There's also an issue when you dismount from pilot seat. It teleports you bit in the air and you get wouded from the drop :D

Confirmed. The pilot is dismounting on the left side and suddenly he is on the right backside.

Is this somekind of bad joke? The game is getting worse? Which game are you playing my friend?

Can you get as pilot to AH99 ? If yes, what game are you playing , my friend... ?

They are aware of this and they said that they will fix it tomorrow :)

Can you get as pilot to AH99 ? If yes, what game are you playing , my friend... ?

So each time there appears an issue in the development branch you will come here to the forums to rant/whine? My game doesnt have that problem because I don't use the dev branch but the default one. The moment you sign in the dev branch you have to be aware of the risks. If you want a stable game version, stick to default branch. Plus what Nikiforos said.

Simulation tasks can now potentially use one more CPU core

Interesting .... I wonder if DEVs can shed some light on what we should expect to see please?

So each time there appears an issue in the development branch you will come here to the forums to rant/whine? My game doesnt have that problem because I don't use the dev branch but the default one. The moment you sign in the dev branch you have to be aware of the risks. If you want a stable game version, stick to default branch. Plus what Nikiforos said.

First of all, I know there are some unexpected issues but IMHO such a obvious bug should not happened..., it clearly shows something does not work in dev progress...

Interesting .... I wonder if DEVs can shed some light on what we should expect to see please?

Yes indeed... what does this addition mean?

When uploading a mission to steamworks, the users should be informed that correct naming of missions is important.

Add some guidelines about it in the Workshop scenario management window.

The community itself can't decide on a mission naming standard, why do you think the Workshop could? :)

Yes indeed... what does this addition mean?

3 pages back ;)

it's slight improvement of utilizing another core for some simulation tasks (randering, particles, object preparations etc.) ...

this resource was in past reserved for some case which is not not used/needed anymore

if you want numbers then 10% is good approximate gain ...

it might be more and it might be less in depedence on what's going on scene

Thanks Ghost ... I must have only went back a few pages !

A 10% improvement is very welcome indeed!

I am getting more stutter with the today's patch.

I noticed a massive increase in stutter as well. Maybe related to the simulation being passed to another core ?

I noticed a massive increase in stutter as well. Maybe related to the simulation being passed to another core ?

I think I found the cause for FPS drop. I had custom voices to be played from script when units dies or get hit. Since I removed the voices for the steam, I commented the script out with /* without having */ at the end. Game didnt seem to like that. Always something new to learn.

The community itself can't decide on a mission naming standard, why do you think the Workshop could? :)

It don't necessary need to be a standard per say, just a little more descriptive.

Basic info like, recommended player count and gametype should be included.

If BIS could add a menu in the editor upload window where you can choose this, it hopefully can be a little more structure.

• Adjusted sounds for grenades
  • Added loop, fade in and fade out for vehicle smokes

I'm not sure if the above is supposed to reference this, but grenades now have sound effects for things that were never there before.

They make sounds when they hit something or bounce. Smokes have a pop when going off and hissing sounds while the smoke is being deployed.

Test with -noLogs and without mods like Dwarden said.

I'm not sure if the above is supposed to reference this, but grenades now have sound effects for things that were never there before.

They make sounds when they hit something or bounce. Smokes have a pop when going off and hissing sounds while the smoke is being deployed.

Yep finally some sounds for smoke grenades. Little addition but it brings so much. There's some throwing effect also with 'nades but it doesn't play everytime, it feels bit random.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Yep finally some sounds for smoke grenades. Little addition but it brings so much. There's some throwing effect also with 'nades but it doesn't play everytime, it feels bit random.

It would be nice it there were also sounds for falling bodies.

no improvement in Helicopter showcase. All I have tried so far.

I was just able to run the Helicopter Showcase without errors. What problems are you having?

I was just able to run the Helicopter Showcase without errors. What problems are you having?

same ole performance/utilization issues...

Note, I had those slowdowns in the editor, just placing a few units. I'll check again to be sure.

Edit: Tried again, no problems anymore. No idea what was causing this. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Varanon

Hell yeah,

i love that. As my thread was closed due to assuming this has no relevance for Admins/Hosters/Editors at all (while i think perfomance is the MOST important part to all of us admins/hosters/editors) ... instead of waiting for or giving an answer... whatever..

i will post it here again =)

todays DEV-Changelog by DnA:

05-08-2013

EXE rev. 08541

Size: ~352 MB

Does it really mean what i think? Could this be the long awaited milestone in Arma-MP-History?

If so - get to DEV-Branch ASAP, my server is on tonight - i want to see if / what that means in the Perfomancemonitoring with 64 Players on CTI!

*some hours later...

Err... am i too euphorical? Did i miss something? Do i get something wrong here?

Because i wonder that this "message" / news doesn't drop like a bomb and causes communitywide "wtfomfgbbq hell yeah hooraaayy" !?

Aren't "Simulation tasks" one of the most important and most perfomance-eating tasks of the (Server-)Engine?

Maybe i understand something wrong here? Can anyone enlighten me / us please?

Will this also and finally affect Servers/MP ....or only (IMO useless) SP?

*so much excited*

Dwarden?

Anyone?

Please?

;)

Edited by Blue1

Todays DEV patch (Monday Aug 5th)

Type: Public Beta

Branch: Development

Version: 0.75.108541

Is causing a rather big issue with dedi server Mission hosting

More info on the following thread

Thread in server admins forum

Can anyone verify they have the same problem ?

Any idea if the pine trees are going to be replaced or changed? I don't like how they look.

All other trees are nice :).

Where can these trees be found?

Edit: Nevermind, found them at Agia Marina. They look okay, just their trunks have an odd (white) texture. Do Greek pines look like that? I don't think so.

Also, Devs, did you do something to the AH-9 miniguns and rockets? I hear the miniguns fire 3 times (first 2 identical, 3rd one quiter) and the rockets 4 times (first 3 identical, 4th one quiter).

Edited by ADUILO