Yeap, if they want to give AT/AA soldiers the amount of rockets they have now, they need to give them carryall backpacks, the biggest one. At least it would look realistic.

Essentially It isnt at ACE's level where you stumble/pass out (cmiiaw)
Sounds intentional :lol:
but it def appears to be heavily penalized.
Also sounds intentional... or at least, it sounds consistent with that one dev who responded to that "Javelin sniper" ticket.
To be fair I dont think they will ever fix that unless they add specific backpacks for the missiles i.e the rpg backpack from OA.....
Regarding your "ammo" example, I vaguely recall a dev saying that there were no plans to make large visual models for hi-cap mags, i.e. no C-Mags... somehow I wouldn't be surprised if whoever was behind this was thinking the same thing.

Argh.. Transition animations are going from bad to worse. Rifle to binoculars transition before the 'addition' was much more natural.

Why cling to this putting the rifle on the back thing? Why waste your resources worsening the animations when they are so limited?

Oh man, not this rifle on the back thing again. Is it really hard to believe modern slings allow soldiers to just let rifles hang on their chests? Again, this will make switching to binos a pain in the ass, because you have to wait for the relatively lengthy animation to finish and I bet you can't move while it's played, so you are exposed to sudden enemy fire.

Yeap, if they want to give AT/AA soldiers the amount of rockets they have now, they need to give them carryall backpacks, the biggest one. At least it would look realistic.

I still think they need to tweak the numbers as you can carry 4 at rounds and the backpacks even if you forgave the length couldnt take more than 2 really.

http://s10.postimg.org/i11gvupd5/screenshot_2013_08_07.png

Actually the more I play around the more I wonder what really changed :P Most(if not all) of the backpacks can still take atleast 1-2 rockets.

Talking about animations with binoculars to guns etc.. I like bigboss's comments. Rifles hang in front of you now. Also it's really stupid to not allow rocket launcher animations from ground. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed after firing an AT round because i'm standing up like a jackass while I comfortably switch weapons. Even when in a great hiding place. You can't kill tanks with infantry around. BI won't allow you to drop down, then switch to gun. There is no option but to stand there and wait for animation to be done. So binoculars are the least of our animation problems.

Actually the more I play around the more I wonder what really changed :P Most(if not all) of the backpacks can still take atleast 1-2 rockets.
Even allowing for "dev branch, we have no idea how close to final state this is," you already posted "what really changed" a page ago. ;)

Talking about animations with binoculars to guns etc.. I like bigboss's comments. Rifles hang in front of you now. Also it's really stupid to not allow rocket launcher animations from ground. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed after firing an AT round because i'm standing up like a jackass while I comfortably switch weapons. Even when in a great hiding place. You can't kill tanks with infantry around. BI won't allow you to drop down, then switch to gun. There is no option but to stand there and wait for animation to be done. So binoculars are the least of our animation problems.

^^

No chance to have also the animation from vbs2 ? with men crouch slide on the ground with rocket launcher or simple have a true rocket in animation not the invisible rocket or (in DLC maybe, IEM Rocket to disable a vehicule before to repair it with a special electric pack) or ..^^

Even allowing for "dev branch, we have no idea how close to final state this is," you already posted "what really changed" a page ago. ;)

Yea I meant other than that. It is a step in the right direction I just I dont know. I fear I may be falling into the state of just being happy because I am want to be happy.

I certainly think that the carrying capacity and fatigue are moving in the right direction. And I have been very very critical towards it, so that's a good thing.

There is only one thing that I dislike about it. The effects of fatigue are, IMO not severe enough. Let's consider, what does a fatigue of 1 actually mean? You're at the end of your endurance. Every further step is a chore. You're really beat. I think what would be good is how ACE did it, i.e. have some blackouts (just a second or so fade-to-back and back), and maybe have the player stumble from time to time.

If something like that would be added, the system as it is now would be more than adequate.

Now, the medical system OTOH.... *cough*

Regarding fatigue:

Guys don't forget that the game takes place in the mediteranean.

I'm currently in Croatia (Dalmatia), the nothern mediteranean so to say, I have a nice view on the sea, a mild breeze is cooling me but damn is it hot here.

I have quite good stamina but I couldn't run even 500 meters in these conditions....

Oh the pawnees rockets in first person is still awful

Chortles it is "rifle on back" for all stances with the bino swtich

Is the binoculars animation still "rifle on back" for all stances?

It wasn't for awhile, but it is again, for some reason.

Overhauled soldier carrying capacity, bags, bag types, bag content, all items weights and also corresponding equation values for fatigue gain

I don't see any improvement?

It's still possible to carry GM6 Lynx with 12 mags, Titan launcher and 4 rockets for it, pistol and some mags for it. And there's still capacity for more stuff. What exactly has been overhauled here?

So did anyone notice changes with regards to the 'stopping power' in the sidearms, or did they just tweak the long guns?

I don't see any improvement?

It's still possible to carry GM6 Lynx with 12 mags, Titan launcher and 4 rockets for it, pistol and some mags for it. And there's still capacity for more stuff. What exactly has been overhauled here?

They cant sprint anymore, at all. All your movemnt factors will be slower thanks to the higher encumbrance levels also, not just running but all actions will be slower.

What loadout fits all that gear, might try it myself. :p

They cant sprint anymore, at all.

And the difference is? They can still run easily like they don't carry 100 kgs on them.

All your movemnt factors will be slower thanks to the higher encumbrance levels also, not just running but all actions will be slower.

Don't see any difference whatsoever.

What loadout fits all that gear, might try it myself.

Carryall backpack and the default vest.

It wasn't for awhile, but it is again, for some reason.

It still isn't when you walk slowly. It's so fun to watch the rifle swing up and down as you change the walking speed :)

It still isn't when you walk slowly. It's so fun to watch the rifle swing up and down as you change the walking speed :)
Is this in regards to binoculars when using the walk speed (default W+S from run/combat pace)?

All your movemnt factors will be slower thanks to the higher encumbrance levels also

I haven't noticed that at all.

I think that the new system is a step forward, albeit a very hesitant one. I'm not sure how well stumbling and blackouts would work, especially for casual players and epileptics. I always thought that something where maybe you go at a painfully slow pace even while running might work better. It would also be a wake up call, in a way.

Imagine a guy loading up on tons of stuff, then laughing as he painfully tries to keep up with his squad at a turtle's pace.

And what was it previously during that interregnum?

The soldier dropped the weapon, let the rifle hang on the sling in front of his chest, grabbed the bino from a bag hanging on his side. It took only a second and looked more realistic.

I think that the new system is a step forward, albeit a very hesitant one. I'm not sure how well stumbling and blackouts would work, especially for casual players and epileptics.
I think you just answered it right there.

Are the SDARs still set to 30 meters' zero??

Can someone check if they can adjust zero in the MX SW with iron sights if you take it from an ammobox? Seems okay if you start with the weapon as a an autorifleman but not if you pick it up.

thanks