tha freakin grass is always in my 3d scope when im in a prone position, it's cutting thru, very annoying

Nice. Took me 4 hours to download the update. When it said 99%, something happened and it started to re-download it again... Where the hell did the files disappear to?

Same thing happened to me and a few of my friends. I think it has to do with the small patch that was released while we were downloading the update. Instead of downloading the extra +-160mb afterwards, steam deleted all of the progress and started again from scratch. Fun.

Same thing happened to me and a few of my friends. I think it has to do with the small patch that was released while we were downloading the update. Instead of downloading the extra +-160mb afterwards, steam deleted all of the progress and started again from scratch. Fun.

Well that is just great. I usually have 100/10 but right now I'm on a mobile broadband and have to pay if I want to download more than 1GB. Thank you steam for using up my money!

Damn I hope you're wrong. The latest patch came out when my download was about half done. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

EDIT

Yep, starting from square one again.

Ah the joys of steam.

Edited by -Coulum-

Yup, the 7 hour download progression - All gone. Steam redownloads. No Arma 3 Beta for me today. :'(

What is the point to have them ready in the middle of the day? It's not realistic (IRL, weight is a big issue; its a sensible equipment), it clips in some situations and overall it's just looks bad to have an "army of ants" running around, doesn't resemble reality at all.

What's the point of having them in your inventory in the middle of the day anyways? If I have them in my inventory, then they add to the weight anyways.

What is the point to have them ready in the middle of the day? It's not realistic (IRL, weight is a big issue; its a sensible equipment), it clips in some situations and overall it's just looks bad to have an "army of ants" running around, doesn't resemble reality at all.

I agree with that but at least remove completely the attachment if it's not realistic (like Arma2). It looks ridiculous on soldier with not helmet.

I noticed that though the Opfor SMG is called "Vermin SBR 9mm", it says .45 ACP all over the side of the gun.

What's the point of having them in your inventory in the middle of the day anyways? If I have them in my inventory, then they add to the weight anyways.

It's a default loadout. I can't edit every mission can I? :j:

Was talking about weight or stress over the head\neck IRL. The impact in game is negliable.

I agree with that but at least remove completely the attachment if it's not realistic (like Arma2). It looks ridiculous on soldier with not helmet.

But it looks good on helmets. There must be a compromisse, so I take what we have now over what we had.

Armored vehicles will not have the commander position for now on?

Also, I'll presume its WIP, but the miniguns are still using the mind control system? :cool:

I noticed that though the Opfor SMG is called "Vermin SBR 9mm", it says .45 ACP all over the side of the gun.

Well the Kriss Vector, which the Vermin is modelled after, is actually a .45ACP sub machine gun AFAIK.

It's probably just a bug. They aren't shown on the helmet at night either.

Crap... my missions are broken...

was any other class names changed, that aren't present on the dev branch change list?

I would edit my last post, but the forums are so slow....

The Marid is supose to not have any "Turn Out" option?

And the cockpit light on the Ghosthawk looks so nice! Hope it spreads to all other air vehicles.

The merlin [or whatever its called] dashboard has a screen blacked out and with the scorpion there is no recoil in full auto but in the other firing modes...but overall loads of awesome content

Has anyone tried new heli AH99 Blackfoot and noticed no A-G missile ? Maybe I miss something ?

Have someone used the copilot seat?

Now you can take control of the helicopter

that worked also in the alpha, and for a long time ;)

but i was thinking that bis changes the trottle mode for joysticks with thrust control. so you have 0 thrust all the way down, not in at 50% thrust

on the thustcontrol.

gears should be done by keystroke, not automatic

also i miss taxiing with choppers. hope that will come.

and as said before, the pilot should have the control over ungiuded missles!

oh and a minor thing but really usefull at night, !! backdriving light !!

otherwise beta is cool, have to test more ;)

Edited by themaster303

NV googles strap can be taken off if you prefer to go with no helmet look by just putting NV into backpack.

Do the SMGs take up the Sidearm slot or the Primary slot?

I didn't check this morning.

Have someone used the copilot seat?

Now you can take control of the helicopter

You mean gunner , yes ? As I remember I was able to lock target in ah64 as pilot when switched to manual fire mode. BTW, thx

Do the SMGs take up the Sidearm slot or the Primary slot?

I didn't check this morning.

Primary AFAIK

I have tried a small experiment with zooms - this is the result

1. Is BIS new 3D scope with their zoom - which is just 2.2x magnification

http://i.imgur.com/Hnj6VVS.jpg

2. Same thing but with modified zoom - with true 4x zoom like real Hamr does

http://i.imgur.com/43bDAx2.jpg

Kinda interesting dont you think?

The 12x magnification stated for the BIS 3D scope is pretty much the equivalent of a 12x real optic, in terms of feeling and target size at distance. I don't think internal parameter like 2.2 is related to the real magnification. I wonder if it is possible a slightly larger scope frame with a lower magnification...

Primary AFAIK

Damn. I was hoping we'd finally get SMG sidearms without a handgun animation...