridays, through Alpha and Beta. Pre-Gamescom seems a little too soon, given the Drone/UAV update only just went live and pre-Gamescom preparations would be in full swing. If we follow the Friday thing, that would be the 24th, though that's mid-Gamescom. A "We're here at Gamescom and you can play this stuff we're showing right now!" would be a neat way to unveil it, but unlikely in my eyes given you'd likely want some free airtime around the "Altis coming to Dev Branch" announcement.

Given Gamescom wraps up on the 25th, I'd say we're more likely to see it the Friday after next - 1st of September. Leave next week to Gamescom coverage, hint at "...something might be coming sooooonnn *wink*" and then pull the curtain back when they have all team members available/a less busy press news cycle.

Loving the menu music with dat OFP tune. :cool:

On the topic of Altis - this is the direct quote from the most recent livestream:

"...just to get it out there, you know, a little bit before launch would be really useful. We'd be looking maybe sometime around Gamescom to get this into the Dev Branch players' hands"

The important part there is around Gamescom. As far as exact timing goes, it's kind of just speculation at this point.

My thoughts? BiS have been releasing larger content updates on the Dev branch on Fridays, through Alpha and Beta. Pre-Gamescom seems a little too soon, given the Drone/UAV update only just went live and pre-Gamescom preparations would be in full swing. If we follow the Friday thing, that would be the 24th, though that's mid-Gamescom. A "We're here at Gamescom and you can play this stuff we're showing right now!" would be a neat way to unveil it, but unlikely in my eyes given you'd likely want some free airtime around the "Altis coming to Dev Branch" announcement.

Given Gamescom wraps up on the 25th, I'd say we're more likely to see it the Friday after next - 1st of September. Leave next week to Gamescom coverage, hint at "...something might be coming sooooonnn *wink*" and then pull the curtain back when they have all team members available/a less busy press news cycle.

I wish someone made a sticky thread with something like this so that people stop asking when is Altis coming.

I can confirm that I'm having the same problem. It's bizarre, because it was working for me before, but then bam! Suddenly this problem appears and persists, no matter what I do.

It's a shame, because I'd just set up a small test op for a bunch of friends.

Edit:

Crap, dropped the quote I was replying to. I am referring to the problem where you cannot get the MQ4A Greyhawk to take off or move at all.

I got the same problem once after it landed. i couldn't get it move by manual, or by waypoints from terminal. I solved the problem by shooting two MX magazines to the back rotor because after that it somehow started to move by itself and I took the control and I could move it also again :D Seems to be bit random bug.

it's almost no fun taking control of the enemy's UAV's. they just stand there while you mow down their whole team. at some point they should realize that machine is malfunctioning :p

If friendly occurs then the unit switches sides or allegience changes? I duno I'm not a coder but it seems odd that AI will normally shoot a human for killing a team mate but not a stolen vehicle killing their own.

If friendly occurs then the unit switches sides or allegience changes? I duno I'm not a coder but it seems odd that AI will normally shoot a human for killing a team mate but not a stolen vehicle killing their own.

it's probably an oversight. hopefully they'll fix it