Thanks but i have done this as i said in my post before, the issue lays with the EMPTY version of the model when placed on the map and being unable to gain control of it with the UAV terminal as it doesnt show on the map ^^^

Seen and awaiting an official answer?

If not then will do a Tracker for it, it needs to be enabled if not surely??

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the empty version doesn't work, why are you placing the empty version instead of the standard one?

Thanks but i have done this as i said in my post before, the issue lays with the EMPTY version of the model when placed on the map and being unable to gain control of it with the UAV terminal as it doesnt show on the map ^^^

The Empty UAV/UGV's might not work yet or are perhaps bugged?

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the empty version doesn't work, why are you placing the empty version instead of the standard one?

lol i don't get this either. Works like charm for me. Really big kudos to BIS for working on them, brings arma gameplay on new niveau! :)

There is quite a large new section of Field Manual for drones :icon_twisted:

Nice job with autonomous, BIS.....this is sweet. I love the way the drone taxied down the taxi lanes (automatically) and then went onto the runway for take off....nice. If this is indicative of what is to come on Sept. 12, then the Community is going to be very pleased.

There is quite a large new section of Field Manual for drones :icon_twisted:

Cheers mate and btw every time I see that Gif of you bouncing I cant help but laugh. :) :D

In fear of repeating myself again....

Within the mission we have we place empty vehicles on the spawn for our side to use from script, therefore, unless we are playing around in the editor like everyone has been in this post for the last hour then to me and alot of other mission editors/makers the use of the Greyhawk is not useable within the mission??? We CANNOT put live vehicles into the mission.

I'm not sure this is linked to the "empty" units (vehicles) not showing on the maps generally anymore? Think it's been like that for a good few weeks and seems to prevent AI attacking empty vehicles unless the vehicle they're in has a "manual fire" option (like the blackfoot)

That is intended behaviour. You are able to connect terminal to the UAV of the same side. Empty UAV doesn't have any side (it has only camo of some side). That is the way how UAVs working right now and you can easily insert non-empty UAV, if you want to control it. Empty UAVs can be used as non-accesible vehicles in the mission or there can be inserted AI of desired side by script. If you think this is too confusing, you can create ticket in FT and we will reconsider that. Thanks for feedback :)

In fear of repeating myself again....

Within the mission we have we place empty vehicles on the spawn for our side to use from script, therefore, unless we are playing around in the editor like everyone has been in this post for the last hour then to me and alot of other mission editors/makers the use of the Greyhawk is not useable within the mission??? We CANNOT put live vehicles into the mission.

Yes you CAN.

Live vehicles won't do anything unless you make them so they are basically the equivalent of "empty". Think of it as being a prop when "empty".

We CANNOT put live vehicles into the mission.

Tried createUnit? or spawning pilots and putting them in empty UAVs?

These UAV's rock, good job, BI. Love the big plane one, very cool to watch from the turret while it flies its waypoints. :cool: It flies very nice manually too.

The little quad thing is very fragile! 1 shot and it's dead. It would be cool if the pip monitors were larger in uav map view.

That is intended behaviour. You are able to connect terminal to the UAV of the same side. Empty UAV doesn't have any side (it has only camo of some side). That is the way how UAVs working right now and you can easily insert non-empty UAV, if you want to control it. Empty UAVs can be used as non-accesible vehicles in the mission or there can be inserted AI of desired side by script. If you think this is too confusing, you can create ticket in FT and we will reconsider that. Thanks for feedback :)

Thanks and i think we will be creating a ticket for it as im not sure it will be a sensible option to place them as LIVE within our mission. I do find it odd that all the other vehicles have the option to be empty :) and these dont :)

Edited by Champy_UK

Thanks and i think we will be creating a ticket for it as im not sure it will be a sensible option to place them as LIVE within our mission.

Why not? What are you not understanding? ;s

Is there no cycle waypoint or a way to make a waypoint loop? When I want to use custom shapes, loiter is not enough.

Also, the weapon control is funky, controlling the ATGM and flight controls at the same time doesn't make sense, and it doesn't allow you to lock on targets. (Although maybe I didn't try hard or pressed a wrong button)

You can control the turret(aka laser designator), lase anything and it will appear as a target, but your UAV will only engage it if it's set to open fire and the target is in front of it. (Doesn't work well when loitering the target)

I think instead, two changes should be made:

1. The gunner/turret controller of the UAV should have access to the ATGM missiles, such as a "Command fire" action like in the A2 OA ULB, where the missile goes directly to his laser target that he's controlling.

2. It should be possible to stabilize your aim on a certain point, either static or mobile, and your laser designator would of course be locked on that point. This was done nicely in Mando Missile from A2.

But other than that, the UAV controls and waypoint system is amazing and allows for a lot of flexibility.

Edited by NMDANNY

Pack a dart away then try and pick it up... bug ?

Plus... I can't get the armed drone to fire on opfor targets and manual fire I don't have the option to select anything other than laser when in flight. Need to toy more but if someone has more joy let me know. Great work though, thus will surely change the playing field once again, amazing ! :D

Pack a dart away then try and pick it up... bug ?

Plus... I can't get the armed drone to fire on opfor targets and manual fire I don't have the option to select anything other than laser when in flight. Need to toy more but if someone has more joy let me know. Great work though, thus will surely change the playing field once again, amazing ! :D

No, you need to sort your positioning out. Try from a different angle. It's the same with mortars. For manual fire you want to be in the UAV control not turret control.

Nope.

Developer made it clear - from what game this theme comes from.

I can hear it and it is obvious for me and anyone else.

BTW. Good job on UAVs BIS! Will stress them out today.

then the Community is going to be very pleased.

Speaking of which, I wonder, are there going to be different models for the UAV's on the three sides, or are they all using the same identical ones? Rotor drone is okay, but having all three UAV's the exact same shape will make identification quite difficult. Not pleased about that.

Thanks and i think we will be creating a ticket for it as im not sure it will be a sensible option to place them as LIVE within our mission.

Why not? What are you not understanding? ;s

They seem to be using some kind of "sandbox" mission where players can spawn empty vehicles via GUI. (I remember playing one of these early on in the alpha, though I don't recall what it's called.)