Anyone else notice they snuck in a change for the SBR Vermin as well? It's now .45 ACP also (however the silencer now needs to be changed to a .45 silencer instead of the currently labelled 9mm).

It's a very lethal little SMG.

I still can't get parachuting to work :/ taking the bag from the helo inventory and equipping it and still no dice. I eject from the helo and just free fall to earth with no way of opening my chute. Looked through the entire control list and saw nothing about it. Tried looking at the context menu while falling and no choice to open chute. Any tips?

You need to jump from higher altitude, at least 100 meters as far as I know :icon_twisted:

Was the death bug fixed or do I still have to Task Manager my way out of ArmA III every time I die?

ammo in ammobox in challange 1 is still 9mm while the weapon in the first range is now .45
Nice find...

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

You need to jump from higher altitude, at least 100 meters as far as I know :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Performance certainly increased, if not in this dev build, then in previous. Because right now I get the same FPS in Agia Marina with v. high for both objects and terrain whereas previously I had to use high for both.

And even then at high moving through Agia Marina I had fps in low 30s, now half the time I get 40+

Thanks for mentioning the update size!!! :)

Parachuting soldiers are happy now.

WTF has happened to my 3D scopes?, cant see nothing when inside because of this weird image on the glass, and there's a target dot above the main dot, or is it just on my end ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156186359

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970350536/screenshots/

Nevermind, it look's like Domination mission is too blame...

Edited by pillpopper123

After today's update, blue recon marksman have only silenced pistol. No rifle.

I also got this error during my custom SP mission which is not from my scripts (unless its from DAP first aid script):

Error in expression <_nearestgroup = nearestObjects [_unit,["CAManBase","Land>
 Error position: <nearestObjects [_unit,["CAManBase","Land>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Parachuting soldiers aren’t sad anymore

A Screenshoot after and before ? Lol

zppv.jpg

;)

WTF has happened to my 3D scopes?, cant see nothing when inside because of this weird image on the glass, and there's a target dot above the main dot, or is it just on my end ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156186359

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970350536/screenshots/

Nevermind, it look's like Domination mission is too blame...

just tested it and is fine for me.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

anyone of you guys know, what causes this to happen?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156191876

note the players names under roles are gone, and on this one the UI is just not there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156191895

The marksman challenge missions don't give you .45 ammo for your ACP, so you can only use your rifle until that's fixed.

Also, I've noticed that when I right click to zoom in on the yellow targets during the marksman challenges my FPS drop pretty sharply. I get great FPS otherwise. When walking around the map since the beta I've also noticed some FPS drops when looking in certain directions. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it's really a killer. i haven't been able to figure out what it is that I'm looking towards that's making this happen though.

The marksman challenge missions don't give you .45 ammo for your ACP, so you can only use your rifle until that's fixed.

Also, I've noticed that when I right click to zoom in on the yellow targets during the marksman challenges my FPS drop pretty sharply. I get great FPS otherwise. When walking around the map since the beta I've also noticed some FPS drops when looking in certain directions. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it's really a killer. i haven't been able to figure out what it is that I'm looking towards that's making this happen though.

I noticed the same thing...

Is anyone still experiencing that death bug?

Yay!

Nice touch indeed but the contrast\adaptation thing kind of make it useless....

Funny, many of us thought that exact same thing long ago. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2899

Camera position needs to be changed as well, should be coming from the nose, not to mention when the gun goes hot the whole thermal is washed out.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2938#bugnotes

Edited by NodUnit

Just tested the Vermin and its .45 but has alot of issues.First is that it hits far above the reticule,second is that I get a weird ringing ears effect after shooting the vermin(could be intentional??) and finally it still uses the 9mm suppressor.And the Vermin recoil has been tweaked....is this with the recoil enhancement or just a placeholder?Just come clean and tell us that these are the recoil enhancement that was supposed to be headed our way.;)

Just tested the Vermin and its .45 but has alot of issues.First is that it hits far above the reticule,second is that I get a weird ringing ears effect after shooting the vermin(could be intentional??) and finally it still uses the 9mm suppressor.And the Vermin recoil has been tweaked....is this with the recoil enhancement or just a placeholder?Just come clean and tell us that these are the recoil enhancement that was supposed to be headed our way.;)

It may hit above the reticule because your target isn´t far away enough

You can zero the Vermin SMG .45 ACP to 100 meters, but then I'd be surprised if you could see the bullet impacts.

The "recoil only like other weapons when suppressed" is also still present; without the suppressor there's (still) plenty of muzzle/sight shake but greatly reduced muzzle climb. While this is arguably consistent (the devs did model it on the KRISS Vector and the description explicitly nods to the Internet-famous mechanism thereof) the problem is that once suppressed it "reverts" to the recoil model of the other weapons when there's no obvious reason that a suppressed Vector would have that.

Amusing:

Green is broken now as the pistol is .45 but all the ammo is 9mm.

I feel foolish for bringing the wrong crackers and am too scared to tell the rangemaster:j:

No worries, rangemaster is already aware of the whole situation and the correct ammo for the re-caliber-ed gun should be on the way. Btw, ssh, I was told the guys from logistics center are already cleaning the field toilets all across Altis.

I for one can report that the ACP-C2's description says "$str_a3_cfgweapons_hgun_acpc2_f_2"... and I swear, I think it either has a fire cap.

FPDR

Edited by Chortles

No its actually all screwed up.Go prone and 50m from a door and using crosshair and not sight aim for the doorknob and you will hit at the top of the door.

Are you using it with iron sights zeroed to 100 meters? I'm going to imagine that the 9 mm suppressor thing was simply a placeholder that wasn't corrected yet like the rest of the weapon, but the differing recoils between suppressed and unsuppressed throw me off.

is it a bug that i can't eject from helicopter? i was trying that in the editor to try out parachutes but there is no get out or eject option in the scroll menu?

Only passengers ("cargo") can eject from helicopters (and I also noticed there are only 4 parachutes in the Hummingbird, when it can hold 6 passengers :P ).

By the way, I just noticed in the devbuild that it is not possible to get the AI to open their inventory while seating in passenger seats (tried in the Ghosthawk), while it is possible in the stable build.

Anyone care to confirm?

Edit: Can't open AI inventory in stable build either, though I'm sure I could at some point... it was in the Mohawk as an independant team.

Edited by Cykyrios