hehehe offcourse my missions are broken now..

why did i update the servers before going home to update the missions xD

Aaah, the video settings are now a delight. You can actually choose how strong you want the bloom to be, AND the radial and rotation blur are separate, as well as the depth of field.

It would be definitely nice but where did you get your certain from?

You obviously don't know what DMWarwick can do ;)

pettka or any other dev, check this:

at commanding mission, said them get in, and 2 soldiers, always geting at same seat.

They are just being friendly ... it's like the game "how many people can you get into a Mini", except now with larger vehicles!

I've been playing the combined arms scenario and I can confirm its brilliant! Thanks BI!

Nice to have more stuff to play with, when the full game releases it will be amazing :)

Aaah, the video settings are now a delight. You can actually choose how strong you want the bloom to be, AND the radial and rotation blur are separate, as well as the depth of field.

yeah:cc: now can anybody explain what's the difference between radial and rotational blur?

You obviously don't know what DMWarwick can do ;)

Im sorry for my ignorance ! :) I know DMWarwick mod and I think he did great job with smoke and fire but my question was rather if it could be vanilla.

Anyway cant wait to get my hands on Beta!

yeah:cc: now can anybody explain what's the difference between radial and rotational blur?
This!

Also, con we move old configurations to the new Beta folders?

Yay!

can't wait for cremator or anyone update warfare/cti missions. Finally they must be much much more fun!

Hey BIS,

The Beta is awesome! Only one thing is not good in my opinion. When you fly a Helicopter ONLY the gunner can fire the rokets. Maybe you can change it so that the pilot got the controls for the rokets and the gunner only controls the maschinegun?

Like it was in ACE. That would be awesome because it´s difficult to fire a unguided roket with precission when the gunner controls the "trigger" for the rokets and the pilot must aim.

When you change this, the BETA ist the best thing that happend to me since the Alpha ;)

Nice to see some first positive reactions :)

I have to wait to Tuesday before I can play the beta :(

And now the most common question ever:

How is game performance compared to Alpha? :confused:

Radial Blur gives a blur effect usually to the edges of the screen when moving forward or backward at higher speeds, its used to increase the feeling of speed and can quite often be found in racing games. Rotational blur is usually what you call the blurring of an object in photos/low fps video that is spinning really fast in front of you, such as a car wheel. In Arma III though I think it most likely is referring to the blur on your screen that happens while quickly turning your players view. This PP effect can make frame rates seem smoother.

Hey BIS,

The Beta is awesome! Only one thing is not good in my opinion. When you fly a Helicopter ONLY the gunner can fire the rokets. Maybe you can change it so that the pilot got the controls for the rokets and the gunner only controls the maschinegun?

Like it was in ACE. That would be awesome because it´s difficult to fire a unguided roket with precission when the gunner controls the "trigger" for the rokets and the pilot must aim.

When you change this, the BETA ist the best thing that happend to me since the Alpha ;)

Didn't had the chance to play beta yet ;(, but if they did such a thing, then it is very, very STRANGE and very unrealistic, because in Arma 2 in beta patches the pilots already have control over unguided rockets. I very much hope that they will change that.

I just made a quick test and everything works fine. I love the new blufor helicopters :yay:

We would like to encourage adding different weapons rather via scripting and specific add-ons to them than having bazillions of pre-defined guns few people are likely to use and we cannot maintain quality control on them all.

Please make this happen: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4903 so we can add weapons with any attachments into containers.

at commanding mission, said them get in, and 2 soldiers, always geting at same seat. No matter if i select whole group and command to get in, or 1 by one. They always end up sitting at same seat,

OK, so now we have gay soldiers in ArmA - BI, give us female soldiers next please ;)

And extra many thanks for separating PP options, finally can turn off that damn motion blur!

Wow that is good news! I'll probably have no time for gaming until Monday. Oh noooooo.

Radial Blur gives a blur effect usually to the edges of the screen when moving forward or backward at higher speeds, its used to increase the feeling of speed and can quite often be found in racing games. Rotational blur is usually what you call the blurring of an object in photos/low fps video that is spinning really fast in front of you, such as a car wheel. In Arma III though I think it most likely is referring to the blur on your screen that happens while quickly turning your players view. This PP effect can make frame rates seem smoother.
Thank you for the answer, i guess both will be off for me, I prefer a crisper image and the FPS boost!

Yay!

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

I just made a quick test and everything works fine. I love the new blufor helicopters :yay:
The stealthy UH60 and what other?

can't wait for cremator or anyone update warfare/cti missions. Finally they must be much much more fun!

Hehe mate. I'm still talking to Zonekiller about the mission, but he doesn't have a good computer to use Arma3 as yet. It's on his list however.

I did try to use AiA on the orignal, but it would crash randomly.

Agree that it would be AMAZING to have full island Warfare !

Okay I have to give huge props to the people who took the feedback tracker about extended video options on board. 3D resolution, sampling and Anti Aliasing as well as Post Processing now have their own tab which allow you to adjust the AMOUNT of process effect you want visible, splitting radial and rotation blur as well as depth of field and more. I think a lot of people are going to be happy with this addition.

Also as someone who loves to see "what could", the ghost hawk makes me cry tears of joy, excellent design interpretation, the cockpit is ----- gorgeous in both model and texture, love the new digital displays and dimensions with all of the 3D switches and...mmaaa...

Edited by NodUnit

Thank you for the answer, i guess both will be off for me, I prefer a crisper image and the FPS boost!

Yay!

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

The stealthy UH60 and what other?

the new stealth Blackhawk is wonderful and the other one is AH-99 Blackfoot , a combat helicopter for blufor.

Hehe mate. I'm still talking to Zonekiller about the mission, but he doesn't have a good computer to use Arma3 as yet. It's on his list however.

I did try to use AiA on the orignal, but it would crash randomly.

Agree that it would be AMAZING to have full island Warfare !

altis warfare my god, take a month to find anyone lol

2 things I've noticed so far, the NV goggles's model is not being loaded, and the NATO APC's "center-point" of the wheels is slightly off to the right. I will look further into these bugs.

EDIT: Seem to only be the headwear thingy's model that loads, not the goggles themself.

Also found this, don't know if it was in the alpha alwell, it show an additional unit icon that the size of box allow. http://i.imgur.com/ioPBPy1.png ( reproduce: open the add unit menu and find a menu big enough so you have to scroll to see them all. Men seem to be fine. Scroll up and down a bit )

Edited by runekn
added more bugs

altis warfare my god, take a month to find anyone lol

Since Altis isn't in the beta, you don't need to worry about it.

Also most of the content seems pretty cool so far. Noticed a few things:

- Kamaz truck handles like shit. It's too slow to accelerate and flips way too easily

- Zamak Dump? Displayname should be Zamak (Open)

- HEMTT acts like it's a light truck as well. It needs to have more weight on it

- Wheels on vehicles (and other parts) are still destroyed way too easily with collisions

- Couldn't seem to get the Titan AA to lock onto any helicopters. It showed it was locked, but upon firing it didn't follow the target (No they didn't deploy CMs)

- Where'd the Mk200 go? (Keep in mind I didn't check to see if it was on Greenfor, which it might be)

Hi all,

We just found a small issue in Combined Arms Showcase when playing on a Dedicated Environment, tasks are not showing.

This has been hot fixed and will soon be available.