so far what i've noticed with latest dev update:

-tracked vehicles, have no tracks sounds

-if i hold left ALT and look around, and let ALT go, my character turns very quick in that direction.

-AMV Marshall, have better armor, then nato heavy armored APC? Just make a battled 4 vs 4, 2x light armored apc + 2x heavy armored apc against each other. The nato heavy ones, do always explode very quick at battle, when lighter armored marshals, still functioning.

-bullet hit sounds, when you shoot at APC's armor, sounds like your shooting at a car, not armor plates.

so far what i've noticed with latest dev update:

-if i hold left ALT and look around, and let ALT go, my character turns very quick in that direction.

Yes i can confirm that! Free look is broken!

Yes i can confirm that! Free look is broken!

Indeed, as there is nothing in the patchnotes i hope that this is a bug...

I mean there is no point in implementing such a feature, when i run and use ALT to look behind me i dont want to run there when i relese ALT -.-

The changelog calls it "Known issue: Freelook and TrackIR are broken (WIP)" so it's probably a bug. No ETA on when it would be fixed, but at least it's acknowledgement from the devs that yeah, not working-as-intended.

With the MXM you can switch between single and full auto without a suppressor but using a suppressor it's single shot or triple shot.

Using the MXSW it's only full auto, unless you use a suppressor then you only get single shot.

Also yes, TrackIR and freeloook are banjaxed.

I have switched from using my preferred Tavor to the MX support thanks to this apparent balancing by forcing burst fire with silencers. Can we not just decide ourselves with a proper fire mode selection?

I am now more OP than before the enforced fire mode with a single shot 100 round weapon than I was before with a gun I liked using, all this balance crap has done is remove some enjoyment for me and forced me to use something else less balanced instead.

Hope trackir gets fixed soon as I have almost zero enjoyment now in the current dev build.

I have switched from using my preferred Tavor to the MX support thanks to this apparent balancing by forcing burst fire with silencers. Can we not just decide ourselves with a proper fire mode selection?

I am now more OP than before the enforced fire mode with a single shot 100 round weapon than I was before with a gun I liked using, all this balance crap has done is remove some enjoyment for me and forced me to use something else less balanced instead.

Hope trackir gets fixed soon as I have almost zero enjoyment now in the current dev build.

I believe limiting full auto has something to do with the silencers ability to withstand prolonged fire, not balancing.

New update today. Freelook still broken. :(

I have to unbound the freelook key so I don't get lost running in the woods.

I believe limiting full auto has something to do with the silencers ability to withstand prolonged fire, not balancing.

Except that you can get the same fire rate as full auto by using the burst. Why not model the breaking of suppressors if that were the case.

Except that you can get the same fire rate as full auto by using the burst. Why not model the breaking of suppressors if that were the case.

That would be the right way to go in my opinion too.

Artificially retarding fire rates for suppressors is pointless. Just put them in and/or have them fail if used on full auto too much. They seem to do alright on M4's SAW's and AK's. I rarely use the MX weapons with the mods out already.

If it's a balance issue for the Vanilla PvP squeaky wheels, then so be it. but retarding the light machine gun to a single shot and the marksman rifle to triple shot is backwards to say the least.

Artificially retarding fire rates for suppressors is pointless. Just put them in and/or have them fail if used on full auto too much. They seem to do alright on M4's SAW's and AK's. I rarely use the MX weapons with the mods out already.

If it's a balance issue for the Vanilla PvP squeaky wheels, then so be it. but retarding the light machine gun to a single shot and the marksman rifle to triple shot is backwards to say the least.

Totally agree. A suppressor does not change a weapons rate of fire. Please just leave it to the weapons unsuppressed fire capabilities. If this is a design choice (for whatever reason) I just think it's wrong.

AI shouldn't use rockets against infantry that much

Personaly i dont think it was too much, sure they got a little personal from time to time, but honestly.. if you had a rocket and the enemy were attackting you, wouldn you trow anything you got at em?

all BMP's can swim, but not the arma 3 one?

I think they are too heavy to swim - for example bmp2 has 14tons , while the new BTR-K has 27 tons and the panther 60 tons

Edited by RobertHammer

"Remotely controlled turrets on new APCs have no hatches (so crew cannot turn out from them)"

For the NATO one it now seems the commander can turn out but THROUGH the closed hatch. I can see why remove turn out from the OPFOR (as there was no modeled hatch and it was right in the middle of the remote weapon) but seems wrong on the NATO one - especially as the remote weapon does seem to cleanly miss the commanders head as is!)

Off topic? - (not sure if the voices are the same in Dev and regular) Does anyone else really dislike the "Right up ahead" shout?

all BMP's can swim, but not the arma 3 one?

Its real life counterpart, 2T Stalker, isn't amphibious either.

Believe me, the AI is using rockets too much. Last time I played a coop mission with my community, the enemy sniped us with rockets, through fog and they never seemed to run out. It was pretty frustrating after a while, because the platoon, squad lead elements and fire teams were constantly dying due to excessive rocket attacks and the entire chain of command was in disarray.

how do you use the new respawn modules ?

Ah, we actually thought that was going to be added later in the week ;) I'll prod Mr Moricky; he plans to provide some brief introduction to it soonâ„¢.

Best,

RiE

Ahhh hehe ok... could you prod him a little harder for an extensive introduction for dumbass's like me :)

..soonâ„¢.
..soonâ„¢.
..soonâ„¢.

Must.. Keep.. Calm..

You sure its not a bug?

Balancing by forcing you to have a limited fire rate for that weapon and/or removing a mechanism that should be user controlled is just stupid. I'm pretty sure it will be a bug....

You sure its not a bug?

Yes, our config lord assures me its (unfortunately/fortunately - depending on your state of acute balance hysteria syndrome (ABHS)) indeed a bug that's been present ever since suppressors were introduced.

I don't know the timeline on a fix, but I know it is at least intended to be fixed, but there are some other more pressing priorities for our programmers to handle at the moment (i.e. it's not a simple script/config fix). :)

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile