http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160054-TMR-0-2-Rest-amp-Recoil-Update-(Weapon-resting-amp-bipods-new-recoil-more)

I found this mod changed the recoil perfectly, as well as adding an extra dynamic to cover and the new stance system. It does have the added benefit that when applied it's omnipresent in all missions rather than having to be added individually.

Despite the artificial grenade throwing action delay (4s) added yesterday, spamming smoke grenades is still possible...

And of course recoil / muzzle climb are still ridiculous. Hopefully this will addressed until A3 launches.

Here's a quote on FT from an experienced person:

recoil is fine. you really can get it under control with some "training". the "shoulder" he explains is your mouse you control and slide downwards against the upwards move and that works pretty good. in reallife you also have to push the weapon into the shoulder. it doesn´t went automaticlly in your shoulder.

and its more challenging like in other games. so it should stay like it is.

We have information that mantling&resting system will be some day.

recoil is fine.

Ectually, yes. But i want to see How my weapon is back to default position after time. I like to work with my mouse to improve my shooting but this process need the "muscle memory and weight". And ballistic. And resting\mantling. And..... It's are long story. :)

recoil is fine. you really can get it under control with some "training". the "shoulder" he explains is your mouse you control and slide downwards against the upwards move and that works pretty good. in reallife you also have to push the weapon into the shoulder. it doesn´t went automaticlly in your shoulder.

and its more challenging like in other games. so it should stay like it is.

We control the soldier, not the rifle.

In my opinion the soldier is trained to handle the recoil so the muzzle climb we have at the moment is just stupid. Players in the role of an autorifleman at the moment need extra mouse pads just to counter the muzzle climb...

I am the source.

What do you mean, you are the source ? The question was where did you get that information from ? Because all I heard about weapon resting was maybe, and mantling wasn't even mentioned anywhere. So if you are the source, does that basically mean you are pulling this from a place where the sun never shines ? Or do you have a reason (beyond pure speculation) to believe that ?

Varanon

This information was in the mIRC few times. I'm not able to find this now. It's clear?

I like the gunplay at the moment but it really does need to be toned down on the machine guns.

Forgot to comment on this bit "All cars went through technical inspection and have their sounds tuned"

Thank you SO much for adding some volume to idling vehicles, the new engine hum sounds very nice and I like that tanks are louder than wheeled vehicles (also lovin the air comin from my subwoofer) Just one thing, the hunter is still very silent when idling, almost as much as the offroad whereas the Ifrit in comparison has the thrumming, is this intention and the hunter is supposed to be more audibly stealthy or?

In my opinion the soldier is trained to handle the recoil so the muzzle climb we have at the moment is just stupid. Players in the role of an autorifleman at the moment need extra mouse pads just to counter the muzzle climb...

Yes and the soldier is trained not to do stupid things that the player would, it's an element that adds player skill and unique profiling of the particular guns, encouraging practice and rewarding those who do such.

You don't need extra mice you need to fire in bursts like the real thing not just blaze the gun.

I'll give that the spine compression and how far the gun can go up is a bit odd but the small jumps in and of itself aren't bad, if you're trying to fire accurately with a MACHINE GUN while STANDING then you're doing it WRONG.

Edited by NodUnit

I like the gunplay at the moment but it really does need to be toned down on the machine guns.

Should be changed to this.

Varanon

This information was in the mIRC few times. I'm not able to find this now. It's clear?

Then why don't you say so in the first place ? Why waste every bodies time with nonsense ?

is trained not to do stupid things that the player would.

Well then ...they must automaticaly crouch under fire, automaticaly jump over obstacles, and move in the right direction. I think it's wrong way of discussion. And..you can burst already.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

Then why don't you say so in the first place ? Why waste every bodies time with nonsense ?

Nonsense? I tell the truth. That's all. And how exactly i waste someone's time? Source don't change anything - it's information. You can use it, or can't use it. It's not my problem at all.

Nonsense? I tell the truth. That's all. And how exactly i waste someone's time? Source don't change anything - it's information. You can use it, or can't use it. It's not my problem at all.

