Messing in the editor and the scenario mission runs pretty good, Nice update, Multilayer it just falls apart random 20 fps drop its just a mess. I think the only way to get it this game running right is 10 players or under to have a good game online.

Is there a 5.56mm Suppressor class in the beta? Just wondering if the Mk20's have suppressors or not.

Really loving the AMV-7 Marshall.It has the turn out feature I loved in Arma 2(MSE-3 Marid does not at current state)and I am having a blast just driving it in 1st person thru wooded areas.This truck alone and I am happy with beta LOL.Not to mention the giddy feelings I get when I go amphibious with it!

And I am coming to find that I am completely ok with the non 3D interiors of the armored trucks and feel that they can actually be better in that you can have more situational awareness.Just a little work can be done to make them much better.The AMV-7 Marshall driver position has just one view port and to be honest it feels perfect driving it like this though I would lengthen the horizontal length to almost the edges of the screen since judging from the outside view it seems twice as wide as one of the MSE-3 Marid viewports. The MSE-3 Marid has 3 view ports.I think that modeling the other two on each side of the main window would add a large feel of difference when driving the two vehicles.Just start a new window on each side of the main window around an inch in to mimic the bezels between viewports.Then make it so that you can cycle thru by pressing look left/look right/center buttons....simple yet very effective situational awareness increase for not much workload compared to whole interiors.Same with commanders position on the MSE-3 Marid which instead of 3 view ports has 8 view ports that should all be able to be cycled thru.The textures when turned out should also be enhanced as they are obvious to the eye that they are lacking.And of course add in the commander position on the AMV-7 Marshall.:D

Messing in the editor and the scenario mission runs pretty good, Nice update, Multilayer it just falls apart random 20 fps drop its just a mess. I think the only way to get it this game running right is 10 players or under to have a good game online.

same, the fps boost in the editor made be kinda euphoric, but then... T_T

Second download just finished (After the first one failed, thanks for the apology DnA but I blame steam not you guys) and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. I was just expecting a couple new vehicles but I have also noticed a nice FPS increase even with increased settings, better LODs and 3d scopes (which I still believe need some work but are a step in the right direction). New video options are also nice.

Only downside is that in forests my fps goes lower than before beta but I believe that is probably due to the more stable LODs. I can live with that.

And for anyone who hasn't done so, get in an apc and shoot a guy the AP rounds. Got a "oh shit!" out of me.

Second download just finished (thanks for the apology DnA but I blame steam not you guys) and I have to say that I am pleasantly suprised. i was just expecting a couple new vehicles but I have also noticed a nice FPS increase even with increased settings, better LODs and 3d scopes (whiuch I still believe need some work but are a step in the right direction). New video options are also nice.

Only downside is that in forests my fps goes lower than before beta but I believe that is probably due to the more stable LODs. I can live with that.

And for anyone who hasn't done so, get in an apc and shoot a guy the AP rounds. I Loled

Do add new showcases and challenges!

Yay!

Oh yeah haven't even gotten around to those yet. I wasn't to pumped about them because many of the alpha showcases were to much for my computer but maybe with the new improvements I may be able to play them. And the new firing drills should eat up some of my time.

Great job BIS, thanks!

Second download just finished (After the first one failed, thanks for the apology DnA but I blame steam not you guys) and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. I was just expecting a couple new vehicles but I have also noticed a nice FPS increase even with increased settings, better LODs and 3d scopes (which I still believe need some work but are a step in the right direction). New video options are also nice.

And for anyone who hasn't done so, get in an apc and shoot a guy the AP rounds. Got a "oh shit!" out of me.

Holly crap!

BIS I think it is a little bit overdone, just a little bit.

hmmm i got strange bug, rebinded "next weapon" (f) to ctrl+f doesnt work with all guns? f works

I can't get the MI-48 to shoot at infantry, it just fly around and do nothing :S

It will sometime shoot at vehicles. but most of the time it does nothing.

Line up about 10 guys on the airstrip and fire the 40mm APFSDS at them and watch it go through them all with ease. Even the HE shell will pass through 3 of them before it explodes. Loving the fact bullets actually penetrate now.

Line up about 10 guys on the airstrip and fire the 40mm APFSDS at them and watch it go through them all with ease. Even the HE shell will pass through 3 of them before it explodes. Loving the fact bullets actually penetrate now.

