aww, so is there a way to make ai go high up just to try these chutes?

nevermind, i've set up a quick mission with helis :D how cool it is to command a heli squadron in the seat of the blackhawk? :O

Edited by GottyPlays

What I do is I play as one of the passengers, and teamswitch to the helicopter to get altitude. That, or you can teleport yourself up there, though this isn't as interesting.

What I do is play as a passenger (set to "In Cargo") and then place a helicopter (set to "Flying") whose Elevation is set to 1000, so that the AI helo pilot will keep the helicopter hovering at 1 km elevation while I play as a 'normal' passenger.

What I do is play as a passenger (set to "In Cargo") and then place a helicopter (set to "Flying") whose Elevation is set to 1000, so that the AI helo pilot will keep the helicopter hovering at 1 km elevation while I play as a 'normal' passenger.

wow thanks! i did not know how to set up like that, will try ASAP :D

The AI pilot won't actually try to keep the helicopter airborne (or he may be too late) if you simply leave the Helicopter's status unchanged, hence setting it to "Flying", but when you don't set Elevation manually it ends up defaulting to 50 meters, hence manually setting Elevation since the AI pilot will maintain that. There's a different way to have a whole squad start inside a helicopter (basically create a unit group and then put the corresponding line into the group leader's init) but for individual-soldier Editor testing it's enough to simply use the "In Cargo" status.

Should PiP be jumpy and blinks at you?

just i dont get the vibe that its fully completed properly yet.

Set the helicopters init: this flyinheight x; Where x is the height you want. The AI heli will start at normal height then go to the elevtion you request. You can also start off with the helicopter at any height you want. Put this in the init too: this setposASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, x]; where x is the height you want it to start at.

One problem will probably present itself. Helis can't go that high. Using the camo ghosthawk I got up to about 300 then it got harder to go up. But if you start it at that height it might be ok, or lose altitude.

One other thing. Don't use "in cargo" if you plan on team switching. You can't switch when that is set. But you can use the moveincargo in the init of unit you wish to switch to.

Just a few things:

-dont know if its right or not but on the ghosthawk when you have lights off theres still one light on; https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-esTmhcfyqDY/Uc4uKtAyE3I/AAAAAAAAAN8/e1wYvqO0fxs/w982-h553-no/arma3+2013-06-29+01-28-53-75.bmp

-another is that in the merlin [or nh-90 i think] there is one cockpit moniter off on each side of the panel just a black screen.

Probably just modifications to some of the bigger PBOs.

I thought delta patching would make that a thing of the past.

The AI pilot won't actually try to keep the helicopter airborne (or he may be too late) if you simply leave the Helicopter's status unchanged, hence setting it to "Flying", but when you don't set Elevation manually it ends up defaulting to 50 meters, hence manually setting Elevation since the AI pilot will maintain that. There's a different way to have a whole squad start inside a helicopter (basically create a unit group and then put the corresponding line into the group leader's init) but for individual-soldier Editor testing it's enough to simply use the "In Cargo" status.
Set the helicopters init: this flyinheight x; Where x is the height you want. The AI heli will start at normal height then go to the elevtion you request. You can also start off with the helicopter at any height you want. Put this in the init too: this setposASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, x]; where x is the height you want it to start at.

One problem will probably present itself. Helis can't go that high. Using the camo ghosthawk I got up to about 300 then it got harder to go up. But if you start it at that height it might be ok, or lose altitude.

One other thing. Don't use "in cargo" if you plan on team switching. You can't switch when that is set. But you can use the moveincargo in the init of unit you wish to switch to.

thank you all, it took a little to figure it out, but i finnaly made my first helicopter insertion in stratis! thanks guys!

Turn off collision lights also.

No difference, it looks like one of the floodlights never turns off.

Can we get a way to toggle Dev branch on/off? It's now 414mb everytime I want to go back and forth. I have a monthly quota for my internet and cant be ripping it up going back and forth with the same large patches.

Can we get a way to toggle Dev branch on/off? It's now 414mb everytime I want to go back and forth. I have a monthly quota for my internet and cant be ripping it up going back and forth with the same large patches.

There is a way, it's called either not auto updating or switching to standard build.

There is a way, it's called either not auto updating or switching to standard build.

What if I want to test the newest build but also play with mates on non dev servers? Got a smart ass solution for that?

What if I want to test the newest build but also play with mates on non dev servers? Got a smart ass solution for that?

The dev build replaces files so every time you switch you have to either re-download the dev files or the standard release files.

I guess you could copy the files in your arma folder and then when you switch move the files back into it and click 'verify integrity of game files' in steam but that sounds like more effort.

By the way, I just noticed in the devbuild that it is not possible to get the AI to open their inventory while seating in passenger seats (tried in the Ghosthawk), while it is possible in the stable build.

Anyone care to confirm?

Edit: Can't open AI inventory in stable build either, though I'm sure I could at some point... it was in the Mohawk as an independant team.

It is generally more related to multiplayer...depends on the hierarchy inside the vehicle, which side the vehicle belongs to, etc. (also http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5610 )

We're investigating the issue and will hopefully improve it or at least clear it up.

in my experience: you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers..

First) stop whineing... Everyone here has to do the same thing, if they want to do what you want to... No one cares..

Second) PICK ONE!! and stick with it..

OR

Third) have your "mates" run the dev build on their server...

Easy Peazy!!

Edited by Lordprimate

copy the entire directory, change the name of one to ARMA 3 BETA dev, and have that as the dev branch. then swap them as needed. you may need to turn off steam when you swap to stop it screwing the game

copy the entire directory, change the name of one to ARMA 3 BETA dev, and have that as the dev branch. then swap them as needed. you may need to turn off steam when you swap to stop it screwing the game

have you tried this already?

and you mean copy the whole game directory?

thanks

Mmm. Guys, a you heard something about software? Like this, for example. This allows you make any links, and even more. Just use two folders and simply change the link when you need.