Well firepower AND logistics can only really be some form of tracked IFV platform with larger main gun if its combined in one vehicle, or maybe self-propelled artillery/MLRS if there were different variants of the trucks to cover the logistic elements needed to resupply them with ammo.

Mind you, right now the HEMTTs/Zamaks can be scripted to act as refuel/repair/rearm, but I don't recall when BI made "vanilla" replenishment vehicles? (Although I've since learned that the Mk 6 mortars in Arma 3 can be resupplied by sufficient proximity to a "vehicle ammo" box of that same side.)

Well there is a photo of the front half of a HEMTT with what looks like a PLS/DROPS body.

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_e32013_screenshot_09.jpg

As you can see the front bit of a shipping container, the main purpose of PLS/DROPS system (the body the container is sat on) is ordinance transport THEN general purpose logistics after that, though quite what a container would be for :confused: unless it’s an implication of being able to move multiple “body†types around with parts for bases, fuel &/or ordinance I don’t know.

btw. SMAA quality should be fixed now in DEV branch (no more weird blurryness)

Really? Can someone confirm this?

And, btw, I had thought that a certain blurryness was an essential property of the SMAA method per se?

I don't know if this is new, but I just discovered new effects in modules. "Shells" from mortars, artillery, and mlrs. which just smoke. "tracer" which I can't tell if it does anything.

Also, "set callsign" in group modifiers

"headquarters" in Intel

Edited by victim913

I don't know if this is new, but I just discovered new effects in modules. "Shells" from mortars, artillery, and mlrs. which just smoke. "tracer" which I can't tell if it does anything.

Also, "set callsign" in group modifiers

"headquarters" in Intel

The effects were already there, not sure about the seconds

those are from one of the last few updates. I noticed because it messed up the chemlight modules I was using in a mission (I just had to reset the color, and they worked fine)

Bohemia said they updated their website in the latest spotrep announcing the vehicles, and I spotted this: http://i.imgur.com/cutFuTO.png

I guess this sorta confirms artillery in a way?

Really? Can someone confirm this?

And, btw, I had thought that a certain blurryness was an essential property of the SMAA method per se?

it wasn't SMAA is crisp clear compared to FXAA , and even in OA when compared against FXAA with sharpen filter

was some bug with processing the pass

it wasn't SMAA is crisp clear compared to FXAA , and even in OA when compared against FXAA with sharpen filter

was some bug with processing the pass

I thought it was the other way around SMAA softens and FXAA sharpens.

I thought it was the other way around SMAA softens and FXAA sharpens.
FXAA blurs ... w/o sharpen filter it would be worse than SMAA with the bug :) the sharpen filter was deployed first in TOH and we adopted it for FXAA

Wait, up until now Ultra SMAA and no FXAA meant blurry image, no SMAA and Ultra FXAA meant sharp image, I am 100% sure about this...

What changed with this SMAA fix? What PPAA gives the best quality now?

Yay!

Well there is a photo of the front half of a HEMTT with what looks like a PLS/DROPS body.

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_e32013_screenshot_09.jpg

As you can see the front bit of a shipping container, the main purpose of PLS/DROPS system (the body the container is sat on) is ordinance transport THEN general purpose logistics after that, though quite what a container would be for :confused: unless it’s an implication of being able to move multiple “body†types around with parts for bases, fuel &/or ordinance I don’t know.

I think they(BIS) may have mentioned it in an earlier vid pre alpha, but just to recap, notice how the majority of the outpost camps have container based modular buildings. ;)

I think they(BIS) may have mentioned it in an earlier vid pre alpha, but just to recap, notice how the majority of the outpost camps have container based modular buildings. ;)

yes has seen the modular buildings, but did not know BIS had/have mentioned it.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I like the strategic map with its real time overview, its schematic breakdown of the command structure and ability to start missions like shown in the second live community broadcast. :)

I like the strategic map with its real time overview, its schematic breakdown of the command structure and ability to start missions like shown in the second live community broadcast. :)

what is it exactly?

FXAA blurs ... w/o sharpen filter it would be worse than SMAA with the bug :) the sharpen filter was deployed first in TOH and we adopted it for FXAA

I liked the blur of the SMAA implemenation. FXAA was always a bit too sharp for my taste!

My co-op buddies also preferred the "blurry" SMAA btw.

I never liked anything except FXAA. Anything other than FXAA would blur the screen, and make it harder to spot enemies!

Was the PIP in the comanche cockpit just for the gunner like i remember or for the pilot too before? Because i remember it for the gunner, but i noticed it just now for the pilot too.

I never liked anything except FXAA. Anything other than FXAA would blur the screen, and make it harder to spot enemies!

Agreed, I prefer FXAA as well for the same reason.

I'd like to more know about this as well... Got me very interested, I've always wanted to see such a feature ingame. Hopefully it's easily moddable so that you can add more modules to it... Eg. I'd love to see it as part of EW in game :)

Was the PIP in the comanche cockpit just for the gunner like i remember or for the pilot too before? Because i remember it for the gunner, but i noticed it just now for the pilot too.

It has been there for both since the last update, though I wish they would duplicate the pilots view to be mpd same as the gunners... more sound and is more authentic.

Technically the screen they are using now for the pilot would be incapable of video.

It has been there for both since the last update, though I wish they would duplicate the pilots view to be mpd same as the gunners... more sound and is more authentic.

Technically the screen they are using now for the pilot would be incapable of video.

Thanks for letting me know, ingame it's also quite of limited usefulness due to the small size.

The actual patch will not yet enable the reporting of all undefined variables, because we need some time to fix the actual scripts affected. It was a bit of fail to desync the EXE and data - sorry ... :butbut: First thing we'll do tomorrow is put an (older) EXE there to more accurately reflect the patch candidate.

Please keep the FXAA sharpen filter. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I feel like without it I'm missing out on so many details in the world and objects.

Whaaaaaat :butbut:

Please don't remove the sharpen filter or give us sharpen filter with FXAA. I tested SMAA in this patch and it still feels too blurry to me. I don't know how they really should look like but I love FXAA on ultra.

Seems like i cant start the game in fullscreen mode,it just doesn't work.Black Screen and the game alt tab itself.

@alistar it might be a third party program causing this. i had the exact same issue and found out it was 'samsung magician' a tool to maintenance my SSD's as soon as i closed it, the game stopped alt-tabbing