Hehe great minds think alike:). Right after I posted I tried lining up civs and seeing how many I could down in one shot. Record is 17 so far.

Holly crap!

BIS I think it is a little bit overdone, just a little bit.

I know eh, the blood is overdone on the AP rounds and floats around too long, but I like that BIS isn't just ignoring the gore altogether.

The HE rounds from the helo now are very fun to see the impact and on the supports mission it looks like they generate light. I don't know if they are HE or just high calibre but they cause little minisplosions

I know eh, the blood is overdone on the AP rounds and floats around too long, but I like that BIS isn't just ignoring the gore altogether.

Definitely overdone. It looks way too "gamey" - same splash animation playing all over. But at least it's something. It's not nice to shoot 40mm AP/SAPHEI rounds at people.

One minor issue - the APC's gunsights crosshairs get enlarged as well when changing zoom - I believe they should stay the same thickness, since it is a video sight, and even if it was an optical sight, the crosshair would be focused at infinity, thus staying constant width of lines whatever the zoom. In gameplay terms, because the crosshair lines "thicken" when you zoom in, it's harder to make a precise shot when zoomed in.

Nope, I've been hit by the AI drivers and ragdolled and then gotten back up before the Beta. It just happened to an AI squad mate during a test mission I was running and I turned and watched him get nailed by the APC and thought "Oh Lawd", ran a few steps and turned and watched him get back up. Kinda funny in a way.

Huh...pretty amazing I've never seen it after oh, 400+ hours!

I guess this goes here. Has anyone else played the night showcase and found that there is another boat on top of yours at the beginning of the mission? Somehow bi put 2 of me in the same spot and the only way to see where you're going is to switch to 3rd person. Instead of disrupting each other, they just drive on inside each other.

Also OPFOR sub uses Blufor divers.

Is there ever going to be a purpose for the opfor "glasses". I thought they were going to have some cool futuristic purpose with info on the glasses. But they serve no purpose. Just retarded sunglasses. And now to make worse the "recon" opfor only have them on one side, making the really stupid. If anything shouldn't they be opposite? THe recon with both sides and main infantry with only one? And with no camo pattern, they just look weird.

The worst part of all is the blue backpacks. They looked really bad on the urban units and really really bad on recon. You might as well paint your helmet bright orange and say look at me. Blue camo in a brown and green environment. Why couldn't they make it gray with some blue like the the urban camo?

It's just a misquided attempt at bi trying to satisfy the communities ridiculous love affair with mismatching parts of uniforms.

I don't mean to complain, but with the effort bi has put into this, they seem to just throw in weird stuff just to keep it all from being so generic. They mix things up just because. They made giant luxury vehicles with too much space, where one person gets a roomy cockpit to drive with only few soldiers inside. An Ifrit is the size of a bus and carries 5 people, a bmp2 is half the height and 1/3 of an ifirit and fits a whole squad. The future is comfortable.

Chechk you are not using CBA: apparently this Mod breaks a lot of official BIS content...

Yay!

Ether my guy is REALLY SAD or something is broken with the parachutes animations...

zm.th.png

plr.th.png

Good to be able to finally eject though, loving that you need an actual parachute bag to deploy!

lol - I just got knocked unconscious while trying to board a submersible. Went ragdoll after getting bumped in the head and thought I was dead as I watched my seemingly lifeless body descend into the abyss from another units perspective -with red chemlight on and ragdoll, it was very dramatic!

Is this a new feature -knocked out with ragdoll? If so, awesome :)

Happy with the Beta content and performance wise for the most part although my scuba AI still switch to pistol (have Stanag loaded SDAR) everytime we reach shore -is this intended?

Keep up the great work!

Also wanted to say its great that units fall to prone after taking to big a step -that's a HUGE improvement over Arma2 break a leg or die after a small fall.

I crashed a helicopter into the sea once and survived but was ragdolled. Unexpected to survive.

I didn't notice any higher FPS and I have the same settings as before.

Ofcourse I also noticed less LOD issues and flickering which is great :).

You are right. I only had cba on with one addon and I couldn't revert. When I just used the beta, the second boat disappeared.

Beta is amazing, the game is shaping up nicely! Having a blast in sp and mp with the new toys.