another issue.

civilian offroad takes forever to blow up.

using a high caliber sniper rifle,pistol,claymores,tripwiremines.

i used 3 mags of sniper

all pistol ammo

1 claymore

1 tripwire mine (nearly killed myself doing it)

and 4th mag 1st round killed it.

hmmm changed material to the thin metal? I THINK NOT

Why should they blow up in the first place? If anything the ridiculous blowing up of everything every time it reaches 0 hp should be gone from ArmA.

found issue..

Object icons do not show up at all.

(this was not classed as a known issue)

.[/b]

I get...... Cannotload texture a3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconobject_circle_ca.paa on entry???

I get...... Cannotload texture a3\ui_f\data\map\vehicleicons\iconobject_circle_ca.paa on entry???

yeah thats a known issue :)

not sure about the icons themselves

@metalcraze

when explosives are involved i would of thought so...

cant even smash the windscreen with a sniper rifle

BI add more blood.

Object icons do not show up at all.

(this was not classed as a known issue)

I think that's the issue with icons not being loaded correctly.

But hey, I could put three concrete barriers right next to each other. If they keep this up I can for now even "forgive" the missing 3d eidtor.

However:

-Changed uniform weight to carry ratios (WIP)

-Fixed inventory loads of all units of all factions. These changes affect especially the amount of carried ammo, smokes and a few other items.

I know it says "WIP", but what exactly did change there ? I can still load 4 Titan AA missiles into a carryall backpack, and the items still have the same weight (i.e. they cause the same "load" value), i.e. you can still carry weight in excess of ridiculous.

I can imagine that tweaking the maximum carry weight is an issue that goes beyond just changing a number (after all, all soldiers have to be re-checked to see if their default loadout can still be comfortably carried), so I guess that's the WIP part of the first quoted issue in regards to the second quotes issue (trying to reduce the weight, maybe ?).

In any case, I would definitely cheer at any change in the carrying capacity towards a halfway realistic loadout. I'm cautiously optimistic now.

Seems like fix for going up the stair finally made it to dev branch - yesterday it didn't manifest for some reason.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

TL;DR ;)

Thanks for detailed feedback!

*butt visually clipping with walls - this is a tradeoff, I favoured slimmer geometry and less sticking

*sticking at steep roadway/stairs - is fixed with this dev update

*also random appearance of falling animations when backing off to some railings is reduced

Ladders - all coudl be fixed, if not for AI. Currently it has to be this ugly, or AI wouldnt use the ladders.

edit - but the animation speed is now synchronised

Edited by Vespa

All editor objects without the new icon's are not showing up on map, anyone else ?.

opp's sorry, someone already posted this.

•Fixed: AI is unable to take a backpack from a ground

Doesn't work, Example : AT soldier drop your bag and no option to take backpak.

Uniforms and backpacks are different items. The changes are in progress, stay tuned for more intel as they appear :icon_twisted:

/// Edit: Ninjas everywhere, I was speaking about the change of loads in uniforms, just to clarify stuff, not picking backpacks up.

Edited by pettka

another issue.

using a high caliber sniper rifle,pistol,claymores,tripwiremines.

A vehicle doesn't blow up unless you ignite the gas tank. As proven by myth busters, it's actually kinda hard to do even with high temperature or burning rounds. It took them many shots of flaming rounds in a very specific situation to succeed.

Of course many kind of explosives can make it explode assuming the gas tank is hit enough. Claymore mines are a projectile based explosive. No chance in hell it's gonna blow up a car. Trip wire is unlikely to do much to a car since it's an anti-personnel mine and i don't see why you would use this against a vehicle.

Your only real sure way to blow up a car is with missiles or AV mines or strong IEDs. Even then the gas might not ignite so the only damage it'll get will be from the explosive. So nope, no second explosion.

I understand blowing stuff up is fun and feels "Hollywoodesk" but it's not realistic unless you use actual explosives. Guns will kill the engine, the passengers or the wheels, sure, but no explosions.

Edit: Of course i'm talking about normal vehicles. Vehicles containing explosives... That COULD give you quite the firework show.

Edit 2: It's why i love me some satchel action. ^^ Now if we can get some bombs that can stick to stuff, that'd make my day and weekend.

Edited by Kemeros
Typos and clarification.

Uniforms and backpacks are different items. The changes are in progress, stay tuned for more intel as they appear :icon_twisted:

Ahh, ok, so "Uniform" in this sense means the piece of clothing, not "uniformity" in the sense of "all equal"... got it now, thanks

I still hope I can sty optimistic regarding the loadout changes :icon_twisted: (<- Sorry for the pun ;) )

Perhaps, but the damage done to the Offroad now has a major dependence on where you shoot it. A single .50 cal round to the engine block will destroy the engine and stop the vehicle working completely (get in and you'll see the red ENG warning in the HUD). Also, I can pop a single round through the driver's door which will pass through the door, kill the driver and pass out of the other side of the vehicle without harming the function of the vehicle (all damage indicators remain white).

