you can by directly save then exit and you're in MP lobby in a few secs, better than use regular editor no?

all BMP's can swim, but not the arma 3 one?

This one's not quite a BMP - its BRDM, at least it's real life counterpart, and it doesn't swim =). But why is it called BTR - this is confusing.

Edited by MAXZY

Oh you missed my satire? You missed my asking a question that benefits the respawn module users? You missed my voting up an issue that affects the users of the module? Holy shit batman!

Sorry I guess I missed the satire emoticon :p

Whenever I hit IFV-6c Panther front armor, the impact isn't metal-like, instead it's dirt. Why? Because the dirt layer on it is so thin that it visually should not spit bits of dirt out, as right now.

The BTR-K's missiles can now be guided by the gunner once fired, but still lock-on onto land vehicles and it still says "AA".

you can by directly save then exit and you're in MP lobby in a few secs, better than use regular editor no?

that is just hassle why not just use this in normal editor like my ticket suggests... its a whole lot easier and more fun

"Firing Drills: first version of PiP feedback added for long-range accuracy targets" Has anyone experienced this? Which drill is it in? Cheers

Yeah! And why is it called BTR?

Kinda bothered me as well, don't BTRs always have wheels? I'm not an expert but I would think BMP or BMD would be a more accurate name :P

Kinda bothered me as well, don't BTRs always have wheels? I'm not an expert but I would think BMP or BMD would be a more accurate name :P

Most BTRs are wheeled, but there are several tracked variants also.

It doesn't matter if it has wheels or tracks. What matter is what role this machine executes. BTR is a combat transport vehicle. BMP is infantry support vehicle. And real life counterpart of BTR-K is a BRDM - combat reconnaissance vehicle. And BRDM have much more in common with BMP than with BTR. So to call BRDM a BTR is bit misleading.

Oh.. the "other" arma, back in those days there was atleast a basic sense of realism, but who cares about that. At least the game is more accessible now.

The A2 throw was silly and I have never been able to properly throw a grenade when I really needed to. The feedback to what range you're throwing was really poor. Now at least I can throw quickly and worry about the results later.

The new default keybinding is a little unfortunate though. Remember kids, g is for grenade!

i couldnt help giggling...

Player #0 TypeCmdr1 (4c722467b3c********a86872fbea) has been kicked by BattlEye: GameHack #38

thanks sooo much for this...

The A2 throw was silly and I have never been able to properly throw a grenade when I really needed to. The feedback to what range you're throwing was really poor. Now at least I can throw quickly and worry about the results later

Just that now you have no feedback whatsoever about where you throw it. And yeah, it goes fast, as if you already have the grenade in your hand all the time.

People keep saying that A2 grenade handling was bad, but the only real difference was that you had to switch to grenade first, and then throw it. And you could actually determine how far to throw it (at least in arrowhead).

In A3, you just toss it. No taking it out, not pulling the pin, nothing. A3 grenade throwing is just plain silly.

but still that combined with the 'G for Grenade' change did result in the most epic gamelaunch ever :D

Isn't the tried and true way to throw a grenade in most games to simply "charge" the throw by holding G? That gives the feeling of pressure and muscle tension for as it is it just kind of feels like a flick.

Just that now you have no feedback whatsoever about where you throw it. And yeah, it goes fast, as if you already have the grenade in your hand all the time.

People keep saying that A2 grenade handling was bad, but the only real difference was that you had to switch to grenade first, and then throw it. And you could actually determine how far to throw it (at least in arrowhead).

In A3, you just toss it. No taking it out, not pulling the pin, nothing. A3 grenade throwing is just plain silly.

And you can throw it while moving, don't have that useless arc and, after some training, you can hit what you want including windows. Grenades do work in A3!

But it could be better and RiE also thinks so. When? Probably will take long if ever: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147659-The-Grenade-Thread&p=2441792&viewfull=1#post2441792

The BTR-K's missiles can now be guided by the gunner once fired, but still lock-on onto land vehicles and it still says "AA".

By the way, am I the only one that finds it strange that an IFV (BTR-K) has less Anti-Tank capabilities like a default AT soldier (2 AT missiles on the BTR-K vs 3 AT missiles on the AT soldier) ?

aren't they named BMPs ?

And you can throw it while moving, don't have that useless arc and, after some training, you can hit what you want including windows. Grenades do work in A3!

Don't have that uesless arc ? What arc ? The only difference between A2 and A3 is the fact that you can not determine how hard you throw. But in A3, you can spam grenades like crazy. I just tried: I added 60 grenades to my inventory (yeah, that is possible, and I wasn't even at capacity) and kept hitting 'g'.. one grenade per second. I can go on like that for a minute, just spamming grenades.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't good in A2 either, and the fact that grenades now bounce off walls and such is far better than in A2 where they would fall through the floor and all. But the rate of greande fire is similar to that of a GMG, and with a big backpack, the only difference between a soldier and a GMG is the range, and that is what I really find ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

@Varanon: Just pretend the missiles are the same size but a lot heavier. :P

Well, the Titan AT missiles come in at 12 or so kg as well. But then, you can carry 180 - 200 kg around, anyway

They need to take out the radar from those new apc's in my opinion. It's unrealistic and creates a question why Merit and Marshal doesn't have it.

Edited by Byku

By the way, am I the only one that finds it strange that an IFV (BTR-K) has less Anti-Tank capabilities like a default AT soldier (2 AT missiles on the BTR-K vs 3 AT missiles on the AT soldier) ?

60 AP 30mm rounds? I know it isn't a lot, but it's something.

60 AP 30mm rounds? I know it isn't a lot, but it's something.

You know very well what I was aiming at, thanks for ridiculing it.

You know very well what I was aiming at, thanks for ridiculing it.

I don't know what you were aiming at. :D And I'm not ridiculing it.