If you put a 9mm suppressor on the SMG's they magically have recoil in full auto.

its real difficult to drive in first person backwards with the rear mirrows. because in reallife you see at least a part of your vehicle in relation

to the sight back, like here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Volvo_FH_001_Spiegel.jpg

without seeing a part of your vehicle you have no feeling at what distances you are to an obstacle.

hope that can be changed in final.

also for nightdriving, a backlight would be really great!

i only play in firstperson, you feel much more connected to the game ;)

Also, you can see in this video, at 9:03, that he shoots while running: if I try that (W+Mouse click), the charachter just stops and does nothing...
He's using the "combat pace 3 sec." keybind; the Arma 3 Alternative preset had both that and "fire" bound to Prim. Mouse Btn., although in my testing the first should would miss (low and left).

He's using the "combat pace 3 sec." keybind; the Arma 3 Alternative preset had both that and "fire" bound to Prim. Mouse Btn., although in my testing the first should would miss (low and left).
Thanks, I unbinded it because I didn't think I needed it... Turns out it wasn't a good idea after all... :D

Do you happen to know anything about the double keybind thing?

Yay!

For all those that were wondering, picking up backpacks out of ammo containers on a dedicated server now work.

Damn me testing at this hour of night, scratch the last: double keybindings generally work, It's just the W+S or S+W that won't give me the sprint like before...

Yay!

Are you sure that it wasn't simply rebound to something else in a preset?

Are you sure that it wasn't simply rebound to something else in a preset?
Yes, I went through all the keybindings...

Yay!

Perhaps the beta release would be a opportunity to finally get the correct strings for the editor tooltips instead of the "WIP" placeholder?

/sigh....

I dont know what else to say

Thankfully you are incompetant :D

On attaining higher resoultion shots they do have some degree of wear and tear

one should not some vehicles they included are not new* at all.

http://www.abload.de/img/259766_196649653715106cdkw.jpg

I wonder if they have plans on variations ala rhs variations

Bingo, I hit the nail on the head. People (3D modelling people) are way too anal about their dinged up, overly abused, poorly maintained weapon (and vehicle) models. I'd love to be there when they buy a brand new car with less than 10 miles on it. I guess that should look like it was driven through a swamp in Africa right? Because you know, new parts are a figment of my imagination.

No, the proper way to handle dirt and scratches etc would be to have them applied dynamically as you crawl around through grass and fire your weapon from prone. If you are coming fresh off a carrier with a rifle or vehicle that has had NO maintenance done to it, you are not doing your job.

Perhaps the beta release would be a opportunity to finally get the correct strings for the editor tooltips instead of the "WIP" placeholder?

Hear here! I'll second that. I was expecting that to have been done by "beta" but, alas, no :raisebrow:

Two things:

1. I can't see the text chat in multiplayer at all, nothing shows up when i hit enter and i cant see anyone elses text.

2. Is there a way to display what addons are missing when someone gets kicked? right now it doesnt say anything except modified data file and player disconnected instead of person cannot play mission because of blah blah blah is missing

I don't have any blur when fatique... (in the editor).. But I do get them if I play the showcase missions. Anyone else have the same symptom?

I don't have any blur when fatique... (in the editor).. But I do get them if I play the showcase missions. Anyone else have the same symptom?

It depends on the amount of stuff you are carrying, and default loadouts in the editor, like the rifleman and team leader etc..., don't incur fatigue very easily because they are so low on ammo/gear usually.

That's so annoying when using the new small editor interface, they said there gonna be changes in editor too, like loadout editor, let's just hope there will be more fixes.

I haven't noticed this, then the blur is out, by default? This might be a good thing. EDIT: Nope, tested.

Edited by afp

unpleasant things i discovered playing beta:

1) the running bug is STILL in the game, the only reason to get rid of it is to change weapons or select uav (old bug)

2) half of the time there are no center player names displayed, and no voip names, so the admins have to restart the server many times until it starts working (new bug)

3) player models still can "spin" around vehicles, be it helis or apc's (old bug)

4) some players appear pants-less on my end, tho they aren't using any mods

unpleasant things i discovered playing beta:

1) the running bug is STILL in the game, the only reason to get rid of it is to change weapons or select uav (old bug)

2) half of the time there are no center player names displayed, and no voip names, so the admins have to restart the server many times until it starts working (new bug)

3) player models still can "spin" around vehicles, be it helis or apc's (old bug)

4) some players appear pants-less on my end, tho they aren't using any mods

1. Can use step over to clear it as well.

4. Maybe VAS ammobox is in use, seen a few people running around in undies. They are probably ten year olds who find it amusing.

1. Can use step over to clear it as well.

4. Maybe VAS ammobox is in use, seen a few people running around in undies. They are probably ten year olds who find it amusing.

yeah, but still it happens during the fight :)

well actually i was playing on a locked server with "serious" people :) and they were wearing undies "against their will" :D

What's the running bug? Does anyone else have the glitch where there is no multiplayer chat shown? I only have the channel window and if I hit enter I don't see anything. Friend said he could see mine but I don't see mine or anyone else's.

Two things:

1. I can't see the text chat in multiplayer at all, nothing shows up when i hit enter and i cant see anyone elses text.

Me either?? Others can see what I'm typing,but I see nothing at all??

Me either?? Others can see what I'm typing,but I see nothing at all??

I had the same issue today. It was because I had the "Steam friendly interface" (or w/e it's called) in the game options enabled. When I disabled it I was able to see chat and server messages again. I'd post this serious issue on the bug tracker but I haven't been able to log in on there since day 1.

What's the running bug?

snip

When you put away your map, start running and click RMB to bring your sights up, your character starts running and won't stop before you hit V to step over.

I had the same issue today. It was because I had the "Steam friendly interface" (or w/e it's called) in the game options enabled. When I disabled it I was able to see chat and server messages again. I'd post this serious issue on the bug tracker but I haven't been able to log in on there since day 1.

It's entirely intentional for you really do not want people to tell you how much they make love to your mother in a professional stream.

That's actually a very nice new feature... For your interest, it's not "steam" but "stream friendly User Interface". Livestreaming games has become more and more popular. A problem with those is that people can track the server you are playing on based on the names appearing and disturb the stream aka do "stream sniping". With the stream firendly UI, that's not a problem anymore.

That's actually a very nice new feature... For your interest, it's not "steam" but "stream friendly User Interface". Livestreaming games has become more and more popular. A problem with those is that people can track the server you are playing on based on the names appearing and disturb the stream aka do "stream sniping". With the stream firendly UI, that's not a problem anymore.

Wow, thats a good option... Also it would be nice if there was some ingame information if someone is streaming. OK, ArmA can not necessarily detect it. What I mean is, it would be nice if a streaming user would wear (e.g.) a special helmet with a helmet camera so that the other players can see that he is streaming. And then don't talk evil things, but rather go into the verbal "my little pony" mode.