Anyone noticed a shadow/sun light flickering on ground when running through woods ? It also happen when you run and you look on trees, the shadow on trees are dissapearing and then reappearing again. I also tried to disable shadows completely but it didnt help.

glitch since arma 2, its because of not fully dynamic shadows, but stencil ones, just casting a shadow texture, so it flickers sometimes.

glitch since arma 2, its because of not fully dynamic shadows, but stencil ones, just casting a shadow texture, so it flickers sometimes.
I know about this, but never noticed it before. Since the Beta it is much more visible and annoying, sadly. :(

Anyone notice the propellers on the strider are 2D while the rest of the vehicle is detailed in 3D?

Anyone else having problems sprinting with W+S?

Yay!

Just noticed that the DEV team has F'd up the compass again!! WTF. Its Small again and almost unreadable.. Please fix it...

Just noticed that the DEV team has F'd up the compass again!! WTF. Its Small again and almost unreadable.. Please fix it...

please create a feedback ticket

3) player models still can "spin" around vehicles, be it helis or apc's (old bug)

4) some players appear pants-less on my end, tho they aren't using any mods

working as intended, do not fix.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Well they already confirmed they aren't doing driver/gunner vehicle interiors for the armored vehicles.

I still don't know why people care anyways. It's such a small detail that doesn't really affect much gameplay anyways.

It could, that's the thing. The views are very limited. And you could make the same argument about any vehicle. You don't really NEED the interiors but it would be awesome. At least for the APCs which are very commonly used.

People are allowed to be disappointed. I sure am. I paid for the game, and I'd like to see a sexy interior for the drivers and gunners of APCs. Even if it was very basic and could be expanded by the community, I'd be happy, but I'm sure it's difficult to do that when all you have to work with is the weird view that exists now. Hell, I'd be happy just being able to freelook around in the dark, silly as that may be.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Snakes can open doors ? Was in a building in wasteland door opens i was expecting a player to come in but to my surprise it was a snake.

I believe snake are technically considered human by the engine? That's pretty amusing though. I hope you opened up on nothing just to look down and see a little snake making his way through hah.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Yeah, under heavy physical stress and heat, your sight is affected too. Blood pressure, loss of breath and oxygen in the brain, or even the sweat going in your eyes, sometimes.

You are not just "tired" after you have lost that spared energy in your body by sprinting. Your heart pounds and your lungs cry for air, and your muscles hurt. Sprinting is anaerobic.

In a game that tries to imitate reality somehow, there has to be something to make you "feel" that. If after sprint I just ..well, can't sprint, ...only jog or walk, that is a bit lame.

Jogging is differend, it is endurance thing. Sprinting is instant stress for your body.

Agreed, but you don't lose focus. It'd be more accurate to introduce dark areas of vision and maybe a vignette effect would be more accurate.

The blurring wouldn't bother me as much if it looked less awful, and was less significant, because a slight loss of focus makes sense for sure, but not that much.

That's actually a very nice new feature... For your interest, it's not "steam" but "stream friendly User Interface". Livestreaming games has become more and more popular. A problem with those is that people can track the server you are playing on based on the names appearing and disturb the stream aka do "stream sniping". With the stream firendly UI, that's not a problem anymore.

Doh. :blush: My mistake, I was very tired when I was checking that out and didn't read it properly. Very cool feature, indeed. Would be nice if there was some kind of message when you toggle it that says something along the lines of "Stream friendly UI enabled. Chat and server messages disabled." Or something like that. Seems like a fair amount of people, including myself, weren't too sure why our chat had disappeared or what that feature does.

Anyone else having problems sprinting with W+S?

Yes, because it does a short stop here. But I don't care because I use SHIFT+W, the transition between speeds is fluently there.

Doh. :blush: My mistake, I was very tired when I was checking that out and didn't read it properly. Very cool feature, indeed. Would be nice if there was some kind of message when you toggle it that says something along the lines of "Stream friendly UI enabled. Chat and server messages disabled." Or something like that. Seems like a fair amount of people, including myself, weren't too sure why our chat had disappeared or what that feature does.

You can check if it's enabled in the game options :)

yeah i know about the changelog forum but that was yesterdays update?

as they are releasing a stable update will they also update the dev branch?

You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.

Yes, because it does a short stop here. But I don't care because I use SHIFT+W, the transition between speeds is fluently there.
I use Shift+W to walk... Any chance the devs will look in fixing W+S? I found it was a great way to sprint... :(

Yay!

Some of bugs fixed in Apha, are back in Beta.

It's like one team works on Alpha and another one on Beta and no communication between them.

Some of bugs fixed in Apha, are back in Beta.

It's like one team works on Alpha and another one on Beta and no communication between them.

or more likely they are using a core build, and some of the changes in the development branch (stuff thats not approved for final) didn't make it into the final branch for whatever reason

think SVN with a master and a development

Cool, noticed now the great animals have arrived. Hens, chickens, fins, alsatians, sheeps and goats (these havent yet spotted). Animals arent listed in "units", but classnames can be found in config viewer.

it's time to moan and beg :D

switching weapon on the move, thermal NVGs + noise etc.^^

Edited by NeuroFunker

Like always VBS gets it all :D

oh well - that weapon object editor was very nice :p

i got 1.2gb update a few days ago but i can not see any new update today? i tried both "join beta" and "do not jon beta"

i got 1.2gb update a few days ago but i can not see any new update today? i tried both "join beta" and "do not jon beta"

You shouldn't really see anything new today since you've already preinstalled the update. The default branch beta is the exact same as dev BETA right now. Hope I understood you correctly.