I call "I am the source" nonsense (on a good day).

Information is only as good as it's source. I can tell you, for example, "I have heard that the next update will contain an aircraft carrier". There. Information. Total bolocks, of course. You waste time by not giving your source right away.

But then, I'm used to such answers from you in the meantime.

I really like the new watchtowers with the hatches. What i dont like, you cant use them with enemy AI without gamebreaking bugs.

1.Units just walking through the wall on top, falling down, instead of using the stairs.

2.Units which are just placed on top and are not manually set to just STAND there, are glitching through the wall when they go prone, firing through it, but YOU cant hit em.

3.Units get stuck often on the top if they try to go down the stairs (which they really do better now sometimes)

So, serious question...Should i now create 3 new tickets and hope they get attention and votes, which i think they dont because there are so many other (important) tickets on the tracker. This is so demotivating...

I tried to config the AI with the new setobject module (for example, make them stand only, just ungroup them, or disableMove) on the tower and i get better results, but the described bugs are still there.

You know, you can see that the AI uses stairs better now, like BIS mentioned in one of the branch-logs, but still gamebreakers which make the towers useless;-(

Too right, Varanon. You can get logs from IRC by hitting the log files button (looks like a white sheet of paper as an icon) and then searching for the channel name you were in.

That is if you weren't pulling the facts out your ass...

Well then ...they must automaticaly crouch under fire, automaticaly jump over obstacles, and move in the right direction. I think it's wrong way of discussion. And..you can burst already.

That was just a point of reference, it would be like someone saying that you shouldn't need to control yaw in TKOH because the pilot would be trained for it. The purpose of the post was to highlight the gameplay aspect of the recoil and encourage that the player use burst fire MANUALLY, and use the weapon probably (IE crouching or prone with high recoil weapons).

All in all the recoil is very low compared to what it was in late Operation Arrowhead, the AK was a kicker and good luck with the M240 or PKM.

Edited by NodUnit

Varanon

Maybe, you don't understand the meaning of "some day"? It's mean, that we have Dwarden on their side who push this question, and we have ticket and pressure from community. It's all make this possible some day. Not so hard, isn't it? And yes, i'm source of everything what i'm saying. Like other people. This is an occasion for reports? Ooh.

Comp_uter15776

I'm not the searching engine and my words was based on the known facts. I'm not interested to convince you, because i don't have to. Is that clear?

Edited by Anachoretes

serisouly, that's one of the weakest arguments i've read for a long time. It's not a point and click adventure and some dligince in aiming is required. im not sure the best way to handle recoil (or more accurately muzzle dropping down on approximate spot) but right now there is a skill level involved in managing recoil (although the lmg is something tricky without support/bipods). if you crouch or even better go prone the recoil/muzzle climb of most weapons is negligable when making controled bursts (or shoot semi which is a better way) unless you're under the impression that full auto is easy to control.

Varanon

Maybe, you don't understand the meaning of "some day"? It's mean, that we have Dwarden on their side who push this question, and we have ticket and pressure from community. It's all make this possible some day. Not so hard, isn't it? And yes, i'm source of everything what i'm saying. Like other people. This is an occasion for reports? Ooh.

weapon resting, mantling, collisions (this is definitely very good feature missing and let say design preparation mistake was done there)

* might happen soon or post release , but i don't want promise it until i know we can deliver :)

weapon bidpods, tripods and similar adjustable parts (was put aside due to other priority work)

* might happen post release , but i don't want promise it until i know we can deliver :)

So in the end Varanon was right, all we have is a maybe....

Thanks @-Ghost-TF for clearing that up.

Time to get the thread back on topic.

First time i see so agressive community. "Someday" means "Maybe". How much time do you have to live to understand it?

First time i see so agressive community. "Someday" means "Maybe". How much time do you have to live to understand it?

No, some day doesn't mean maybe.

"Some day" means that it's being worked on and will definately come but there's no exact date when.

"Maybe" implies that it's not sure if it's even being worked on.