I'm pretty sure that so long as you're looking at an entrance to the vehicle, you can simply press space to automatically trigger the top item in your action menu which, when looking at the door of a vehicle, will be to enter the vehicle.

Default Action button I am sure it is called, and is customisable.

We need to be able to throw grenades in open vehicles, chucking one down a tanks open hatch being the ultimate of course.

Permanent extended HUD info is not available on Veteran and Expert, and I only play at those difficulties (default settings except for disabled cross hair on Veteran). Hopefully BIS will implement a way to view ammo/weapon mode/stance (IGUI) without having to switch weapon mode or reload, as was the case in A2. Hold F key? Touch CTRL or ALT? This change really affects my game play, but I will get used to it.....:rolleyes:

Just do it they way I do; select a lower difficulty but then disable all the gimmicks. This gives you the freedom to customize everything. :)

Though wanting to have a key for checking only the stance (which I personally never felt the need to. You are either shaking slightly when you are in a adjusted stance or can just use freelook to differentiate between standing and crouching. This is also much more immersive than looking at UI elements...) or the ammo count (Which I also rarely need to check. You are either in a hurry and have to use whatever bullets there are in the magazine since there is no other option and then you are either way forced to reload or you are not in a hurry and can use one of the available methods) is difficult as these "convenience" buttons can make the user interface/key bindings very cluttered.

Are the speeds of AA missiles really realistic? To me it seems that they're unrealistically fast. Based on my non-accurate empirical tests, the speed of AA missiles is 600 m/s instantly after launch.

Edited by Ezcoo

could you make helicopter doors stay open after someone using it for like 5-10 seconds before closing it, it looks weird when bunch of people want to get in heli and player must wait every time for that door to close and then open.

someone agree on this?

Just love the animation of door opening and you climbing in!!! And the one climbing into the Opfor attack chopper is sweet also.But it really is too many open door commands and should be streamlined.Do people get in and out of vehicles and leave doors open alot?I say place the menu for all the doors in the rear compartment area and just make it so when you enter and exit a vehicle the doors open and close for you and put all the various door comands to the rear compartment.Right now when you go to rear it says inventory/open rear door.Should say inventory/open rear/open Lfront/open Lmiddle/open Rfront etc.

And I knew there was more seats in the back of Iffrit.Now open them up for us plzzzzzzz.

Has anyone noticed that infantry units can now rollin on their balls.

You can now move while sitting. This is great.

#sitting stance

They need to fix the Man class so it is able to walk on the decks of ships, helos and vehicles already have it active in the physx files (as Mankyle pointed out)

Are you talking about the Men class in the Editor (as opposed to Men (Recon) and so on) or do all of them use the "man" simulation class?

Hate: full auto replaced with burst when using a silencer.

Don't like it either...

It may showcase that attachments can change various propperties of guns - but it just doesn't make sense :(

Don't like it either...

It may showcase that attachments can change various propperties of guns - but it just doesn't make sense :(

That means they can do grenade launcher as an underbarrel attachment.

The Ifrit door anims instantly make the game ~6-8% better (not a scientific calculation :rolleyes:). EXCELLENT.

Just do it they way I do; select a lower difficulty but then disable all the gimmicks. This gives you the freedom to customize everything. :)

Though wanting to have a key for checking only the stance (which I personally never felt the need to. You are either shaking slightly when you are in a adjusted stance or can just use freelook to differentiate between standing and crouching. This is also much more immersive than looking at UI elements...) or the ammo count (Which I also rarely need to check. You are either in a hurry and have to use whatever bullets there are in the magazine since there is no other option and then you are either way forced to reload or you are not in a hurry and can use one of the available methods) is difficult as these "convenience" buttons can make the user interface/key bindings very cluttered.

Yep. Thanks for describing that. However, I am (and have been) reluctant to go to Regular and adjust settings, as relative skills would also have to be adjusted, and I'm not quite sure what other game elements would change if I do so. So, I'm lazy and always play on Vet or Elite (also just to be hardcore! ;)). In any case, I really don't want the HUD around permanently as it reduces immersion. But holding F or touching ALT or Windows key (or ...) wouldn't complicate the keybinds that much, and would offer good functionality IMO. Now that the cool stance indicator has been added, I like checking it for comfort, even though doing so is unnecessary most of the time (one can also just go to external view for a second on Veteran). I ALWAYS check my clip before entering combat, to reduce the possibility of the dreaded "dead man's click." But just reloading is no big deal 90+% of the time, so....

