oh and btw. both stable and dev stutter then freeze for me a lot lately. anyone else having this problem.

Been having lots of stuttering issues since beta launched. did not have the problem in alpha. dev and stable. "-nologs" on dev was supposed to "fix" it and other things. It did not for me, but it did fix the crashing issue I have been having since beta.

Been having lots of stuttering issues since beta launched. did not have the problem in alpha. dev and stable. "-nologs" on dev was supposed to "fix" it and other things. It did not for me, but it did fix the crashing issue I have been having since beta.

thats weird, cause for me, game runs and feels lot smoother, then as alpha.

oh and btw. both stable and dev stutter then freeze for me a lot lately. anyone else having this problem. it's almost like early alpha.

Maybe disk fragmentation due to repeated patching ?

how would you defreg a SSD because I thought it would damage them. or shorten life span.

that's if he has installed arma 3 on a SSD

like me :)

Try Game Booster and defrag the specific game category. It takes 3-5 minutes at most.

Ofcourse if you have a SSD you don't need to defrag. Only HDD should be defragged IMO :)

Do not defrag a SSD. It is utterly useless because the disk can access anything, anywhere no matter where it is and in any order at frightening speeds. Too many writes and reads damage the disk over time. A defrag is useless writes and reads.

High Command error is gone when opening the selection (Ctrl+Space), still some other error from when you point and click enemy group to give HC group a target, but else very nice. Is there more enviroment sounds too, heard some more bird noises.

Yeah, I heard a cricket chirping today, and it was from a location! Not the usual sound that just keeps playing in your ears no matter where you turn. Has that been there before?

Edited by Heruon

how would you defreg a SSD because I thought it would damage them. or shorten life span.

that's if he has installed arma 3 on a SSD

like me :)

nonsense, you don't have to defrag an SSD, but HDD.

Honestly, 80 kg should be the maximum carrying capacity, but it seems that you can still carry much more than 100 kg. And since the current system doesn't seem to take volume into account (3 missiles in a backpack ? Never), you can carry insane amounts of light stuff like grenades (I just took a standard rifleman, added a carryall, and proceeded to add hand grenades until I hit the limit... guess what, 60 grenades)

While I do agree that currently the player can carry way too much in terms of weight and volume, 60 M67 grenades is only 24kgs, and not that large in volume either.

Have ambient sounds been increased? Seems that way, nice. BI, feel free to raise ambient sound volume more (wind, animals etc) , or give us more sliders in sounds options.

Now if only we could have weapon sounds/EAX on the level of BF2 PR, the soundscape would surpass any game to date :P

While I do agree that currently the player can carry way too much in terms of weight and volume, 60 M67 grenades is only 24kgs, and not that large in volume either.

But is it a realistic amount of grenades you would take into combat ? No way !

The problem here is not the amount you can take, it's the throwing. I still can't believe this hasn't be changed! The grenade throwing is more realistic in Call of Duty!

How can that even be?! Someone can spam like 10 grenades in 3 seconds, you don't even know what's hitting you, a Ifrit GMG or an infantry guy with dozens of grenades!

Well no, of course no one would actually take so many 'nades into combat, nothing however prevents you from doing so if desired.

Someone can spam like 10 grenades in 3 seconds

It's 6 in 5 seconds and if you leave a target standing default grenade throw distance in front of you it's your own fault for not killing them first.

The problem here is not the amount you can take, it's the throwing. I still can't believe this hasn't be changed! The grenade throwing is more realistic in Call of Duty!

How can that even be?! Someone can spam like 10 grenades in 3 seconds, you don't even know what's hitting you, a Ifrit GMG or an infantry guy with dozens of grenades!

This is the real problem! You can fire all 60 grenades with full auto fire like an MRAP GMG...

Hmmm, maybe that's why BIS decided to give the MRAP GMG versions more ammunition, so they become more viable again.

The problem is both... 60 grenades and spamming them.

Hmm, one change that could reduce the grenade spam capability and generally improve the inventory would be to disable the backpack from being considered as "ready storage", that way you could throw a grenade or two fast, but you'd have to pause to "refill" your vest/uniform so you could toss a few again.

For example:

• Magazines could only be reloaded quickly ("R" key or action menu action) if they are in the uniform or vest, if the ammo is in the backpack it's not accessible unless moved to "ready storage"
  • Any throwable items could only be thrown if they're in the uniform or vest
  • You could still reload the weapons with magazines from the backpack if you dragged and dropped the stuff from the backpack to the magazine slot
  • Rocket launchers should probably be able to load their ammo from the backpack as their missiles do not fit into the uniform or vest and it would be a nuisance to have to drag and drop missiles every time then wait for the reload animation
  • This would need to be explained to the player

Alternatively:

• Leave everything as is
  • Severely increase reloading time if the magazine/grenade being loaded is located in the backpack

Well no, of course no one would actually take so many 'nades into combat, nothing however prevents you from doing so if desired.

Just hope no one plays with matches :D

You all can't understand the new soldier class, the grenade gunner. It is said that along with the machine gunner they can beat chuck norris, but it is still beta, oh wait ...

• Leave everything as is
  • Severely increase reloading time if the magazine/grenade being loaded is located in the backpack

In terms of user-friendliness, this would probably be a good solution.

But quite honestly, I wish there were a different way of throwing grenades, similar to what Dsylexci did as a prototype for Arma 2... the current way is just too restricted

In terms of user-friendliness, this would probably be a good solution.

But quite honestly, I wish there were a different way of throwing grenades, similar to what Dsylexci did as a prototype for Arma 2... the current way is just too restricted

Yes, of course, the system for throwing grenades itself isn't really great at this moment. Sure it's not horrible in Arma 2 way, but it's bad in it's own way that has been described already in the thread.

ive been down due to migraine for some time and just got back behind a well dimmed screen on DEV branch also on a fresh Windows 8.1 installation

what i'm wondering is if someone already reported the fact that the default arma2 control preset is broken on DEV branch?

it keeps controls mapped as the arma3 defaults :)

if not ill try to find back my FT login info :)

It's 6 in 5 seconds and if you leave a target standing default grenade throw distance in front of you it's your own fault for not killing them first.

Natural selection at its best!