My personal joke is that if the devs actually tried this, all the "AHHHH my realism immersion has been broken" complaints would pile up again. :P Can't help but think that the 2011 burst thereof hardened some devs' hearts against the complainers and fueled some of the changes that we've seen between 2011 (particularly in features) and the alpha/beta...

i would say that they also have a far stricter roadmap to try and reduce the effects of feature creap

If you use Dyslexi's Paper Doll mission you will find that there are already low thermal signiture uniforms (OPFOR as I suspected with the built in cooling system) and currently the Greens havent had thermal mapping added yet. The Heli Crew Helmets also provide the lowest thermal sigiture combined with the green combat fatigues.

Rangemaster Cap is also a low thermal winner.

Love: new weapon fire mode switches, extra FPS.

Hate: full auto replaced with burst when using a silencer.

My personal joke is that if the devs actually tried this, all the "AHHHH my realism immersion has been broken" complaints would pile up again. :P Can't help but think that the 2011 burst thereof hardened some devs' hearts against the complainers and fueled some of the changes that we've seen between 2011 (particularly in features) and the alpha/beta...

i think everyone here wants better shaders for NV and thermals

when Is this optimization blog coming out then??? I think were on the edge of our seats to see what they are going to do to fix this optimization :)

when Is this optimization blog coming out then??? I think were on the edge of our seats to see what they are going to do to fix this optimization :)

It will be out when it is out, a bit of patience goes a long way...

been waiting for 10 years for optimization ;) ever since ofp my good friend...

Lol, it will be written in history books :)

It took Moses 40 years to wander the desert:cool:

Edited by Nikiforos

Not long now till next dev build. I wonder what we'll get :rolleyes:

EDIT: omg, I love the new Ifrit door animation!! :D Good job BI, good job.

Now add commander seat to Marshall

Edited by runekn

04-07-2013

EXE rev. 107360

Size: ~162 MB

Fixed: Cargo cannot take control from commander

Weight and capacity of all uniforms, vests and bags overhauled into one logical, balanced and gradually scaling norm, where bags of the same type and/or purpose should share corresponding values with minor side unique differences. All changes takes the recent unit inventory loads into consideration, so all equipment should fit well. The purpose was to make the capacity potential more organized and also little less prone to cases of missing equipment caused by design changes in unit inventory loads.

Fixed OPFOR Recon inventory loadout

Fixed: respawnDelay entry was ignored when defined as a string, not as a number

Added: BIS_fnc_endMission is now terminated when trying to trigger a good ending over a bad one

Added: Apart from "Synchronized Units" and "Groups of synchronize units", the "Create Task" module now offers new options - "Sides of synchronized units" and "All playable units"

Ifrit crew is now able to open and close doors while disembarking

Engines of armed Strider hit points now have correct names

Fixed: HEMTT exhaust right next to passenger head

Ifrit door animation v cool. Does this mean we'll get this for all vehicles?! Good that you can shoot into the vehicle through the open door and kill passengers! I'd hoped thrown objects would work too but still has the collision model as if the door was closed. Still looking forward to more...... especially the 2 mystery content packages mentioned in SITREP#00016. Good work!

nice addition that ifrit doors! BUT, i found a door bug, placed motorized troop, made waypoint load in, so when a soldier is geting in to ifrit, the door is opening at opposite side. So the soldier, gets through locked door.

All fine at geting out the vehicle, all doors opening as should.

BIS you have no idea how cool this is!. I´m really hoping that all vehicels get functioning doors. Verry happy today :D

I wonder is there a tickets for this issues?

Bugged weapon switch (in crouch position in safe weapon mode).

1) From pistol to rifle - force your character to go prone and only then take a rifle.

2) From rifle to pistol - force your character to take one step forward.

Very unsmooth switch to binocular in prone position.

Oh Damn...

I just tried to sneak up on a ifrit as a BLUFOR. I opened the rear door and threw a grenade into it, sadly the grenade bounced right back at me. It seems as if they can´t enter the vehicle. Any chance to implement this?

Oh Damn...

I just tried to sneak up on a ifrit as a BLUFOR. I opened the rear door and threw a grenade into it, sadly the grenade bounced right back at me. It seems as if they can´t enter the vehicle. Any chance to implement this?

Yeah it bounces off it and does a particle effect. There's some invisible wall preventing grenades and other throwable stuff entering it.

of course this will be hopefully for all vehicles (over time!) :) makes no sense just doing an opfor vehicle lol

^^ hold on .. can't my NVIDIA GFX card do this *COUGH* *COUGH*? :p

PhysX is not only for NVIDIA users... :D

Yay!

Oh Damn...

So the door is openable for everyone? This is kinda senseless.. :P

of course this will be hopefully for all vehicles (over time!) :) makes no sense just doing an opfor vehicle lol

And the bags with doors^^ :cool:

if they work on doors, we can really hope than they work on water surface who was verry crappy with the problem of camera.

As Tonci87 says, there were invisible wall in vehicules, why to include them ?^^

Edited by GranolaBar

'Close left front door' on Ifrit closing the Right Door.

And again - we can control all doors from all places. We got menumess.