Lighting is broken once again?

Normal: TI working both in gunner view and PiP, NV bland as it should be. Date: Jun 8th, 2AM:

acgvZbL7.jpg adhhX0BW.jpg acvcG38a.jpg

Broken: TI contrast, NV is what it always was. Date: March 8th, 2AM:

aciDXM0K.jpg aclFLer3.jpg adyakDvE.jpg

One night is pitch black, other is with moon but using NV or TI should have not difference.

Right now I can't login at the feedback tracker so I'll leave it here.

i thought that too smurf... i thought everything was a lot darker etc... maybe there in the middle of tweaking it??

Probably something to do with the change in world coordinates the were mentioned in an earlier changelog?

Originally Posted 27-06-2013:

Adjusted Stratis world coordinates (affects time of day effects)

Does anyone know how to access this

Added: Scripting commands for tree interface control

What ever happened to the announcement/inclusion of the "Two new vehicles" mentioned :confused:

Not sweat'n it, but just curious...Keep up the good work guys! ;)

Probably something to do with the change in world coordinates the were mentioned in an earlier changelog?

Originally Posted 27-06-2013:

May be related somehow but isn't the source. That is some problem with HDR or something like that. Nodunit (?) had a ticket for that.

Coaxial rotors should be more agile,not less. I can guarantie that.But the Kamow is a machine of burning fuel. That could be represented in heavy compsuction rate for the MI-48.

Coaxial rotors should be more agile,not less. I can guarantie that.But the Kamow is a machine of burning fuel. That could be represented in heavy compsuction rate for the MI-48.

Your statement is probably the complete opposite of what coaxial rotor helicopters are.

They produce more lift per power ratio (using less fuel for a similar single rotor heli of the same size), are not as manoeuvrable as tail rotor configurations and they are a pig to service thanks to being complex pieces of kit.

Does anyone know how to access this

Added: Scripting commands for tree interface control

I'm going to add them into BiWiki documentation soon, probably this weekend.

What ever happened to the announcement/inclusion of the "Two new vehicles" mentioned :confused:

They are going to be a part of one of the upcoming updates. See first paragraph: http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00017

The MH-9 and AH-9 still can't detect anything, though.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Little Birds have such sensors in real life.

Keep monitoring the social channels such as the homepage, facebook, twitter and youtube to find clues or teasers as to when and what will come :wink_o:

They said on twitter they would be staged on the dev build next week :D

im on the dev branch but cannot find any lamps anywhere :( i wanted to use some for my mission im making but it appears to be deleted i think?

anyone else know where they are?

im on the dev branch but cannot find any lamps anywhere :( i wanted to use some for my mission im making but it appears to be deleted i think?

anyone else know where they are?

I too noticed that the lamps have been removed from the editor. Luckily I have a previous mission with them in there saved so I can just copy paste the lamps.

I too noticed that the lamps have been removed from the editor. Luckily I have a previous mission with them in there saved so I can just copy paste the lamps.

ahh crap.. lol i havent saved any missions with these in :( booooo

bis what you dooooing lol

on another note, you noticed the waypoint category menu? hmmm i wonder how many new waypoints are coming :D

Your statement is probably the complete opposite of what coaxial rotor helicopters are.

They produce more lift per power ratio (using less fuel for a similar single rotor heli of the same size), are not as manoeuvrable as tail rotor configurations and they are a pig to service thanks to being complex pieces of kit.

Would you care to elaborate a bit on this? A quick search has people agreeing with the lift part, but I am having trouble finding sources either way about agility, except some short statements in RC heli sales descriptions.

Most of the things I read seem to lean toward co-axial being more agile at the same weight range, whereas more agile single rotor aircraft are simply lighter.

What exactly are we discussing when we say agility? It seems co-axial craft have greater stability and rudder authority at speed, but single have speed ceiling advantage with rotor clashing happening earlier than retreating blade stall. Is this mainly a weight thing, or am I not considering some properties?

Well Kamov build a forward facing gun on their KA-50s because the helicopter was able to turn into the enemys direction pretty fast and even at high speeds. Helicopters with a tail rotor design almost never have fixed guns on them (unless they are light helicopters)....

independant gun names are the classnames lol in the ingame GUI

Well Kamov build a forward facing gun on their KA-50s because the helicopter was able to turn into the enemys direction pretty fast and even at high speeds. Helicopters with a tail rotor design almost never have fixed guns on them (unless they are light helicopters)....

Yes, there is even a manoeuvre where you come in at speed to the side of the target, then point the nose toward the target, initiating sideways flight, with the downward angle of the nose making the aircraft turn in a circle around the target, keeping the nose pointed towards it through the whole thing. I think it was called a funnel turn or something. My understanding is that this would simply not be possible with a single rotor craft, though how much a role the Ka-50's "turn to target" autopilot assistance plays I can't say.

As for whether a tail rotor allows faster turning at a hover than a coaxial design I can't say, I can see both tail rotor having an advantage from leverage and being dedicated entirely to the function, and co-axial simply having more surface area to work with as reasonable, so I'd have to find some comparison for that.

Edited by Doombell

Will the get in animation be fixed? I mean, the animation goes flawlessly and then at the last second you can see your soldier taking his rifle and then teleporting to the vehicle! Why can't the animation end normally? This really ruins the animation!

Devs kinda forgot about animations for the grenade launchers /hand reload anims are there but GL stays untouched/ and also for the M320 too

The way cfgfunctions are called has changed twice last week, and at the end of last week, when the beta patch came out plus a dev update, the two versions were calling cfgfunctions in different ways!

Guys, please don't mess with this like this over and over again. It's breaking LOTS of stuff and usually, the first we know is when our missions stop working.

You want us to help by being in the beta and moreso, by being in the dev build, but we're spending more time fixing core stuff you've changed without telling us, rather than playing and creating content.

Case in point, the ifrit classname; it's now on it's third name, and that name is, let's be honest, crap. mrap_01 blah blah. It might be descriptive from a developers point of view because it has a serial number, but from a mission makers point of view, it's rubbish. WTF isn't called ifrit something something? Sit down with your guys, decide on what it should be and stick with it. Perhaps I can understand why the engine needs updates, but 2 classname changes on a vehicle? It's minor in terms of engine development, it's major in terms of mission development. I realise, of course the position I'm in right now. I'm pissing and whinnying about too many classname changes while campaigning for another, but the crux of it is, get it right first (or at most, second time) and then don't mess with it.

Further to the above, you need to tell us when you change stuff. For example, all of the ISO shipping containers. Some weeks ago, they mysteriously went scope private, only to reappear a week later, completely unchanged. Look, I know I'm not in your office, knowing about the minutiae of the design and code process, but was there really a compelling reason to do that? Because it broke missions.

Guys, I only have a couple of hours a day to do this and I'm learning every day how to work this stuff. Can you imagine how frustrating it is to learn some new stuff only to have it gone a few days later?

Look, I love this game. For me, an excellent day in front of Arma is writing some funky code and seeing the AI do my bidding like there's a human hand working them before dinner then coming back with a post dinner beer and pwning them with my mates. A bad day is finding a screen full of errors because you broke or changed something with no apparent reason or rational OR, you not telling us what you've done and how to fix or adapt to it.

I don't mind helping to fix bugs and shit - I knew that was in the remit when I signed up. I DO mind trying to fix your shit that's been needlessly broke.