Even DayZ animations are just from updated current system with modified skeleton with some few things , so its not whole new animation system - which arma kinda needs in the future

So the next dev branch will be the beta :o , now the only question is: before the weekend but when ? even if will be this friday we're alredy on it :) so excited :)

So the next dev branch will be the beta :o , now the only question is: before the weekend but when ? even if will be this friday we're alredy on it :) so excited :)

It'll be BRANDED as beta, that doesn't mean beta content. Beta is still slated for the 25th.

It'll be BRANDED as beta, that doesn't mean beta content. Beta is still slated for the 25th.

oh :(

oh :(

The next game EXE to be released on Development branch will likely already be Beta-skinned. Its description and icon will look like it's the Beta. More importantly: it will already change profile paths, registered file extensions, etc. Be aware of this when you go looking for your settings and other content!

Devs did mention the 'possibility' of 'some' of the Beta contend being released within the Dev Build prior to the official Beta release on the 25th....maybe we get lucky?

Any Arma veterans think they can give some insight on the HDR quality setting? Right now our choices are Low and Normal, but I know that there are higher level HDR bit settings available in other games so what are the odds that there will be a High setting which will give better lighting and coloring? As of right now even on Normal HDR I feel like the game is still way too bloomy in terms of sky/ground contrast. The ground either looks too dark while the sky is normal or the sky is freaking radioactive while the ground is normal. With a higher precision HDR value we can even both out at the same time and the game will look 100% better.

So anyone who has experience with older Armas know if there's a chance for higher quality HDR settings between Beta and Gold?

Any Arma veterans think they can give some insight on the HDR quality setting? Right now our choices are Low and Normal, but I know that there are higher level HDR bit settings available in other games so what are the odds that there will be a High setting which will give better lighting and coloring? As of right now even on Normal HDR I feel like the game is still way too bloomy in terms of sky/ground contrast. The ground either looks too dark while the sky is normal or the sky is freaking radioactive while the ground is normal. With a higher precision HDR value we can even both out at the same time and the game will look 100% better.

So anyone who has experience with older Armas know if there's a chance for higher quality HDR settings between Beta and Gold?

Some good news for you in the last sitrep.

User Interface guru Vladimír Hynek shares with us two great new things slated for Beta. In his wise words:

"A long time anticipated feature - tweaking of post-processes separately, was added. The layout of the whole video options dialogue was redesigned, so it is easier to find which options are placed under which tab. A couple of smaller tweaks like a FPS indicator,

Some good news for you in the last sitrep.

User Interface guru Vladimír Hynek shares with us two great new things slated for Beta. In his wise words:

"A long time anticipated feature - tweaking of post-processes separately, was added. The layout of the whole video options dialogue was redesigned, so it is easier to find which options are placed under which tab. A couple of smaller tweaks like a FPS indicator,

Thanks for the reply. I already read this yesterday and what I took from it was that the video options were going to be refined to give you more control, but this doesn't necessarily answer my question unfortunately. I am looking to raise the floating point precision of HDR from 16 bit (Normal) to a potential 24 bit or even 32 bit (High/Very High) setting to help with the uneven bright/dark spots in the game. I guess it is possible that when we get the new beta video settings that they added these options in, but I think it's doubtful right now. I was more hoping someone who has experience with tweaking HDR in past Armas could chime in on the possibility of a 32 bit FP HDR setting for Arma 3.

Thanks for the reply. I already read this yesterday and what I took from it was that the video options were going to be refined to give you more control, but this doesn't necessarily answer my question unfortunately. I am looking to raise the floating point precision of HDR from 16 bit (Normal) to a potential 24 bit or even 32 bit (High/Very High) setting to help with the uneven bright/dark spots in the game. I guess it is possible that when we get the new beta video settings that they added these options in, but I think it's doubtful right now. I was more hoping someone who has experience with tweaking HDR in past Armas could chime in on the possibility of a 32 bit FP HDR setting for Arma 3.

it's in your ArmA3alpha.cfg in Documents/Arma 3 Alpha, there's a value called HDR precision = 16. If you change it I believe you have to make it read only to make it stick.

choose HDR to normal, then lower the in game brighness settings to like 0.7 or less, up to your taste, rise your gamme sttings a bit. Brighness config is somehow shader based, like in GTA4, so you can make picture same bright as in battlefield, or more realistic one.

I expect them to tweak it. When the Alpha was released this thing (ground\sky to dark\bright) wasn't an issue, then they implemented the new and better lighting system and it somehow got worse (not so bad as in A2).

it's in your ArmA3alpha.cfg in Documents/Arma 3 Alpha, there's a value called HDR precision = 16. If you change it I believe you have to make it read only to make it stick.

Yeah I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work. Saved a mission at sunset and took screenshots in the same spot with both 32 and 16 set in the file. It looks identical on both.

choose HDR to normal, then lower the in game brighness settings to like 0.7 or less, up to your taste, rise your gamme sttings a bit. Brighness config is somehow shader based, like in GTA4, so you can make picture same bright as in battlefield, or more realistic one.

I've actually been dropping Gamma to 0.75 most of the time to try and cancel out the overwhelmingly bright sky, but it is more a bandaid than an actual solution and has the adverse affect of making night completely impossible to play in.

I haven't really checked various times but in the Vehicle Showcase the sky seems over bright compared to how little light there is on the ground.

I haven't really checked various times but in the Vehicle Showcase the sky seems over bright compared to how little light there is on the ground.

That's a perfect example of what I'm hoping High/Very High HDR settings will cure.

That sounds more like a matter of adjusting the ambient light value to better match the brightness of the sky. Arma has had similar discrepancies in the past (semi-bright twilight sky + pitch black ground springs to mind).

Hi,

I'm kinda confused and feeling a little crazy because I thought I remembered Moricky saying in one of the Live streams, that some beta content would be added to the Alpha DEV before the Beta stage for us to test out. No one remembers this but me ..... Was i hearing what I wanted to hear and not what he said.. :confused:

Edited by Bigpickle

I thought they said right after E3 in one of the live streams. Well, it's worth the wait although some of the content shown in the live stream seemed quite finished to me already.

Don't tell me you can't wait a few more days. ;)

Those blurry ground textures make ArmA as ugly as it can get, really frightening especially when you are flying...- I hope they will make them better until release. The community offered ideas...

Just so that no one misses it:

20-06-2013

Today should be the last day of interrupted service - tomorrow we'd like to stage the entire Beta on this branch. Everything is too dependent on everything else to do any sort of partial update in the meantime.

Fingers crossed that there are no issues/delays. :)

Stage the entire beta on the dev branch? Does that mean all the content from the beta being in the dev branch tommorow?

If so, that's pretty neat.