They've been quietened down quite a bit. Think about it; you're in a thick, (heavily) armoured helicopter or IFV, sound is actually very reduced when inside such vehicles.

That is why of course it will sound louder viewing outside than in.

I have quickly tried all the helicopters and I was able to hear the sounds, maybe just a bit more filtered by the frame of the helo. Could you, please, provide some more details? :icon_twisted:

They've been quietened down quite a bit. Think about it; you're in a thick, (heavily) armoured helicopter or IFV, sound is actually very reduced when inside such vehicles.

That is why of course it will sound louder viewing outside than in.

Yes but they are too quiet almost like mute - in arma 2 it was better

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Now i know the reason - its because of this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157247-Surround-sound-problems-DEVs-take-notice

:rolleyes:

With the latest update I cant hear the heli weapons from inside the cockpit, anyone else confirm?.

Blackfoot's and Kajman's weapons sounds are quiet but you can hear those. I'm not sure are they just bit too quiet so you probably don't hear those without headphones.

/Oh too late

Nice little touch with those road cones and blocks.

I have quickly tried all the helicopters and I was able to hear the sounds, maybe just a bit more filtered by the frame of the helo. Could you, please, provide some more details? :icon_twisted:

Tested with lastest dev version and Blackfoot / GhostHawk gunner position (flying) , am not able to hear any sound of minigun but when i use 3rd person the sound works

When I'm on the runway, there's something towards east that make my fps go from 60 to 30 instantly. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: hmm, when I went back into the game after writing this, the fps drop was gone :confused: weird.

Many people have this, me included - You need to alt-tab to desktop and back to the game to get normal fps, and not getting stuck on either 30 or 60.

Camo version of UH-80 is now listed as made by BI

Don't you mean "green" version? :)

•This data set is the patch candidate for tomorrow's release

what does this mean? (some download for tomorrows update??)

I wouldn't imagine the below changes would be 200mb worth

•Fixed: Persistent task notification

•Supply parachutes now have correct colors per sides

•Camo version of UH-80 is now listed as made by BI

•Corrected position for optics, coaxial machinegun made on correct place (AMV)

•Fixed: Undefined variable error when engaging the spotters (Showcase Infantry)

•Fixed: No artillery rounds were hitting the village at the end of the mission (Showcase Infantry)

•Roadcone and Roadbarrier lights are now operational

•This data set is the patch candidate for tomorrow's release

what does this mean? (some download for tomorrows update??)

Probably that if everything is alright with today's dev branch version this will become the next stable branch version.

Probably that if everything is alright with today's dev branch version this will become the next stable branch version.

oh so what else did the 200mb do today then I just don't see where the size matches up with the changes lol if that makes any sense at all?

In the log today something about supply parachutes was said, are these for people or for airdropping boxes (and is there an inbuilt system now)?

Green version?

When the retextured Ghosthawk was added it had

. Now it's just plain green, not at all "camo".

There might be some hidden goodies :D

they should try to get all the changes on the log so we can test ALL of them lol how are we supposed to test something if were not told :(

Dan;2448289']In the log today something about supply parachutes was said' date=' are these for people or for airdropping boxes (and is there an inbuilt system now)?[/quote']

Airdropping boxes. The system has been active since beta release.

ooo also can we have our lamp objects back please bis :)

did a quick test:

road cone lights and road barrier lights are operational, but don't light the environment yet. this looks very strange. also the glow effect is very dependent on viewing angle. when you view from a bit of an angle you can see nothing at all.

needs further improvments!

There cannot be anything hidden in Arma 3 - you have all the access to game configs to see anything new :icon_twisted:

There cannot be anything hidden in Arma 3 - you have all the access to game configs to see anything new :icon_twisted:

It's hard to find something if you don't know what to look for :rolleyes:

Many MANY thanks for the re-worked AMV-7, it´s a blast now!

Only thing I´ve noticed is that the AI seems to aim too high now when firing at infantry targets, I´ll do some more testing to confirm. Spotting at long ranges for the vehicles is also wonky at the moment (they only spot enemies reliably at around 500 meters, even if they are clearly identifiable as enemy (such as Vehicles).