Doesn't hear any. Is this really implanted?

I can't hear them either. Just tried shooting a bunch of AI off of building roofs, but their bodies made no sound when they hit the ground.

I tried, it just blew up in my face and caused no damage..had a bit of a laugh either way heheh, cute little thing, I shall call it the buzzer, or mosquito.

I was able to kill myself with a Darter. Fun fact: the killer is listed as "HELICOPTER PILOT". :)

For any of you who may be struggling to take off XD

Yes, I do already know of a couple of issues (rectified via annotation) and the horrible commentary that is, my voice.

If you try to dismantle the darter while its in autonomous mode before it can take off and then reassemble it will spawn in the state it was when it was disassembled. When this happened it shot up into the air straight away and was still in auto mode. If it is disassembled it should default to its original state and require reconnection.

can't get the UGV or UAV to work. I can only operate the ones I assembles from the backpack?

can't get the UGV or UAV to work. I can only operate the ones I assembles from the backpack?

You have to connect it to the terminal like I show in the video above.

I was able to kill myself with a Darter. Fun fact: the killer is listed as "HELICOPTER PILOT". :)

I've killed myself with a Greyhawk, controlling it's turret and laser guiding my position. Enemy weapon by which I've been killed: Laser designator and not the missile which hit me :D

You have to connect it to the terminal like I show in the video above.

I know. but I can only connect the darter after I've assembeled it.

Well yes, it's in your backpack so once you assemble it, select connect UAV to terminal or terminal to UAV (whatever it is) then hit Open UAV Terminal and click somewhere.

I've killed myself with a Greyhawk, controlling it's turret and laser guiding my position. Enemy weapon by which I've been killed: Laser designator and not the missile which hit me :D

them things are dangerous dontchaknow http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4I7F_PGzthY/Th0QyOrp8vI/AAAAAAAABvE/xyjHPIPFmjQ/s1600/Chief+Warrant+Officer+Mike+Zanders+OH-58D+Kiowa+Warrior++Forward+Operating+Base+Sykes%252C+Iraq+3rd+Dec+2006+1st+Squadron%252C+17th+Cavalry.jpg

I love how BI gives us new toys, robotic new toys and the first thing we do is devise ways to kill ourselves... the machines don't even have to bother.

Edited by NodUnit

Maybe you are trying to use UAVs from category Empty? You need to insert UAV from category BLUFOR > Autonomous if you are BLUFOR unit.

Is there a way to command UAV's to hold fire? They're attacking enemy units automatically, and I don't think they should be doing this.

Is there a way to command UAV's to hold fire? They're attacking enemy units automatically, and I don't think they should be doing this.

Basically, right click and select hold fire behaviour in the UAV terminal.

Well yes, it's in your backpack so once you assemble it, select connect UAV to terminal or terminal to UAV (whatever it is) then hit Open UAV Terminal and click somewhere.

I knew this already.... However I was not able to connect the plane or UGV. noone told me not to place empty Autonomous' on the map. Just mention it for other players later so they know :)

Q to accelerate, Z to decelerate, I think.

Negative. I tried this before my post. This does nothing.

I knew this already.... However I was not able to connect the plane or UGV. noone told me not to place empty Autonomous' on the map. Just mention it for other players later so they know :)

You didn't tell us you were placing empty ones down ;)

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Odd. Works for me. Try my video and skip to the quadcopter part (about 2/3rds in) as I give a brief control overview there. If not, I suggest you review your control scheme in the ArmA 3 Config .

You have have gotten the new mappings they tried. It's now WS for pitch, AD for roll, Q E for yaw and ZX for rudder. Or something similar. Just map them back to normal and you'll be fine.

I have noticed that the fixed wing UAV has a tendency of getting its wheels stuck in the ground.

DRONE ALTERATIONS:

I think it would be better if when you use the turret position of the GreyHawk (UAV), you could fire the missiles yourself while the AI does its best to keep it level and circle the target you are designating. I find the UAV keeps flying away from the target I'm trying to designate, without ever turning around or it does a bouncing nose-dive when it's about to fire.

Also, I think it would be better if you could control the turret and the driver position of the Stomper (UGV) simultaneously. So it would be controlled like a tank in the Battlefield game.

Edited by PTRJK

DRONE ALTERATIONS:

I think it would be better if when you use the turret position of the GreyHawk (UAV), you could fire the missiles yourself while the AI does its best to keep it level and circle the target you are designating. I find the UAV keeps flying away from the target I'm trying to designate, without ever turning around or it does a bouncing nose-dive when it's about to fire.

Also, I think it would be better if you could control the turret and the driver position of the Stomper (UGV) simultaneously. So it would be controlled like a tank in the Battlefield game.

but this is not Battlefield. If you want that, go ask EA/Dice to make is so.

DRONE ALTERATIONS:

I think it would be better if when you use the turret position of the GreyHawk (UAV), you could fire the missiles yourself while the AI does its best to keep it level and circle the target you are designating. I find the UAV keeps flying away from the target I'm trying to designate or it does a bouncing nose-dive when it's about to fire.

Two good ideas, especially the last one, it would be like playing World of Tanks. I like it. :)

When using the turrets it would be nice if there was a key to enable stabilize ground. It would be easier to use, and more realistic.