So does the white crossair in the center of the screen, atm we have a picture popup on the screen which breaks immersion, an option for arcade/sim controls mode might help some of us. :)

As I have said in another post, needs an option to turn it off. Regarding the crosshair, you can turn that off aswell, forever!

I'm personally against any highlighting of doors that you want to open, it will ruin the immersion. It simply will not suit Arma.

I´m sure the broken action menu doesn´t ruin Immersion. I also totally board the driver seat when I´m trying to jump on a truck irl. Or open a door that´s ten meters away while looking at another.

Ignoring the limitations of the platform isn´t being for more immersion, it´s being silly. We need some kind of visual aid to show us what we are going to do when we hit that button. Right now it is guesswork and luck.

People dying because they opened a door 2m behind them whilst pulling out their sidearm, on the other hand...

Yes it's called "don't put executing all actions on a single button" and "use only objects that you directly look at"

Space should be the key to use only objects you look at. Nothing else. No door highlighting since that doesn't fix the issue, it's like an unneeded and non-functional bandaid.

Yes it's called "don't put executing all actions on a single button" and "use only objects that you directly look at"

Space should be the key to use only objects you look at. Nothing else. No door highlighting since that doesn't fix the issue, it's like an unneeded and non-functional bandaid.

I think we need the whole deal, the menu needs to go. It needs an intelligent, context sensitive replacement. Look at a door, open it. Want to place an explosive, hold button, select explosive, it gets placed. Want to drag a teammate? Hold button, drop down menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and drag. (The point dyslexci makes about the randomity and the lack of abillity to muscle-memorize the menus is a very valid point). When at the target, simply hold button again, scroll to "treat" and immediately treat the victim. First option should always be drop, last option should always be the most vital.

The highlighting is really just a visual help to ensure that the game has noticed what you expect from it. So it is a vital part of the whole package too, but people should be able to turn it off at their own peril.

I think we need the whole deal, the menu needs to go. It needs an intelligent, context sensitive replacement. Look at a door, open it. Want to place an explosive, hold button, select explosive, it gets placed. Want to drag a teammate? Hold button, drop down menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and drag. (The point dyslexci makes about the randomity and the lack of abillity to muscle-memorize the menus is a very valid point). When at the target, simply hold button again, scroll to "treat" and immediately treat the victim. First option should always be drop, last option should always be the most vital.

Well yeah the problem is that BIS puts all actions into the same basket basically whereas it should be related to what you look at directly.

The highlighting is really just a visual help to ensure that the game has noticed what you expect from it. So it is a vital part of the whole package too, but people should be able to turn it off at their own peril.

It won't help a bit when currently you stand between two doors, select 'open door' and the door behind you gets opened. The real issue here is that the game takes into account objects around you that you can use not only what you look at. So you will add highlighting but it will end up never highlighting what you look at because that's not how selection in ArmA works.

Did anyone else noticed that sometimes when you are in-game and hit ESC there is a loading screen before you get to pause Menu ?

I never had such problem before...I mean, its just a 1 sec or so, but it looks weird...

Edited by Pauliesss

not sure if this has been mentioned before but some stairs on guard towers don't work anymore. you have to vault now to get over some weird edge to make your character walk up the stairs. i guess it's related to the new collision model. to reproduce try to go on one of the green guard towers.

on those same guard towers you can now get stuck in the railing after the first stair, if you walk into it backwards. seems to be another symptom of the same problem.

you can now get stuck in the railing after the first stair, if you walk into it backwards. seems to be another symptom of the same problem.

I've had lots of issues in the old outpost building. If you back into a wall you are stuck until you rotate to one side. This seems to "peel" you out of the wall and you can then start moving again.

mondays update needs to be an AI related one.. i cannot play with the AI like this.

regarding the 3d voice thing if you can turn radio off you can hear them etc...

but surely... if you are near the guy anyway you shouldnt hear the radio effect anyway as hes right next to you so he wouldnt need to transmit???

or is this getting worked on? also needs to be louder

and their mouths do not move.

regarding the 3d voice thing if you can turn radio off you can hear them etc...

but surely... if you are near the guy anyway you shouldnt hear the radio effect anyway as hes right next to you so he wouldnt need to transmit???

or is this getting worked on? also needs to be louder

and their mouths do not move.

if your with a group of soldiers, you have to use transmission, especially if you have to talk silently, to make sure, everyone hears what you say. Thats not an issue at all.

There hasn't been an update in days, which is pretty strange for devbranch. Hoping for something big.

The last update was two days ago, on Friday (26-07-2013), so yeah. I don't expect them to push updates on weekends.

There hasn't been an update in days, which is pretty strange for devbranch. Hoping for something big.

Yeah god forbid the devs are relaxing in the weekend :rolleyes:

Relaxing, you say? :icon_twisted:

There is quite a plenty of boons for next update, we hope that you'll like at least some of them :icon_twisted:

Guys in BI relax and enjoy summer. BTW make sure we get updates and more content every day :)

Relaxing, you say? :icon_twisted:

There is quite a plenty of boons for next update, we hope that you'll like at least some of them :icon_twisted:

ooo pettka you tease... (bloody hell 33 degrees its only like 23-25 in uk)

@13islucky - developers also have families and shopping and other day to day tasks to carry out. they work hard enough during the week as it is. i would imagine its nonstop in the BI office.

other than playing solitar and pinball ;) hehe

I've got 37 here in Poland ;], i wouldn't say that such summer is relaxing ;].