How do I get the beta now????????????

:confused:

Sorry for the stupid question lol

edit - oh i just changed to the dev build and there is a big update :D

gotta wait a few hours to play it though :(

Is there a list of things added???????

Edited by OneZeoN

What do I do wrong, I can't see any 3d scopes/optics in BETA right now. The same magnify level inside and outside of the sight is present. And looks like zooming in is kinda wierd and twitchy for me. Is it bugged?

pitch artifacts still aren't fixed completely, i still hear the new MG (sorry don't remember the name) fire with those artifacts

What do I do wrong, I can't see any 3d scopes/optics in BETA right now. The same magnify level inside and outside of the sight is present. And looks like zooming in is kinda wierd and twitchy for me. Is it bugged?

It's the compromise for this optics. Zoomed inside and a non zoomed outside view would be kind of resource intensive as both images have to be rendered seperately. You can see what PiP is doing sometimes.

Any one else think the suspension on the new trucks is overly soft ? like the hemtt front wheels are almost touching the wings all the time . just don`t quite look right to me

question for all community and devs!

when BIS releases ALTIS whether its the final version or end of BETA, how are they going to tell if there will be no island bugs?

as the island is so huge it will take ages to go through finding the glitches and things like that. stratis was easy ;)

will the devs do some sort of scan through it then?

It's said that they might release at least part of Altis for preview on the dev branch near the end of beta.

so will they test bit by bit to fix all island errors such as i.e. fence floating

Slight decrease in performance for me I have noticed but not worried as it could just be tweaks needed my end of the game. Great 3d sights and new vehicles.

does anybody have a complete list of all vehicle classes now available in the beta?

A changelog will be released by BI once the stable beta has been released.

Is it correct that the new Bluefor armored vehicle does not have free look in the driver seat? I can't see the interior and can only look static out of the front window.

Is it correct that the new Bluefor armored vehicle does not have free look in the driver seat? I can't see the interior and can only look static out of the front window.

Yes, it sucks. But according to the devs, it's either that or fewer vehicles with the interiors modeled..

Yes, it sucks. But according to the devs, it's either that or fewer vehicles with the interiors modeled..

I'll take quality, a consistent experience, and performance over quantity any day of the week.

I think the stance indicator should not disappear (fade out) overtime. It should be always visible... or is that controllable in options somewhere?

Thats to bad, was hoping for that to be possible, also in the gunner seat you have only scope view like it was in arma2.

Slight decrease in performance for me I have noticed but not worried as it could just be tweaks needed my end of the game. Great 3d sights and new vehicles.

Indeed, the performance seems to be a bit worse than before.

Is it correct that the dev build reset my settings and binds? :(

grrrrr

Issue with the green shooting challenge: On subsequent run throughs on the same load (i.e. by shooting the black reset target at the end of the course) I get penalties for missing targets etc but not bonuses (for using correct weapon) counted towards my end time.

A very fun little mission though I must say and goes to show what the Arma engine can do. Not to mention the Night Ops mission (which is awesome) is fully cinematic and reminds me of the BF: BC2 first mission except all in the fantastic open world A3 engine.

grrrrr

Go to My Documents

There will be 2 folders now - ArmA3 and ArmA3Alpha. Copy zeep.ArmA3AlphaProfile from "alpha" folder into beta folder renaming it to zeep.ArmA3Profile

You will have to set some video settings again probably but that's it.

Great job on that new night ops mission guys at BI, I really liked that. Jolly good.

Settings for control: Yes, that it does. IIRC they also announced that beforehand

grrrrr

Correct. And it was even mentioned in the SITREP/SPOTREP previously. Probably they wanted to "clear the table" with user profiles to prevent any errors in them carrying over. You can still edit the profile files manualy to transfer your keybinds, although better do it carefuly, not just copypaste the whole thing. Some keybind names might have changed as well.

EDIT: oops, ninjaed by Old_Painless :)

Is anyone else getting black textures lately? It didn't happen before, but now I seem to randomly get them.