By the way, am I the only one that finds it strange that an IFV (BTR-K) has less Anti-Tank capabilities like a default AT soldier (2 AT missiles on the BTR-K vs 3 AT missiles on the AT soldier) ?

It's an armored troop transport not a tank. But it has 30mm armor piercing round as well. So no, i do not find it strange. :)

They need to take out the radar from those new apc's in my opinion. It's unrealistic and creates a question why Merit and Marshal doesn't have it.

yes, i agree. i guess it is bound to the commander-seat, but it is ridiculously stupid anyhow.

@everyone who responded to my comments about the "other" arma...i was talking about VBS2 not ARMA 2 :) i was watching a video about how it handles grenade tossing the other day but i also found this one which looks like it would be a welcome feature :)

It's an armored troop transport not a tank. But it has 30mm armor piercing round as well. So no, i do not find it strange. :)

So you don't find it strange that an AT soldier can carry more missiles than an APC ? Because, you know, a soldier isn't a tank either.

I'd like to see the undefined variable "error" be represented more as a warning and not spam the ingame script error switch by default. Maybe include a different parameter:

-showScriptErrors=0 (off)

1 (the old version)

2 (strict - the new version)

It's popping up on my screen where there's not actually an issue per say, it just thinks there's an issue.

Well they need to fix a bit the backpack issue. It would be impossible to get even one rocket inside in some of the backpacks, now in some of them you can put 4/5/7.

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00018

I wonder if the "Equip" tab (that hopefully will come soon) will affect vehicles, their turrets. You choose a base vehicle then its variant => Less clusterfuck when the mods come in.

Yeah, something like you pick Hunter and then be able to pick HMG, GMG or transport variants.

Yeah, something like you pick Hunter and then be able to pick HMG, GMG or transport variants.

And loadouts for vehicles such as helos and jets.

But all that is just wishful thinking.

When you go in field manual, in Panther and Kamysh description we can see more name of variant as

IFV-6a Cheetah (AA variant of Panther with 35mm canon)

CRV-6e Bobcat (Combat recorvry vehicle)

ZSU-39 Tigris (AA variant of Kamysh with 35mm canon and 4 AA Titan missile)

Does that really say combat recovery vehicle? If so then yay! Finally an acual recovery vehicle in Arma!

So you don't find it strange that an AT soldier can carry more missiles than an APC ? Because, you know, a soldier isn't a tank either.

No, because their roles are different. The IFV is a troop transport & support vehicles whilst the AT soldier (which should have an assistant with extra rockets btw) is a dedicated 'tank killer'. But that's my opinion. (You don't have to agree ;) )

From the changelog: Remotely controlled turrets on new APCs have no hatches (so crew cannot turn out from them)

Does this mean that none of the crew can turn out from the APCs or that just the gunners can't?

"Firing Drills: first version of PiP feedback added for long-range accuracy targets" Has anyone experienced this? Which drill is it in? Cheers

None yet - there are various cool new features: steel / popper / skeet clay targets, optional bonus targets, accuracy bonuses and this PiP feedback. When we finish the full game CoFs, we'll do a pass of the Beta CoFs to add some of these :)

From the changelog: Remotely controlled turrets on new APCs have no hatches (so crew cannot turn out from them)

Does this mean that none of the crew can turn out from the APCs or that just the gunners can't?

"Remotely controlled" sounds to me like unmanned.

Or just 2 meters away, as in: the gunner doesn't sit in the turret itself, but some other place in the hull, more like the driver or passengers.

No, because their roles are different. The IFV is a troop transport & support vehicles whilst the AT soldier (which should have an assistant with extra rockets btw) is a dedicated 'tank killer'. But that's my opinion. (You don't have to agree ;) )

ozzbik, an AT soldier is still a human being, and a human can't carry that much volume and/or weight regardless of his "role". The fact is in Arma 3 you can carry that load, so you DON'T need an assistant with extra rockets.

It's not about opinions, we are dealing with facts.

Edited by Variable

A more fundamental critique you could pointing out is that the Backpack slot containers don't take "volume" (or rather item size in terms of height/length/width) as an absolute limit on what can be carried.

A more fundamental critique you could pointing out is that the Backpack slot containers don't take "volume" (or rather item size in terms of height/length/width) as an absolute limit on what can be carried.

Indeed.

This is not more fundamental though. The load a soldier can carry still exceeds what is humanly possible. It's a connected issue, i.e. the whole system of how the inventory space is limited right now is flawed.

I'd like to see the undefined variable "error" be represented more as a warning and not spam the ingame script error switch by default. Maybe include a different parameter:

-showScriptErrors=0 (off)

1 (the old version)

2 (strict - the new version)

It's popping up on my screen where there's not actually an issue per say, it just thinks there's an issue.

I could not agree more on this one!

Indeed.

This is not more fundamental though. The load a soldier can carry still exceeds what is humanly possible. It's a connected issue, i.e. the whole system of how the inventory space is limited right now is flawed.

I believe that it's more fundamental in that it seems like "weight" is something that could be changed by config but volume doesn't play a separate yet also deciding role in the first place... but rather that carrying capacity is determined by some seemingly abstract value, however that was arrived at (i.e. devs' own "wearing and carrying to test out carrying capacities in real life" and then deriving carrying capacities based on their findings).

None yet - there are various cool new features: steel / popper / skeet clay targets, optional bonus targets, accuracy bonuses and this PiP feedback. When we finish the full game CoFs, we'll do a pass of the Beta CoFs to add some of these :)

Thanks for the reply DnA

Being thick - "Beta CoF's" are??

cheers

"Beta CoF's" = The "Course(s) of Fire" time trial Firing Drills introduced in the beta.

"Beta CoF's" = The "Course(s) of Fire" time trial Firing Drills introduced in the beta.

Thanks Chortles

441MB just started dripping inn here :)

i wonder what it brings us :)

"Remotely controlled" sounds to me like unmanned.

They mean remotely controlled by gunner ie turret i presume