Dwarden

And you can accidentally step on her tail, and fail the special operation. Only hardcore. :)

cats and kittens are still MIA from the fauna ;)
No way you're bringing them, if any cat (or worse kitten) gets hurt in gunfire I'm sinking the entire island as payback. Only after loading all kittens and cats on a UH80 that is...

Yay!

What have you done to NVG, BI? Mounted NVG being invisible is not realistic. You could un-mount them in the middle of the day and there was no problem.

BI, you should undo this rollback. This is unnecessary retrogression. To solve the 'issue' some complain about, you can modify the default loadout so that NVG are not mounted by default or make an inventory tutorial for those who have no idea how to equip/unequip things in the inventory screen.

What have you done to NVG, BI? Mounted NVG being invisible is not realistic. You could un-mount them in the middle of the day and there was no problem.

BI, you should undo this rollback. This is unnecessary retrogression. To solve the 'issue' some complain about, you can modify the default loadout so that NVG are not mounted by default or make an inventory tutorial for those who have no idea how to equip/unequip things in the inventory screen.

while this been talked about I'll agree, I would like to see the NVG's mounted regardless if they are actively being used or not so long as they are actually equipped in your inventory, and unmounted if you put them in your backpack/vest.

while this been talked about I'll agree, I would like to see the NVG's mounted regardless if they are actively being used or not so long as they are actually equipped in your inventory, and unmounted if you put them in your backpack/vest.

^agreed!

this is exactly like the in-scope-view-reload thing that thankfully got removed again. it makes no sense whatsoever. Deceiver hit the nail on the head BI. you made a wonderful inventory system. let people use it, if they don't like the nvg.

stuff like this makes me worried about BI's judgment. this is either a bug or all the complaining (which i'm guilty of too) made them totally lose focus. just do stuff that makes sense and everyone will be happy:p

Found a bug in day1 beta

Vehicles with HMG attached like to fly in the air when hitting trees. We tried a vehicle with no HMG and could not make a tree fall to the ground, nor launch in air. I believe both are bugs (HMG attached flying, and Non-HMG vehicles not able to knock trees down).

Video in link with flying vehicles

does anybody actually see the NVG's? it doesn't matter if i have them or not - there are none on my head\helmet\cap (tho if i press N it works), is that a bug?

It´s a new feature. ..

I wonder if BIS can pull it off that they are automatically visible on your and the AIs Head when it becomes dark and get removed at dawn?

Haha You did it. GM6 is much better now, still not up to the real thing but better none the less! Movement into right direction! Thanks! Now it would be awesome to clear a bit the optics of mi-48! Pretty please ^^. Oh and you can customize the layout! AWESOME!

Edit. Well... it doesn't exactly work as intended, errors and after tinkering with it a bit i've got all layout items present in one place in a v. messy way. Great that you can't destroy apc with a hit to the wall like before. Good job!

Edited by Byku

Spotted this in the latest changelog:

Added: Wind synchronization in MP

Could this be a sign that bullte/wind interaction might make it into Arma 3? I'm going to cuddle a few devs if that makes it in :)

Liking the ability to move HUD elements around, but can't work out how to resize the chat window. I can move it with the LMB and it says I can resize it with the RMB, but I can't make it work. The element seems to disappear when I use RMB and can't be found on screen.

Added: Wind synchronization in MP

Could this be a sign that bullte/wind interaction might make it into Arma 3? I'm going to cuddle a few devs if that makes it in :)

That would be awesome. :)

Or it could be a hint that everyone perceives smoke grenades influenced by wind the same now. :D

Or it could be a hint that everyone perceives smoke grenades influenced by wind the same now. :D

Hey, leave me with my wishful thinking :D

Hahaha, sorry Alwarren but I lean with Minoza: perhaps BI really understands the power of "undersell and overdeliver" after an overly ambitious 2011? You should know BI better by now. ;)

Time for me to dampen your expectations so as to increase your joy if things work out! :D

Yes indeed. Seems like BIS is no longer making "the ultimate military simulator" and instead now making "The game that you can turn into the ultimate military simulator". Notice how there are tonnes of new scripting commands regarding bleeding, burning etc. yet none of that is ingame - either BIS simply hasn't finished these aspects yet and the current simplistic first aid is a place holder (got my fingers crossed) or BIS only plans to give us a solid base and the tools so we can do it ourselves.
I'll second what Byku said about the GM6 -- it's not truly semiautomatic, but its rate of fire is both noticeably faster than before and noticeably faster than the current M320 LRR (doesn't look like its RoF was changed?)... so I won't say "authentic" but rather "asymmetricality achieved". :p

I wonder if BIS can pull it off that they are automatically visible on your and the AIs Head when it becomes dark and get removed at dawn?

NVG appear on the head when you start using NVG.

Edit. Well... it doesn't exactly work as intended, errors and after tinkering with it a bit i've got all layout items present in one place in a v. messy way.

Could please you post screen of the scripting error, either here or to the issue tracker?

BTW: Did you by any chance copy the old Alpha profile to the new folder? I guess not, but it's potential cause of the error.

I can move it with the LMB and it says I can resize it with the RMB, but I can't make it work. The element seems to disappear when I use RMB and can't be found on screen.

Thanks for info, will be fixed in tomorrow's dev branch update.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hkibflhlk9tdtqt/uFXeV1NkZ9

Those two jpg files. Steps to reproduce: Get into layout options -> moved everything neatly :P to the edges of the screen(so there was no space between the icons and the edges of the screen), restart arma, get into editor put a soldier:).

I didn't copy/paste the old profile fyi:).

Maybe it's the fact that i left no space between the icons and edges of the screen, it might be that.

Edit.: Nope, it's not that. I've moved everything randomly(but not touching the edges of the screen) and still the same.

Edited by Byku

To place the new animals to correct locations, I returned to use selectBestPlaces-command, but its stuttering for me very badly while in A2 the command was smooth. Made a ticket to vote if the performance could be improved:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10363

The command is very handy when working good. Would be nice if you could also detect edge of forest to place static weapons to guard open areas while having forest as cover. And to detect shoreline to get position for boats to unload cargo.

does anybody actually see the NVG's? it doesn't matter if i have them or not - there are none on my head\helmet\cap (tho if i press N it works), is that a bug?

Sadly, that ugly change is not a bug. BI stated here that they did it. Hopefully, BI will correct this mistake soon.

I reported this as a bug before the spotrep - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9880