Ether my guy is REALLY SAD or something is broken with the parachutes animations...

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/1241/zm.th.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/477/plr.th.png

Good to be able to finally eject though, loving that you need an actual parachute bag to deploy!

Making sure this is noticed ;) Also had a weird spasm when I first jumped out of the chopper... but I think that was from the rotors downwash.

The HE rounds from the helo now are very fun to see the impact and on the supports mission it looks like they generate light. I don't know if they are HE or just high calibre but they cause little minisplosions

Hello are you planning to give an option to the track IR user to fix the view when in scope with those new 3D scope ?

Night mission in the showcase was soooo good. :D

Only niggles I've had so far is shubbery being too bright, and gunshot reports sounding like they're in slow-motion at distance.

Hello are you planning to give an option to the track IR user to fix the view when in scope with those new 3D scope ?

BIS please answer this !!!!

what exactly do you mean? that the scope is little off to teh upside ? thats the only thing i saw.

oh and if you are in scope mode with the gillisuit, and sideways (W/S) the suit comes inbetween you and the scope.

I think he means that due to being zoomed in with the new 3D scopes that any small movement causes a huge amount of movement in game.

There is a bug where lowering your weapon with the 3d scopes and going to iron sights doesn't bring the sights up.

Night mission in the showcase was soooo good. :D

Only niggles I've had so far is shubbery being too bright, and gunshot reports sounding like they're in slow-motion at distance.

Indeed! Best Mission so far!

I really hate AI -_- all I want is a heli pilot to engage auto-hover and maintain 300m altitude while I reign death upon enemy squads from 1km out. Why is that so hard to setup? lol

I really hate AI -_- all I want is a heli pilot to engage auto-hover and maintain 300m altitude while I reign death upon enemy squads from 1km out. Why is that so hard to setup? lol

one of the DisableAI functions will stop him from doing that. I think it's the FSM one. Also if you set his behavior to careless It should work too.

So in his init you would put: Heli1 flyInHeight 300; Heli1 disableAI "FSM";

Edited by Insanatrix

Couple things I'd like to see to aid situational awareness.

-There's really no point when either Player or AI report: "Contact Infantry!" -Where? Who? How many? What?? And if the player is himself reporting this there should be some sort of visual cue -as he obviously (Player avatar) knows where he's just seen someone, though the REAL player very likely has no clue :p

- 75m as the all encapsulating measure of distance for anything 75 or under. Why not 50m/25m/10m respectively? Obviously there's a huge difference (especially in Urban) between an enemy a block away at 75m and an enemy directly to my right at 10m. While we're on Urban, please add a "House!" to the enemy that's indoors - it's very useful to know if an enemy is indoor or out.

- finally I wonder if any plans to bring an STHUD like visual cue to Vanilla? I find it absolutely essential for having a general awareness of my comrades whereabouts. The icing on the cake would be if the icons had the units number embedded and lit up when they spoke -then player would have an immediate understanding of the orientation they're referring to.

Do you feel the same? Since the beginning of Alpha, looking (mouse move + ALT) feels way slower (too slow) than turning without ALT. Feels different from ARMA2 and worse.

- finally I wonder if any plans to bring an STHUD like visual cue to Vanilla? I find it absolutely essential for having a general awareness of my comrades whereabouts. The icing on the cake would be if the icons had the units number embedded and lit up when they spoke -then player would have an immediate understanding of the orientation they're referring to.

Fantastic idea. It's one of my main problems. I don't know who speaks, I don't know whom he is refering to, generally distinguishing the units is a hard task. Which can be learned I guess.

Edited by tortuosit

You are right. I only had cba on with one addon and I couldn't revert. When I just used the beta, the second boat disappeared.
Apparently CBA loads some objects, event and radio messages twice, effectively breaking most of BIS content... Also no Mods requiring it work anymore: we'll just have to be patient and wait for a fix on their side...

Yay!

Shadows on Low = CPU calculated.

Shadows on Medium -> Ultra = GPU calculated. Unless you use adaptive vsync, which I'm not sure the 500 series supports, then having vsync on means if your FPS drops even slightly below 60, then it will be forced down to 30. Just another stupid reason about vsync for me not to use it.

With your GPU, I recommend setting shadows on Very High. Ultra doesn't even change anything over Very High at all.

Funny thing is, that shadows on Low ruin your FPS more than the shadows on Medium.

I think he means that due to being zoomed in with the new 3D scopes that any small movement causes a huge amount of movement in game.

Yeah that's totaly what i mean ! if you're on the scope like the ARCO and you move a little bit your head it make a huge movement and it can be very difficult to look throught de scope sometimes

Nobody should use shadows on Low :) @DaRkL3AD3R btw thanks for your reply, I'm using "Very high" now.

@BI: Please low down the default Bloom, because otherwise there are so many bloomish videos on Youtube... :D

Funny thing is, that shadows on Low ruin your FPS more than the shadows on Medium.

Speaking of which, the plans to add "soft shadows" stoped? They look so much better.

Congrats on the beta release, feels like we got an increase in performance as well as new content :)

Is it just me or does my screen become blurry after running for 5 seconds?

No blur here, any particular scenario?

Also I think they have/are implementing a deeper damage system at least visually, during a cruise in the kajiman I noticed the engines were not reflecting, turns out they and the wings had a damage texture, a bit curious unless arma 2 had separate damage components this whole time and I somehow blindly missed it, but I thought it was a all or nothing.

Is it just me or does my screen become blurry after running for 5 seconds?

It does, as first I even thought maybe something it up with my eyes. And it does even though all effects are disabled in video settings. Try

player setFatigue 1

and everything will become blurry

nothing funny, since you can read, we found out long ago, the game is very CPU limited. Most of people can play with 8xAA, and get no performance hit as without.

It does, as first I even thought maybe something it up with my eyes. And it does even though all effects are disabled in video settings. Try

player setFatigue 1

and everything will become blurry

I don't like the fatigue system at all. Movement in Arma 2 was choppy, but atleast not that limited. Now in Arma 3 movement is smooth, but feels insanely limited.

nothing funny, since you can read, we found out long ago, the game is very CPU limited. Most of people can play with 8xAA, and get no performance hit as without.

I know, it's old news. It's pretty sad how Arma 3 is CPU limited, when the CPU is the best component of my PC. My GPU should be the bottleneck.