Is it just me, or are the editor icons messed up? Some are too big, some are tiny...

The new collision works well, couldn't get stuck in doorways no matter how hard I tried. Longer weapons like the MXM do still clip and so do suppressors (I assume they haven't received collision yet).

Rotating on stairs moves you up and down but I actually like the way it feels, like you are actually using your feet to turn around.

Not sure if this is new or I just found it because I was looking, but if you move backwards into a wall while aiming up and freelook behind you you can see through the wall.

Really bad "vibration" of 1st person view when raising a lowered rifle is back with a vengeance. Haven't seen it like this since one of the earlier alpha dev builds.

Is it just me, or are the editor icons messed up? Some are too big, some are tiny...

Yep green soldier icons are huge now

Yep green soldier icons are huge now

Also noticed the blufor truck's icon is tiny... when I placed one, I first though "woa, a motorcycle"?

AI driving is much improved; they seem to be able to judge scenery and each road corner quite well actually. I just think they need to learn to brake a bit better.

All the prangs my blokes made driving the Panther or Marshall around Agia Marina seemed to be because they weren't quite hard enough on the brakes when it came to taking the corner. They knew where the apex was and how much to turn, but I got the impression that they were occasionally hitting walls etc. because the vehicle's inertia made it slide a bit - and that if they'd dabbed the brakes a bit harder on approach to the corner, they'd have had no dramas.

Same goes for off-road driving really; they're bloody good at dodging rocks now on flat terrain and going up-hill, but face problems going down hill due to excess speed. They occasionally end up sliding into one of the rocks they're turning to avoid on a down-hill slope because they let the vehicle pic up too much free inertia, rather than dabbing the brakes a bit to stop the down-hill speed getting out of hand.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Wow, very good to hear. Thanks for information!:)

the rpg alamut is way better now!

Edited by twistking

Really liking the new collision! Works like a charm.. Rotating on stairs feels a bit weird though.

The longer weapons clip through walls though, as mentioned before.

I saw everyone saying how good the RPG reticle looked and I thought "Goddammit, people, it's just a reticle". I have never been so wrong.

I really like this stuff. I'm glad you changed the RPG reticule and made the NLAW guided again, also I like how you tweaked the characteristics of the Katiba, so it isn't exactly like the MX series. The AI improvements are awesome as well, keep up the good work!

You made me curious, does someone have a screenshot with the new reticle. I dont want to switch to the dev version.

AI is stucking with pistols again. They only stay prone at the same position and rotate. Seem to happen usually after firefight.

I can confirm this too!

You made me curious, does someone have a screenshot with the new reticle. I dont want to switch to the dev version.

Don't get too excited. It's is indeed very good from a realism point of view (proper aiming aids that look quite authentic) but technically it's still just an overlay. Well designed though: Nothing spectacular but a decent and wanted improvement.

RPG projectile effect is also new and looks very authentic, but it looks like a recoilless rifle projectile, not like an rocket propelled grenade/warhead. Isn't the RPG ingame supposed to be an rocket propelled genade?

The NLAW on the other hand is now guided again. I hope the current implementation is just a placeholder for proper inertial guidance. If inertial guidance is not planned, no guidance at all would be more realistic and more fun than the current magic-auto-guidance, which is highly unrealistic, boring and clunky to use.

Edited by twistking

The RPG now works like a longer range GL, complete with no visible effect of launch and massive projectile drop. The new reticle helps a lot with that though. Just asking but is this realistic? Having never fired an RPG before I wouldn't know.

I can confirm this too!

me too! just had a little firefight and after firefight he takes pistol out.

on another subject.... does anyone get a strange flickering of dots in the bushes at night at a distance??

its very noticeable and annoying. (repro) - insert blufor soldier + change to night time and then preview.. turn on NVG and observe (i tried this out in |GIRNA|)

The RPG now works like a longer range GL, complete with no visible effect of launch and massive projectile drop. The new reticle helps a lot with that though. Just asking but is this realistic? Having never fired an RPG before I wouldn't know.

It is more realistic:

That's one hell of a patch log. Cool gift for the weekend. :D

Edit: Dang. Those missiles hit more than i imagined.

Edited by Kemeros
Mr. Charles post.

The RPG in the game looks like its based on the RPG-32. Those rockets use solid-fuel rocket motors which burn out completely while rocket is still in the launcher. So there should be a visible effect of the launch but no smoke trails or what so ever during the flight.

Does anyone have a video showing the new penetration that can kill APC crew?

Nice changelog. :) I Like the improved rpg, it's fun to use paired with a rangefinder. New rifle collisions and movement seems nice. The offroad jeep feels better, the other day I actually noticed the friction sounds when driving on angled surfaces, it seems gone now.

With 3 ai striders in column formation, only 1 made it through agia marina. 2 got stuck on the intersection near the harbor.

Ai infantry combat feels improved, keep up the good work.

It would be great if you could get rid of the bug where you switch to pistol after getting a new rifle or rpg.

It would be great if you could get rid of the bug where you switch to pistol after getting a new rifle or rpg.

+1

I've found the AI have a habit of switching to pistol instead of reloading the primary and trying to shoot some dude 300 meters away with it.

I notice that the individual unit icons for opfor in the editor are messed up. Well, when looking at a zoomed out view they are small like normal, but as you zoom in they get huge. They actually overgrow the "playable circle" which is normally always bigger. One soldier icon takes up the space of about 4 in game. They were accurate before.

Edited by Victim9l3

I notice that the individual unit icons in the editor are messed up. Well, when looking at a zoomed out view they are small like normal, but as you zoom in they get huge. They actually overgrow the "playable circle" which is normally always bigger. One soldier icon takes up the space of about 4 in game. They were accurate before.

maybe they are changing them all??

has anyone noticed that when your a team leader with the primary and secondary sights... when you right click to go into the secondary CQB sight and hold CTRL and right click again you go into the main scope....

however when you exit the scope your normal aim is zoomed in, and have to resort to double tapping - its decided to work now :/

Edited by tyl3r99