Having an option in keybind settings for "Check IGUI" that is NOT bound by default is another option. That way, users could bind a key to that command only if they desire.

Change can be trying at first for old A2 Hipsters, but I seem to have heard these words somewhere: Survive. Adapt. Win.

Change can be trying at first for old A2 Hipsters

Wait a minute?

Aren't you the guy that said the GUI should still popup before changing firing modes like it used to.

The old Arma 2 way: worked perfectly, fast, already implemented, users are used to it, perfectly logical

Well isn't that ironic then, you seem the be the one afraid of change.

Wait a minute?

Aren't you the guy that said the GUI should still popup before changing firing modes like it used to.

Maybe he just wants to say that he classifies himself as an "old A2 Hipster"? :) I myself had a hard time to get used to some of the changes.

Wait a minute?

He seems to be...adapting. :D

I'm pretty sure that so long as you're looking at an entrance to the vehicle, you can simply press space to automatically trigger the top item in your action menu which, when looking at the door of a vehicle, will be to enter the vehicle.

The problem with that is that if the vehicle moves slightly (or you do, or someone gets in your way) the default action changes, to switch weapon or something.

Perhaps ideally we'd have a "Get in" button, which would either always get in the back (not the pilot/driver/commander seat) or would open a get in menu showing just the positions and nothing else, so that if the vehicle moves, etc it might disappear until we press it again but no other actions would be on it to cause us to trigger unwanted actions.

On the other hand they can do this:

This is a very extreme example, but I have seen this already in the Alpha. Hitting an enemy AI gives him info about you and I've seen it multiple times turn around in a milisecond, might be the best way to reproduce.

I can't remember if I have seen it in SP yet, might be something with MP and the changed turning synchronisation. Is there a ticket in the bug tracker already?

Maybe he just wants to say that he classifies himself as an "old A2 Hipster"? :) I myself had a hard time to get used to some of the changes.

Yes, I'm the old hipster who is being forced to adapt. Gossamer completely misunderstood, apparently. I have no idea what he is talking about... Perhaps he doesn't either.

this is absiloutly crazy :D i could not stop laughing!!!! "hey bolt?" lol!!

i bet when the tanks are released the turrets will be the same ;)

can this be fixed please so videos like these can stop making me laugh to death hahaha.

i think one of the main issues now at the current time is AI?

However, I am (and have been) reluctant to go to Regular and adjust settings, as relative skills would also have to be adjusted, and I'm not quite sure what other game elements would change if I do so. So, I'm lazy and always play on Vet or Elite (also just to be hardcore! ;)).

Having an option in keybind settings for "Check IGUI" that is NOT bound by default is another option. That way, users could bind a key to that command only if they desire.

I'm basically playing on all-elite difficulty but started with regular (I like to have the unlimited saves e.g.). You can adjust everything without any problems :)

Having a seperate key binding for only displaying the UI could be usable but I don't know if there are no problems with detecting a "hold button" versus a normal tab as this hasn't been done yet afaik. Having a seperate button which will have only this action might be very unnecessary.

Regarding the new sniper sit movement animations, they are excellent! :cool: Though right now it doesn't work with a pistol.

And please let the Blackfoot have animated doors next! The custom animation is extremely nice but it currently looks very strange as the player is just glitching through the windshield. With it being animated accordingly, it should feel extremely immersive.

+1 priority for the Blackfoot plz

Just wanted to highlight the remarkable FPS gain in dev build (click the picture to see larger version) :)

4f1ZHzC.png

Edited by Ezcoo

When will all the Dev branch updates be officially released for beta?

Dan;2433906']They need to fix the Man class so it is able to walk on the decks of ships' date=' helos and vehicles already have it active in the physx files (as Mankyle pointed out)[/quote']

This needs to be top priority right now!

Have the devs commented on this and is there a feedback ticket to vote for it?