"FIX: AI ability to track enemy that is not visible."

Oh my God, really?

Try to read it like: The ability to track enemies that are not visible has been fixed :icon_twisted: I should probably give it more effort to make changelogs even easier to read.

DAGR rockets on Blackfoot targeting seem off to anyone? Get the standard "diamonds" and consistently hits behind

seems like it only happens if you're too close to your target (200 metres or so)

Edited by petek

AH and some people were on about the ai being ... Insert sarcastic comment here ....

Wow it appears people really didnt know about this. LOL

It was a well-known feature :) Metalcraze made a good repro to show this.

Try to read it like: The ability to track enemies that are not visible has been fixed :icon_twisted: I should probably give it more effort to make changelogs even easier to read.

Ah this i like. :D

What I meant is I didn't know it was so easy to fix (...or was it?).

Anyone tried Deadzone?I think is amazing!I did CQB with full deadzone setting on.Try it and post results.

I guess this fix is unrelated to http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8204 ?

Because this issue is still there.

The moment I kill AI they will immediately pinpoint my exact location still and even when I ran away into the mountains then took a radical turn and hid in a building 300m away AI still pinpointed me inside that building despite not leaving the base until I hid. So yeah. This one at least is still there.

devs explained 3d person, as a real life FOV, cause at first person view, your limited by 90° fov, unlike about 180°? view with human eyes.

No devs explained default "Zoomed Out" first person view as simulating awareness that you normally have as opposed to right click "zoom in" which is the real FOV as if viewing the world through a 'insert your monitor size'-box around your head.

3rd person is not real at all.

Edited by metalcraze

I'm not in a constant out of body experience allowing me to view around corners and over walls without exposure though. While your FOV point might be right, 3rd person view allows for other benefits that simply do not exist in reality. I'll just chalk the no-glare up with those and not worry about it.

I absolutely <3 this comment. My thoughts exactly. Except for the FOV part. You guys are aware that glorious Bohemia let's you modify your own personal first person FOV to basically whatever you want? I have mine set to I think 105. Any more and you start to get the fisheye effect. Any less and you're simply missing out on an incredible first person experience.

Third person perspectives are a bandaid for the lack of peripheral vision that comes in the way first person shooters function, however it brings tremendous amounts of naughty problems itself that make it not worth it. As L3TUC3 said, I as a human cannot look around corners perfectly without exposing myself. This is numero uno in the reason department why I and many others will only play on first person only servers. Third person is casual.

On topic of the development discussion:

Ok this is like day 5 that I've noticed this and I am seriously concerned. Every time I boot up my comp and auto login to Steam and the days development branch update starts to download, I check My Computer and see that my main drive C: which is my SSD and where I have Arma 3 installed to, I notice it droops about 4GB every single time the dev branch updates. Once the update is done downloading the drive magically pops back up 4GB. This is not pleasant as I am trying to minimize daily writes to my SSD to prolong it's life. What's going on here BI? Why is the game suddenly taking up gigabytes more space during the update process then suddenly deleting all this wasted space when the patch is done? Arma 3 is the only thing downloading when I boot up my comp, no other game patches daily like this.

I am aware of the most obvious (and disappointing) answer which is well opt out of the dev branch, but that doesn't really fix the problem, does it?

Probably the way Steam works, it has to open the files, changed it and then pack them again.

Edited by Smurf

Probably they way Steam works, it has to open the files, changed it and then pack them again.

Yup.

It's the new delta patching system. It's done so that downloads are MUCH smaller, but you'll require more disk space.

I guess this fix is unrelated to http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8204 ?

Because this issue is still there.

The moment I kill AI they will immediately pinpoint my exact location still and even when I ran away into the mountains then took a radical turn and hid in a building 300m away AI still pinpointed me inside that building despite not leaving the base until I hid. So yeah. This one at least is still there.

Not seeing it. Just setup up scenario where I fire at squad some 300m out at the bottom of a valley. Killed one and fled a good 2-300m into a metallic shed. Watched enemies on troopmon and they stayed in cover for about 5 minutes rl time with me as their Target but 0 KnowsAbout. Finally they began moving and carefully approached the spot I sniped from -Target became Null and they ceased pursuit.

