Adjusted lift force of xH-9, AH-99 and PO-30 helicopters

Adjusted collective of xH-9 family helicopters

I really like the changes. Collective now feels as responsive as it should be :rthumb:

That's my guess too. Maybe they simply switched the words 'grass' and 'now' by accident.

"Hiding in the grass now affects AI better" makes sense.

Ah, indeed, that makes it clearer. Thanks, that seems to be a reasonable explanation

anyone noticed the AT iron sights have got the old type scope effect... is this intended??

thank you

Probably intended.

The PCML and RPG optics have an in-built night vision mode so you don't need Head-Mounted NV equipment to use them at night. IRL those sort of scopes require pushing your eye against a rubber cup to see into the eyepiece, which means you don't get the sort of peripheral vision seen on the rifle optics. Pretty sure BIS haven't implemented a way of rendering the scene so that only the part of the view through the optics is in Night-vision, while the rest of the peripheral view is in normal daylight either, so having this sort of in-built NV capability can't be made to look right a 3D scope.

The alternative is to make the entire scene, including peripheral vision in NV, like how rifle optics currently do when used in conjunction with HMNVS. Considering that you shouldn't be able to use magnified optics in conjunction with HMNVS at all, I think this looks a a bit shite.

Good news that all the passenger / turn out issues seem to be fixed in the IFVs!

Is it by design that the commander and gunner views do not have NightVision (only the driver) I can see why a driver wouldn't need Thermal but I would think it standard that both commander and gunner would use Night vision. Does the gunner never engage "cold targets in the dark??!! It seems wrong that you'd have to turn out to use personal NVG's as it is?

Edited by petek

Were these green squares here before or did they add them in the update? I just noticed them now.

HG6v5b9h.jpg

Could it be a sign of a new locking system?

Those squares always were there

btw they changed the Mk20 animation into another new animation - new one looks more believable

Were these green squares here before or did they add them in the update? I just noticed them now.

http://i.imgur.com/HG6v5b9h.jpg

Could it be a sign of a new locking system?

Hi they've been there for a while. I'm noticing the Comanche gunner being less accurate with the gun (locked "diamonds" in place) Anyone else?

Hi they've been there for a while. I'm noticing the Comanche gunner being less accurate with the gun (locked "diamonds" in place) Anyone else?

Hopefully. The guns of the helicopters were -way- too accurate up until now.

did they increase the splash damage of Helicopter Chain guns and the Marshall's Gun yet?

Revamped sound suppressor configuration

I'd really appreciate some details on that one!

That's the AI improvements.

We are removing bugs, it should be negative number.

Thouse smoke screen I launched can't affect my view from the vehicle!:(

RT by one of the BI Devs:

https://twitter.com/irqed/status/358212928404586498

lol

________

@muzzleflashes: Are they suppose to be fully visible on daylight?

When using supressors it is also a little strange due the light casting.

That's the AI improvements.

hahahahaha i love this (in all fairness, the devs are now looking into the AI hence the new forum etc...), yeah can anyone give some details on suppressor config?

The change in suppressors was quite complex, we have adjusted the suppressors to have the same firemodes as the weapon that uses them and they now have (at least according to our testing) better characteristics in hands of AIs - they should use the weapon accordingly to optics mounted on it, this was something suppressors were missing. One of the most common bugs fixed is the infamous "Sniper switches to pistol" one - with great deal of help from our programmers. There may be some quite rare issues with this bug, but it is mainly on CQB range where pistol seems more usable for the AIs :icon_twisted:

The change in suppressors was quite complex, we have adjusted the suppressors to have the same firemodes as the weapon that uses them and they now have (at least according to our testing) better characteristics in hands of AIs - they should use the weapon accordingly to optics mounted on it, this was something suppressors were missing. One of the most common bugs fixed is the infamous "Sniper switches to pistol" one - with great deal of help from our programmers. There may be some quite rare issues with this bug, but it is mainly on CQB range where pistol seems more usable for the AIs :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the info Pettka - look forward to checking these out tomorrow

cheers

Wow really, it is finally fixed? Congrats to everyone involved!

so can AI use lasers and flashlights on their own and if they have suppressors in backpack (for example) when commanded to stealth will they put these on in future updates?

thanks Pettka

(this should have probably gone in the AI discussion, sorry mods)

M1KU6MO.jpg

:I If it only were that easy...

I remember my coding classes from Uni: I hated that stuff, I didn´t understand anything. I couldn´t fix a single page code thingy, can´t get my head around how you´re able to fix things in such a massive game at all. Just begun my AI testing, and man, so many variables, it´s exhausting.

so can AI use flashlights on their own

Yes, they can and they could before.

if they have suppressors in backpack (for example) when commanded to stealth will they put these on

I highly doubt it.