This is pretty realistic if you ask me; and we've wanted a more complex damage model for yonks. Shooting a vehicle in the wheel and doing loads of damage to the engine+fuel tank to the point the vehicle would blow up after a few rounds was pretty dumb in Arma 2. I haven't tried directly shooting the fuel tank yet as I'm not 100% sure where the hitbox for it is, but I dare say this will cause it to blow up faster than shooting the bodywork or engine.

Nor do entire window windshields tend to shatter with one bullet; we used to have to fill shotgun cartridges with shards of ceramic material (namely smashed up spark-plugs) to do this on EOD robots in Northern Ireland, as normal bullets and buckshot just make neat little holes. Perhaps the windshield should show bullet-holes+cracks more easily, but I'm okay with it not shattering until several rounds have hit it, so long as single bullets can pass through and hit the guy inside.

Editor objects now have icons more descriptive of their shape (instead of squares with question marks)

Fixed: Rendering issue of map objects. As a result, compass in the map is now re-enabled.

These seem interesting...

I made a ticket about binoculars blocking too much view when not watching through them. I suggest that binoculars should rise bit lower so it's easier to predict where your aim is when you're observing on a hill to a lower level ground.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12185

So little animation tweak is needed

Also please fix the free look. It's still bugged but now only in the vertical way.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12156

Edited by St. Jimmy
added good demo picture about the binoc problem-

Tah, I did actually just finish experimenting a little, and found out it was there just in front of the rear axle. Thanks none the less.

Found I could get the Offroad to explode with two rounds from the GM-6 by shooting there on the left-hand side of the vehicle. Gotta say, I'm rather impressed with the Offroad's damage model.:o

very true i will test this and see if this is true etc...

thank you for clarafying mate

Perhaps, but the damage done to the Offroad now has a major dependence on where you shoot it. A single .50 cal round to the engine block will destroy the engine and stop the vehicle working completely (get in and you'll see the red ENG warning in the HUD). Also, I can pop a single round through the driver's door which will pass through the door, kill the driver and pass out of the other side of the vehicle without harming the function of the vehicle (all damage indicators remain white).

This is pretty realistic if you ask me; and we've wanted a more complex damage model for yonks. Shooting a vehicle in the wheel and doing loads of damage to the engine+fuel tank to the point the vehicle would blow up after a few rounds was pretty dumb in Arma 2. I haven't tried directly shooting the fuel tank yet as I'm not 100% sure where the hitbox for it is, but I dare say this will cause it to blow up faster than shooting the bodywork or engine.

Nor do entire window windshields tend to shatter with one bullet; we used to have to fill shotgun cartridges with shards of ceramic material (namely smashed up spark-plugs) to do this on EOD robots in Northern Ireland, as normal bullets and buckshot just make neat little holes. Perhaps the windshield should show bullet-holes+cracks more easily, but I'm okay with it not shattering until several rounds have hit it, so long as single bullets can pass through and hit the guy inside.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

All editor objects without the new icon's are not showing up on map, anyone else ?.

opp's sorry, someone already posted this.

yep im sure it will be in tomorrows update, im exited to see how acreate the symbols are to the size ratio.

for example if we place a bunker next to a fence on the editor will be like that in game....

..lots of words and things, you should read his post..

It definately blows up much quicker if you shoot the engine, difference of almost 100 bullets for the hunter HMG, and five versus thirty in the marshall.

Curiously enough the bullet type also seems to matter...while shooting it with the HMG I noticed several of my bullets going right through the truck to ricochet off the ground or water in the distance.

Also emptied a full magazine of the hunters HMG into the lower belly and the only damage that came up with red hull, everything worked fine.

Edited by NodUnit

out of the blue... the sites modules are crap :D lol

I hope it's not the wrong thread.

Please implement a button for saving the server name (Host new session). That would be user-friendly.

• Fixed inventory loads of all units of all factions. These changes affect especially the amount of carried ammo, smokes and a few other items.

Great. I'm tired of having to drop 8 assorted smoke grenades at the start of every mission. In my opinion only squad leaders and JTACS and MAYBE EOD guys should have smokes. And even then the SLs should only have one or two.

I hope it's not the wrong thread.

Please implement a button for saving the server name (Host new session). That would be user-friendly.

this is what i do :)

- go on notepad write what you want the server to be called.

- highlight/copy.

- go in the game

- then paste into the host new session screen.

i find it easy enough to handle lol less typing for me

remember to save the notepad file so you can just copy off that in future till the idea is implemented

Only ever play on one server and you don't have to worry about it. :P

whats going on with the Set task destination???????

im doing it correctly and its not working.

it was working the other day but now its like 10% of the time it shows up.

this is how ive done it.

1.create task -synced with set task state - and myself

2.set task state - succeeded - synced with trigger

3.made a trigger blufor activated.

4.set task destination - synced with create task

the destination does not show up.

i watched one of jesters tutorials and even in the alpha he said there is only a 10% chance it will work.

BIS why is this>?

this is driving me insane :mad:

Edited by tyl3r99