Not seeing it. Just setp up scenario where I fire at squad some 300m out at the bottom of a valley. Killed one and fled a good 2-300m into a metallic shed. Watched enemies on troopmon and they stayed in cover for about 5 minutes rl time with me as their Target but 0 KnowsAbout. Finally they began moving and carefully approached the spot I sniped from -Target became Null and they ceased pursuit.

Perhaps the variance has to do with the original ticket where reports were slightly inconsistent to begin with?

Ok this is like day 5 that I've noticed this and I am seriously concerned. Every time I boot up my comp and auto login to Steam and the days development branch update starts to download, I check My Computer and see that my main drive C: which is my SSD and where I have Arma 3 installed to, I notice it droops about 4GB every single time the dev branch updates. Once the update is done downloading the drive magically pops back up 4GB. This is not pleasant as I am trying to minimize daily writes to my SSD to prolong it's life. What's going on here BI? Why is the game suddenly taking up gigabytes more space during the update process then suddenly deleting all this wasted space when the patch is done? Arma 3 is the only thing downloading when I boot up my comp, no other game patches daily like this.

I am aware of the most obvious (and disappointing) answer which is well opt out of the dev branch, but that doesn't really fix the problem, does it?

It's because the way steam updates work now, they modify files directly instead of replacing them, which ends up using more space temporarily.

Don't be paranoid about it, SSDs aren't THAT short lived. Unless you got OCZ, I heard those are kinda meh.

Can't put a decimal number in an array...

bdetect_projectile_array = [

[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],

[Gre>

Error position: <GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],

[Gre>

Error Undefined variable in expression: grenadehandtimedwest

if we replace 4.5 by an integer there is no more error.

both issue with test like

tata < 0.1

any idea ?

It's because the way steam updates work now, they modify files directly instead of replacing them, which ends up using more space temporarily.

Don't be paranoid about it, SSDs aren't THAT short lived. Unless you got OCZ, I heard those are kinda meh.

I understand that today's SSD's live pretty good lifetimes but I am also trying to hold onto this SSD for at least a decade as I don't see a need to upgrade it any time soon. It's a Samsung 830 256GB and I am trying to keep my writes to as little as possible. Until this delta patching thing my daily writes were somewhere in the ballpark of like <5GB's. Now it's doubled. I'm probably going to have to end up moving Arma 3 to my HDD so I don't keep getting this wasted 4-5GB of writes every day :(

The criteria being that they've already seen the specific enemy before it disappeared and that they are also guessing where the unseen enemy is going, like in ArmA 2?

is it me or do units on STEALTH mode seem to not move much at all :/ took my squad 5 mins to move well 20 meters if that!

can someone try this?

is it me or do units on STEALTH mode seem to not move much at all :/ took my squad 5 mins to move well 20 meters if that!

can someone try this?

That's actually too fast. Noted sniper Carlos Hathcock took 4 days to crawl 1500m to take his shot. That's Stealth mode for ya...

For anyone who's wondering, the repro -- or at least/rather the video accompanying metalcraze's ticket -- is AI that "knows" your position after you break line of sight with them.

Can't put a decimal number in an array...

bdetect_projectile_array = [

[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],

[Gre>

Error position: <GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],

[Gre>

Error Undefined variable in expression: grenadehandtimedwest

if we replace 4.5 by an integer there is no more error.

both issue with test like

tata < 0.1

any idea ?

I have no experience with ArmA modding, but try writing all other integers with a .0 at the end (like 50.0)...

Yay!

And metalcraze tracker item is still a problem ? From the wording of the fix, it sounded as if this had been adressed. Which tracker item did they fix, if not this one ?

And metalcraze tracker item is still a problem ? From the wording of the fix, it sounded as if this had been adressed. Which tracker item did they fix, if not this one ?

I was wondering the same.

I don't think we need to be THAT stealthy. There really should be a stealth-aware and a stealth-combat.

im going to produce a ticket :)

even if its like when the STEALTH ai are in combat they move a bit quicker etc...

but my units just laid on the floor for 5 mins before moving an inch :/

[edit] i have completed my ticket here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11708

Edited by tyl3r99
adding a link to the relevant ticket