I haven't the AA missile yet (the UI says AA, not AT).

Also, it looks like there are Mechanized Infantry groups for the editor. Each has what appears to be a Mechanized Rifle squad and a Mechanized Weapons/Anti-armor squad. Both of blufor's uses the AMV-7 while the opfor ones use the MSE-3 and BTR-K for rifles/AT respectively.

Edit: it looks like a UI mistake, it can lock onto ground targets, but not air targets.

Edited by MadocComadrin

Is anyone able to target lock the titan on the OPFOR IFV on choppers? I noticed it AI would not engage with them (only the cannon) so tried it as a gunner myself and it doesn't seem to lock (no "diamonds" etc...)

You are not able to lock any chopper because those missiles are AT. There is wrong name displayed, it will be fixed ASAP.

You are not able to lock any chopper because those missiles are AT. There is wrong name displayed, it will be fixed ASAP.

Hmm, would you actually consider making them AA missiles ? I found it created a good balance between the AA capability of the Blue chopper, and the lack thereof on the red one.. Would be worth a consideration ?

Ahh I see.... Thanks for the quick reply.

I assume we'll get AA armour later.....or soonish...;-)

"we can now focus on bringing content additions." So we can now expect more content packages on a regular basis? Things are getting good here, very much looking forward to release!

Bug. If you go to the highest stance with (ctrl + w ) then press ctrl + s then ctrl + w again it loops the sitting animation ?

Edited by Smiley_ie

Faster gun draw maybe????

I saw in Arma 2 and Arma 3 even if this is a war simulation game in some situations where it s better to switch to gun and not reloading..but gun draw animations are too slow..i guess it would be more better if would it be faster. It would save life's!!!

And THANK YOU devs. for making such awesome game.

Got these two errors, any one else..?

Error: config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Tracked_02_base_F/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model a3\armor_f_beta\apc_tracked_02\apc_tracked_02_cannon_f.p3d

Error: config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Tracked_02_base_F/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model a3\armor_f_beta\apc_tracked_02\apc_tracked_02_cannon_f.p3d

Also are we expecting somemore??

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\kia_amv.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\amv.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\kia_amv_medevac.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\amv_medevac.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\mbt_01\data\anim\kia_slammer.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\mbt_01\data\anim\slammer.rtm not found or empty

We await the Medivac :-0

Got these two errors, any one else..?

Error: config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Tracked_02_base_F/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model a3\armor_f_beta\apc_tracked_02\apc_tracked_02_cannon_f.p3d

Error: config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Tracked_02_base_F/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model a3\armor_f_beta\apc_tracked_02\apc_tracked_02_cannon_f.p3d

Also are we expecting somemore??

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\kia_amv.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\amv.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\kia_amv_medevac.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\amv\data\anim\amv_medevac.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\mbt_01\data\anim\kia_slammer.rtm not found or empty

Animation a3\armor_f_beta\mbt_01\data\anim\slammer.rtm not found or empty

We await the Medivac :-0

You didn't notice mbt_01 slammer?

Also, "turn out" on those vehicles does not work, the view point is moved outside, but you can't see yourself in third person view.

Nice to see that those two have commander positions

The commander position is nice but doesn't actually do anything yet. You're stuck in a static forward view for now.

The commander position is nice but doesn't actually do anything yet. You're stuck in a static forward view for now.

Yeah, noticed that as well, it won't even turn with the turret but stares straight ahead. I assume that will come later.

Edit: Also, the script errors generated by undefined variables break a lot of functionality.

Edited by Varanon

Has the aiming deadzone worked for long? Because I found out that it works as it should now :cool:

Yeah, noticed that as well, it won't even turn with the turret but stares straight ahead. I assume that will come later.
Both are works-in-progress, but we hope you'll like these beasts!

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00018

Also, they can't climb a little hill, little rocks or objects. First thing AI did when I teste it was a flying powerslide :j:

I wonder if the "Equip" tab (that hopefully will come soon) will affect vehicles, their turrets. You choose a base vehicle then its variant => Less clusterfuck when the mods come in.

Has the aiming deadzone worked for long? Because I found out that it works as it should now :cool:

They changed it yesterday but broke many things. Today there is a fix but it still WIP. Didn't test it today....

Because I found out that it works as it should now

Smoothness was fixed. But try to use it in 4x 3D scope(MRCO, for example) and notice how scope is flying out the screen. Also, DoF is working with center of the screen, not with crosshair.

Edit: Also, the script errors generated by undefined variables break a lot of functionality.

Like returning variables in functions.

fnc_returnPlayername = {

_name = name player;

_name

};

Smoothness was fixed. But try to use it in 4x 3D scope(MRCO, for example) and notice how scope is flying out the screen.

Oh didn't notice that because I'm using only like 10% deadzone.

I think options TURN IN / TURN OUT should be for driver not for gunner, am I right ?

Hmm, would you actually consider making them AA missiles ? I found it created a good balance between the AA capability of the Blue chopper, and the lack thereof on the red one.. Would be worth a consideration ?

If that specific weapons is on the real life version then yes, because things aren't artificially added for balance.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

I think options TURN IN / TURN OUT should be for driver not for gunner, am I right ?

Both seats should have it, they both have hatches for it in real life.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

I'm now just a few thoughts on the balance between BLUFOR and OPFOR. When i compare AH-99 and Mi-48, i actually see only advantages in Mi-48. Likewise, when I compare the IFVs. The armament of the BTR-K is far superior to his opponents. And this thing is faaast.

The game is not balanced unless the mission maker balances it or a mod does. Playing the weaker side is also more satisfying when you beat the enemy because yo have to use different tactics.

If that specific weapons is on the real life version then yes, because things aren't artificially added for balance.

Wasn't the point of the future scenario to have a bit more freedom ?

Wasn't the point of the future scenario to have a bit more freedom ?

These are still real life vehicles though, and the stuff they'd use at the games time would be stuff that was prototyped or still being tested rig now.

Ok, i ask again. What is the orifinal IFV of the BTR-K? Any ideas or sources?

Looks very similar to a Ukrainian BMP-64 to me.

It's not a 1:1 replica, but its pretty close.